Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
LEGEND
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're headed for a trilogy. Georges St. Pierre Dominated Matt Hughes during they're first meeting. His ground game and stand up are at least par with Matt's. The biggest difference is GSP is a much smarter fighter and can control every aspect of a fight. This time, he's like the terminator, he can't be stopped. It's time for a new champ and a new era and GSP is gonna kick it off. Canada will reign supreme
 

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
no canada sucks and the farm boy matt hughes will prevail with a huge ko slam like what happened to newton
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
no canada sucks and the farm boy matt hughes will prevail with a huge ko slam like what happened to newton
canada does not suck.. just the beer does.. besides where else can you double your money by crossing the border.. ??? GRanted you can go to mexico and quadruple your money.. but what in Mexico would you really want besides a buritto?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
The Don said:
canada does not suck.. just the beer does.. besides where else can you double your money by crossing the border.. ??? GRanted you can go to mexico and quadruple your money.. but what in Mexico would you really want besides a buritto?
ive been to Cancun twice for spring break, and i tell you theres ALOT you would want down there.....alot of Blondes, Brunettes, Red Heads.....and if you dont want a Corona, some places still have American beers too :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
CTFlyingKnee said:
ive been to Cancun twice for spring break, and i tell you theres ALOT you would want down there.....alot of Blondes, Brunettes, Red Heads.....and if you dont want a Corona, some places still have American beers too :)
I been to Tijuana... Tourist areas are not really mexico.. they are set up to impress tourists.. go 5 miles or less from the resort and people are living in poverty.. no wonder they risk life and limb to sneak into the US we really do need a fence built..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
putmeonhold said:
We're headed for a trilogy. Georges St. Pierre Dominated Matt Hughes during they're first meeting. His ground game and stand up are at least par with Matt's. The biggest difference is GSP is a much smarter fighter and can control every aspect of a fight. This time, he's like the terminator, he can't be stopped. It's time for a new champ and a new era and GSP is gonna kick it off. Canada will reign supreme
If GSP is one of your favorite fighters thats cool but you should at least state facts. GSP was armbarred in the 1st round of their last fight and he did not dominate the ground game. He might this time but he did not the last time he was submitted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
one thing I noticed when people talk about past fights.. they talk as if only one of the fighters usually thier favorite one was the only practicing training and getting better since the previous meeting.. both fighters more then likely were doing such.. so both fighters were getting better more then likely so you can not go by saying well he's been working on this so it should be equal now.. its not like the other fighter has been frozen in time and not getting better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
The Don said:
one thing I noticed when people talk about past fights.. they talk as if only one of the fighters usually thier favorite one was the only practicing training and getting better since the previous meeting.. both fighters more then likely were doing such.. so both fighters were getting better more then likely so you can not go by saying well he's been working on this so it should be equal now.. its not like the other fighter has been frozen in time and not getting better

This is true. Most of the top fighters know the flaws in their own games and are working on them all the time. Some championship fights are kind of a joke (Arlovski/Buentello) and some can go either way (Hughes/GSP, Chuck/Babalu). The next couple of UFC cards are going to be interesting to watch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
Keithpas said:
This is true. Most of the top fighters know the flaws in their own games and are working on them all the time. Some championship fights are kind of a joke (Arlovski/Buentello) and some can go either way (Hughes/GSP, Chuck/Babalu). The next couple of UFC cards are going to be interesting to watch.
yea am am going to be counting on people here to post the fights so I can see them.... can't affoard PPV's plus don't really want the kids watching this stuff until they are much older and understand that this is about competition not about trying to hurt someone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
The PPV's in the states are expensive I know - wasn't 61 like $60 or something crazy?

They get sent here free (the UK) so long as you have the right cable/digital package to get Bravo. You ever tried, aherm, viewing it on the net?
I have a child too, aged 6, who is fight obsessed. Not because we have ever let him watch it, he just loves doing judo and learning how to strike. We have shown him a few very selective clips, of good tactical ground matches, but I agree it's not for the eyes of little people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
stop there isn't going to be a third fight, matt will walk away champ again cause that's what he does, hey gsp is super lucky he's even in this fight cause honestly bj won that fight, bj is a better striker, and forget about the ground game, i don't see losing his belt, and if he does it will be to mr penn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I love watching the UFC 50 fight between them 2, GSP couldn't tough out an armbar for 1 second and lost at 4:59 seconds of the FIRST ROUND.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
doublelegtakedown said:
no canada sucks and the farm boy matt hughes will prevail with a huge ko slam like what happened to newton
I don't think I would brag about the slam against Newton. I think that was more the laws of gravity and unluckyness for Newton. Hughes was out when him and Newton fell to the gorund.

Anyway, I can't wait for the fight. I see it being totally even, should be very interesting. Who ever has the bigger heart should win!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
609throwdown said:
stop there isn't going to be a third fight, matt will walk away champ again cause that's what he does, hey gsp is super lucky he's even in this fight cause honestly bj won that fight, bj is a better striker, and forget about the ground game, i don't see losing his belt, and if he does it will be to mr penn
BJ did not win the fight. what one were you watching?

As much as i like GSP, i think Matt will win. i dont know why, GSP is far more athletic and has the skills but Matt somehow always pulls it off and im sure he will again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hmmm.... noone seems to remember how lightly Matt took BJ Pen in that fight, maybe you guys should re-rent that one. Not only that but Matt is at the top of his game. He beat GSP, Royce, Riggs all in the first round. Not to mention making Pride fighter Trigg look like he does'nt even belong in the same ring both times. Hughes is right now p4p the best mma fighter in the world, and anyone claiming otherwise is in denial....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
609throwdown said:
stop there isn't going to be a third fight, matt will walk away champ again cause that's what he does, hey gsp is super lucky he's even in this fight cause honestly bj won that fight, bj is a better striker, and forget about the ground game, i don't see losing his belt, and if he does it will be to mr penn
Your an idiot Georges dominated Penn in two specific rounds Penn only won one round the one where St. Pierre began to bleed a tiny bit thats it. And Matt Hughes obviously could beat BJ Penn in a rematch. I'm a huge Georges fan and I have a feeling he won't beat Hughes because when Hughes trains hard (which he probably will since this is a hyped opponent) he always wins. Look what he did to Gracie. Not even PRIDE fighters did that to Gracie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
kuk sa nim 777 said:
Hmmm.... noone seems to remember how lightly Matt took BJ Pen in that fight, maybe you guys should re-rent that one. Not only that but Matt is at the top of his game. He beat GSP, Royce, Riggs all in the first round. Not to mention making Pride fighter Trigg look like he does'nt even belong in the same ring both times. Hughes is right now p4p the best mma fighter in the world, and anyone claiming otherwise is in denial....
Trigg has only fought once in Pride, I wouldn't consider him a Pride fighter. It doesn't matter how lightly Matt took BJ, at the end of the day he got DOMINATED by a smaller guy, which hurts him trying to be the p4p best. Personally, I'm not going to consider Matt for the #1 spot until he beats BJ or until Fedor loses, since I have Fedor at the #1 spot.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,807 Posts
Rush said:
Your an idiot Georges dominated Penn in two specific rounds Penn only won one round the one where St. Pierre began to bleed a tiny bit thats it. And Matt Hughes obviously could beat BJ Penn in a rematch. I'm a huge Georges fan and I have a feeling he won't beat Hughes because when Hughes trains hard (which he probably will since this is a hyped opponent) he always wins. Look what he did to Gracie. Not even PRIDE fighters did that to Gracie.
matt hughes can beat GSP but not bj peen. BJ is a terrible matchup for hughes, he has better stand up and better jiu jitsu on the ground. Penn beat hughes very easily.

I wouldnt say GSP only bleeded a little buddy, he was sent to the hospital.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
brownpimp88 said:
matt hughes can beat GSP but not bj peen. BJ is a terrible matchup for hughes, he has better stand up and better jiu jitsu on the ground. Penn beat hughes very easily.

I wouldnt say GSP only bleeded a little buddy, he was sent to the hospital.
well one thing to considerd most fighters espcially after long hard fights go to the doctor or hospital to be checked over for any injury that might not be presently showing at the moment weather they won or lost, as a saftey precaution but in the case of a fighter who got beat and if it is badly they are going to more immeadiate concerns.. Hmm I wonder if the UFC hirres thier own EMTs to be at ring side or do they use the local guys... Hmmmm
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top