Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on UFC.com they have now made it offical that gsp vs Hughes and Silvia vs Monson our gonna both occur at UFC65 Bad Intentions (stupid name), and once again Tim Silvia is not the main event because he's boring as hell. I heard Silvia talk in an interview about how depressed he was from not getting the main event at Bitter Rivals. I bet he's shitting his pants about this one. Anyway dose anyone know what the other 3 big cards are rumored to be?
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
Sylvia's just so oafish & delusional. I actually believe he pitched a fit about being in the main event. He probably did it wearing a diaper & his world title belt.

GSP vs Hughes 2 is going to save this card. They could have Tim Sylvia vs Wes Sims vs Paul Varleans, and people would still tune in. I just remembered that Sims & Sylvia did fight once.
 

·
Lights Out
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
MMA1990 said:
So on UFC.com they have now made it offical that gsp vs Hughes and Silvia vs Monson our gonna both occur at UFC65 Bad Intentions (stupid name), and once again Tim Silvia is not the main event because he's boring as hell. I heard Silvia talk in an interview about how depressed he was from not getting the main event at Bitter Rivals. I bet he's shitting his pants about this one. Anyway dose anyone know what the other 3 big cards are rumored to be?
look through the fourm you lazy basterd no need to make the same thread when i already made this thread yesterday
brandon vera vs frank mir
joe stevenson vs tba before thought to be hominick guess not anymore
nick diaz vs some japanesse guy
brad imes vs tba
source mma weekly
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
nickman9000 said:
Based on liddell/ monson I don't think monson is gonna do that well. Because when it comes down to it isn't Silvia just a taller, heavier, more awkward, more crap in his pants version of chuck liddell? Actually I'd like to see Monson sub that ass hole, He's got ppl saying arlovski should retire. WTF!
The difference between Chuck and Sylvia isn't just those listed above, though they're all true. The really big difference is that Chuck has the best takedown defense in the UFC, and Sylvia has a terrible record against qualified submission fighters. Arlovski has good ***** and it took him something like 10 seconds to leg lock Sylvia once he hit the ground. Mir won with an armbar in 50 seconds.

In Sylvia's 2 UFC fights that have gone to the ground he has lasted a grand total of 97 seconds. (47 against Andrei and 50 against Mir)
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
Oh, and I forgot to mention that Monson is a more qualified submission fighter than both Andrei and Mir.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,806 Posts
libertywrestler said:
i hope monson wins i don't dislike silvia i just want monson to get the belt for some reason he's cool :)
im with u on that one. i dislike sylvia for some reason. just don't like him at all. anybody who beats him is a good fighter in my eyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
I like Monson alot, he fights out of washington like me and hes actually become a very well rounded fighter. I think monson problem is going to be the getting inside of sylvia's reach TO take him down. Sylvia might have bad takedown defence but hes got some LONG legs and big arms.

I like sylvia as well though, i think you all need to give the man a ****ing break, just because he KO'd AA once and AA turned into a scared unconfident fighter Tim is the champ, he's faught AA who was the best contender (and still might be) and one both fights.
The thing that bothers me the most out of people on the forums is at times your more of wanna be reports instead of fight fans. I noticed alot of you guys care more what he says outside of the cage then what he does inside of the cage. I don't like fighters who go out of there way to put another fighter down, but when your about ready to go into a cage and your goal is to kick the everliving shit out of the man standing across from ya, you have to get yourself pumped up and crush there moral.

Anyways, just my thought, i personally dont like HW fights that much, i think there to slow. I love the LW's the most.
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
Spit206Fire said:
I like Monson alot, he fights out of washington like me and hes actually become a very well rounded fighter. I think monson problem is going to be the getting inside of sylvia's reach TO take him down. Sylvia might have bad takedown defence but hes got some LONG legs and big arms.

I like sylvia as well though, i think you all need to give the man a ****ing break, just because he KO'd AA once and AA turned into a scared unconfident fighter Tim is the champ, he's faught AA who was the best contender (and still might be) and one both fights.
The thing that bothers me the most out of people on the forums is at times your more of wanna be reports instead of fight fans. I noticed alot of you guys care more what he says outside of the cage then what he does inside of the cage. I don't like fighters who go out of there way to put another fighter down, but when your about ready to go into a cage and your goal is to kick the everliving shit out of the man standing across from ya, you have to get yourself pumped up and crush there moral.

Anyways, just my thought, i personally dont like HW fights that much, i think there to slow. I love the LW's the most.
I just accept Tim for who he is: UFC's version of Baby Huey. He's a big, dumb oaf, and he fights like one. That's not a diss towards Big Tim, because he has a good record(And is champ). He can't fight like Fedor, Cro Cop, Nogueira, or Barnett, because that's not him, that's not Tim. What works for Sylvia is fighting like a big oaf, so why even change?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Damone said:
Big Tim told me he's training with a new sparring partner for the Monson fight.....

HAHA thats awesome and never seems to stop being funny. I dont think that is a good choice for a partner though. Hows he suppised to win without the other guy giving up from the smell and not wanting to come close to him. HA thats probably why Arlovski fought like a girl last time he didnt wanna get close to that ass so he never went for takedown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Sylvia has really cleaned up his boxing in his last couple of fights though. He's got a big advantage in his boxing because of his size and reach, and because of his oafish KNOCKOUT punches. He'll outbox Monson, but I DO believe this fight will end up going to the ground with Monsons strength.

I'm a big fan of both guys so I don't know who'll win it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
IronMan said:
The difference between Chuck and Sylvia isn't just those listed above, though they're all true. The really big difference is that Chuck has the best takedown defense in the UFC, and Sylvia has a terrible record against qualified submission fighters. Arlovski has good ***** and it took him something like 10 seconds to leg lock Sylvia once he hit the ground. Mir won with an armbar in 50 seconds.

In Sylvia's 2 UFC fights that have gone to the ground he has lasted a grand total of 97 seconds. (47 against Andrei and 50 against Mir)
good quote if monson can get it to the groud he has got it.
 

·
F*ck You I Rhyme Better
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
KillerInstinct said:
I hope he beats Hughes too.It'll make the division even more interesting ,plus if GSP wins ,than there'll be a Hughes/GSP III.

and if he beats him in the third fight.. dana will prolly make him fight hughes again

dana is such a matt hughes nuthugger did anyone else catch him sayin "ive never seen anyone like you before" when hughes beat penn
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top