Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are these 2 guys fighting at this weight? Babalu is usually @ 205 and Lawler @ 185. So why 195 for this fight? just to make a cache weight so they can fight or is Babalu going down to 185?

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
Why are these 2 guys fighting at this weight? Babalu is usually @ 205 and Lawler @ 185. So why 195 for this fight? just to make a cache weight so they can fight or is Babalu going down to 185?
Don't really matter Babalu should win this with ease..if he comes to fight

·
You're Welcome.
7,723 Posts
Sobral really should lend thought to dropping to 185. I don't ever see him being more than a gate-keeper at LHW, yet he could likely be a legitimate threat in SF's MW division. Crushing Lawler and dropping to 185 could mean serious title implications for the man, especially when Lawler is being touted as a likely 'number one contender' if he so happens to win. I can't think of many names in the MW division who could give Renato fits on the ground, where he so happens to specialize.

Lawler, Smith, Le, Melvin... all stand-up fighters he could likely take down and submit. Henderson, Lindland... both aging wrestlers whom could likely score takedowns, but are certainly not impervious to being tapped out. The only real threat I see for him is Souza, for obvious reasons. Perhaps I'm giving Sobral too much credit, but I think that were he to play to his strengths, MW is a division he could do rather well in, at least in regards to SF.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, after the fight he expressed a wish to fight Hendo. Not sure at what weight though?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.