Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon all.

i have posted before - But I feel my knowledge has improved now and was wondering if someone could comment on my plan for my home workout rotuine. I dont have much equipment - A bag and a jump rope. I cant make it to a club for the moment(but when I do i dont want to hold the class up) and I can only really train on my on own the moment. I think Im missing some strength training - so would like some help :)
I am going to do my workouts in a circuit style for 5 minutes with 1 minute rest.

Monday - full bodyweight workout, back and biceps, abs and neck, chest shoulders and triceps, legs

Tuesday - Cardio work out

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - Full body bodyweight work out

friday - Cardio work out.

For each day im also going to shadow box for 5minutes, do 20mintues on the bag and jump rope for 15minutes.

Is this a good workout plan?

·
HeadlessNorseman?
131 Posts
this sounds pretty good for what you wanna do. What is your cardio workout? remember not to get stuck in the trap of doing endurance stuff like jogging and bicycling for cardio. You need to build your anaerobic energy system. Bodyweight workouts are my favorite thing, so much so that i almost never go to the gym and use weights any more, maybe once a week. I got a "no holds barred" book called warrior conditioning or something like that, it has a lot of execellent body weight and gym equipment routines with lots of helpfull plans(recipes in the book) and other stuff, highly recommended

ALSO!! dont forget, technique/training is the most important part. Once you get the chance to get into a school/mma gym, focus most of your energy on that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey
thanks for the reply. I have had a look for "warrior conditioning" but have only found a viking warrior conditioning book, and a book call "training for warriors". Would either of these be the one.

For my cardio I am planning on do these exercises - 20reps each for 5 minutes with 1 minute rest
frog jumps, sqaut thrusts, mountain climbers, sqaut to jumps, jack to steps, toe taps with jumps, side to side jumps, prisoner sqauts, long jumps.
Im going to get a chin up bar. and incorperate burpees with chin ups at the end.

I have some very basic technique at the moment which I am using for my bag work. While doing bag work I am using Bas Ruttens MMA workout audio tracks. I heard that they give you a good cardio workout!

·
HeadlessNorseman?
131 Posts
yes thats exactly the kind of stuff you need to do, spot on. IT should be hard to talk while your doing that stuff, if its not, more intensity! this kinda stuff builds up your anaerobic cardio like i said and also helps you with lactic acid resistance. I love to do jump burpees and also uphill or wind sprints. They will kill you haha. Remember to add some upper body stuff in there too though. i got the book off the shelf its called no holds barred "the ultimate guide to conditioning" by mark hatmaker. Its pretty awesome. i also have training for warriors and thats a good one but most of the stuff in there requires equipment that i dont have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts