Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how Roneto Sobral got this nickname? I remember they explained it once but I forgot? Thanks!

Pogo

·
Registered
130 Posts
i'm not entirely certain of course, there's always room for error or corrections, but i read he acquired his nickname through a gum chewing habit. he used to really dig a brand of gum called 'babalu'.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
j.farrell said:
huh..i thought maybe he was just a fan of the jungle book..i heard he listens to the "bear necessities" when he runs up the volcano..
Thats Baloo(spelling) not Babalu.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i'd rather his nickname be babalu than something painfully generic like 'the brazilian assassin', or 'the brazilian nightmare'. puh-leeze.:laugh: at least babalu is personable; rolls off the tongue nicely!

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Babalus a good nickname. One of my favorites actually. Whether it comes from gum or not. Not many people have heard of this gum anyway so whats the difference.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Coldblue said:
i'd rather his nickname be babalu than something painfully generic like 'the brazilian assassin', or 'the brazilian nightmare'. puh-leeze.:laugh: at least babalu is personable; rolls off the tongue nicely!
i dunno its still pretty dumb to be nicknamed after gum haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts