Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Title Guy
17,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reviews

Dana White’s Contender Series – Season 4 – Week

Dana White hosted an event at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada on Tuesday, September 15th that was broadcast on the ESPN+ online service:

Middleweight Jordan Williams def. Gregory Rodriguez KO (punches) 1 2:19
Featherweight Collin Anglin def. Muhammadjon Naimov Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-27, 29-27) 3 5:00
Welterweight Michael Lombardo def. Korey Kuppe Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00
Women’s Featherweight Danyelle Wolf def. Taneisha Tennant Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00
Featherweight Kyle Driscoll def. Dinis Paiva Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00

Invicta FC 42: Cummins vs. Zappitella

Invicta FC hosted an event at the Police Athletic League in Kansas City, Kansas on Thursday, September 17th that broadcast on UFC Fight Pass:

Atomweight Alesha Zappitella def. Ashley Cummins Submission (von flue choke) 4 1:20
Bantamweight Lisa Verzosa def. Raquel Canuto Decision (split) (28-29, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00
Strawweight Jessica Correa Delboni def. Herica Tiburcio Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Flyweight Victoria Leonardo def. Liz Tracy Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) 3 5:00
Catchweight (120 lbs) Helen Peralta def. Jennifer Chieng Decision (unanimous) (30-26, 30-27, 30-27) 3 5:00

UFC Fight Night: Covington vs. Woodley

The UFC hosted an event at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, September 19th that was broadcast on the ESPN+ online streaming service:

Welterweight Colby Covington def. Tyron Woodley TKO (rib injury) 5 1:19
Welterweight Donald Cerrone vs. Niko Price Draw (majority) (29–27, 28–28, 28–28) 3 5:00
Middleweight Khamzat Chimaev def. Gerald Meerschaert KO (punch) 1 0:17
Light Heavyweight Johnny Walker def. Ryan Spann KO (elbows and punches) 1 2:43
Women’s Strawweight Mackenzie Dern def. Randa Markos Submission (armbar) 1 3:44
Middleweight Kevin Holland def. Darren Stewart Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00
Flyweight David Dvořák def. Jordan Espinosa Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
Featherweight Damon Jackson def. Mirsad Bektić Submission (guillotine choke) 3 1:21
Women’s Flyweight Mayra Bueno Silva def. Mara Romero Borella Submission (armbar) 1 2:29
Women’s Bantamweight Jessica-Rose Clark def. Sarah Alpar TKO (punch and knee) 3 4:21
Featherweight Darrick Minner def. T.J. Laramie Submission (guillotine choke) 1 0:52
Bantamweight Randy Costa def. Journey Newson KO (head kick) 1 0:41
Bantamweight Andre Ewell def. Irwin Rivera Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28) 3 5:00
Bantamweight Tyson Nam def. Jerome Rivera TKO (punches) 2 0:34

Previews

UFC 253: Adesanya vs. Costa

The UFC will be hosting an event at the Flash Forum in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on Sunday, September 27th to broadcast on pay-per-view:

Middleweight Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Paulo Costa
Light Heavyweight Dominick Reyes vs. Jan Błachowicz
Flyweight Kai Kara-France vs. Brandon Royval
Women’s Bantamweight Ketlen Vieira vs. Sijara Eubanks
Featherweight Hakeem Dawodu vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
Lightweight Brad Riddell vs. Alex da Silva
Welterweight Diego Sanchez vs. Jake Matthews
Featherweight Shane Young vs. Ľudovít Klein
Light Heavyweight William Knight vs. Aleksa Camur
Heavyweight Juan Espino vs. Jeff Hughes
Light Heavyweight Khadis Ibragimov vs. Danilo Marques

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts
Middleweight Khamzat Chimaev def. Gerald Meerschaert KO (punch) 1 0:17

Khamzat's 3 UFC opponents.

#1 John Phillips training out of SBG Ireland
#2 Rhys McKee a fighter from ireland
#3 Gerald Meerschaert one of the 185 lb UFC fighters that looks the most like Conor McGregor

One might say there has been some next level matchmaking to setup a fight with Conor for Khamzat since day 1.

But why.

Why is this guy getting so much privileged treatment even before his first fight in the UFC.

·
The Title Guy
17,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but Khamzat Chimaev is a middleweight as compared to Conor who is a lightweight and is an extremely small welterweight. He probably walks around no more then 170 so what is the point in creating that fight? All that will happen is Khamzat with knock out an extremely smaller Conor.

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts
Khamzat Chimaev's first fight in the UFC vs John Phillips was @ 185.

2nd fight vs Rhys McKee @ 170.

3rd fight vs Gerald Meerschaert @ 185.

Khamzat is calling out Adesanya now.

But it is weird how his first three opponents were irish, trained in ireland or looked a little like Conor.

Its also weird how the media ran stories about Chimaev "travelling" to ireland to fight Conor in the streets.

Most fighters don't get any coverage or mention from the media after their first UFC fights.

·
The Title Guy
17,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it sounds like they are trying to build something there. Though it seems like they might want to go one way or the other there. Then again Conor is trying to book some kind of match with Justin Poirier I guess as some kind of charity event.

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts
If there is a political agenda to grant illegal immigrants free healthcare in the united states.

Khamzat Chimaev could be part of it. Him receiving "illegal immigrant" privileged treatment from the media and whichever WMEIMG staff did his UFC matchmaking would explain some things.

I wonder if this sounds crazy to people.

Maybe what I'm saying isn't crazy. People are terrified and afraid to think about why american politicians push hard to give illegal immigrants free healthcare and other benefits.

·
The Title Guy
17,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude, I'm with you when it comes to the political spectrum but I genuinely think you're a conspiracy theorist when it comes to stuff like this. Khamzat is a resident of Sweden and I haven't heard anything about him being an illegal immigrant to the US. That would create issues with fight cards.

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts
As far as I know, Khamzat lived in dagestan and later immigrated into sweden.

Illegal immigrants from a muslim heritage usually vote democrat.

Its the reason democrats want to give illegals free healthcare and hold up poster boys like Khamzat who successfully immigrated to the western world, to encourage more illegals to migrate into the united states and give them more Biden votes.

·
The Title Guy
17,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have to remember that the term "illegal immigrant" completely depends on the how the government in charge of the jurisdiction. For the US it's whomever jumps the border, smuggles in, or overstays their visas. For Sweden they maybe lighter and again, I think you're being a tad bit paranoid here.

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts
Would it be paranoid to say Walt Harris' stepdaughter was kidnapped and murdered by an immigrant.

Who entered the united states, had zero job options and turned to a life of crime to support themselves financially.

Trump wanted a wall to better regulate the immigration process.

Democrats and the left want open borders. They want to give illegal immigrants free healthcare to encourage more of them to cross the border. So more people like Walt Harris stepdaughter die. Just so they can get more votes and push their political agendas.

What's "paranoid" about that.

·
The Title Guy
17,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree that's certainly what the Democrats are wanting and that was definitely a tragic situation which would've been prevented had the guy not been allowed into the country. What I mean though as you being paranoid is that other stuff you read into current events comes off as paranoid, like Chimaev's push.

·
Premium Member
6,909 Posts
For me.

Its harder to find something in the media, sports, politics and entertainment that isn't a push.

Than it is to find something that is a push or designed to serve an agenda of some type.

·
The Title Guy
17,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah but you have to admit that pushing a guy only goes so well unless the guy can actually perform. His first two guys may have been no namers but Gerald Meerschaert is no joke. For me his push is no different then say Do Ho Choi and we all know he unfortunately hasn't worked out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts