1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new UFC LHW Champ?

VS!!

The new and improved...

Both of these guys are my favorite. And although Shogun is coming off a huge win over Machida, Rashad poses a lot of problems for him as well. On paper, this fight is very close. So VOTE now on who will win this upcoming fight!!

(For the record, Rashad is going to destroy Rampage)

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Evans ego is to damn big for him to fight intelligently in the octagon. He will abandon any game plan and trade with Shogun which will be a KO win for Shogun. I think Rampage has a better chance against shogun.

·
Registered
256 Posts
See... as bad ass as Shogun is right now. I'm leaning towards Rashad due to his takedown skills. But no way I'm betting against Shogun

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
To be fair I think the best way to beat Shogun is wrestling and in a way I think Mark Coleman proved that. A guy like Rashad might be able to take it.

Personally I see Shogun winning by TKO.

·
Banned
689 Posts
i doubt rashad could take him down for five rnds he doesn't have the cardio and shogun would get up quicker than silva and than make him pay.

·
Administrator
15,571 Posts
Very hard to say.

If Rashad goes full on and sticks with his wrestling, he can decision him, possibly TKO but Machida is solid on the ground so I'd say decision.

We all saw Machida toss Shogun down with ease each time he tried, so if Rashad was to really put focus on takedown, takedown, takedown, he'd be able to take control of the pace and win a decision. Shogun has been taken down in all his UFC fights, he was taken down by Liddell, by Coleman, by Forrest, and by Machida multiple times.

However, Shogun is no easy fight, even if you have a style advantage. Shogun could rock him and finish him, he could submit him off his back, he could even stuff some takedowns maybe.

I'm not going to vote cause.. it really all depends if Rashad would stick to his base wrestling or not. If he does, he can pull out the win, if not, he's going to get knocked out.

Whether this fight will happen or not is up in the air, cause Rashad vs. Rampage could go either way in my mind.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've got no doubt that Shogun would knock out Rashad especially in a 5 round fight if Rashad did decide to lay and pray which is really unlikely 5 rounds is to much time for Shogun to catch him with a big shot or sub. But really it doesn't matter because its really unlikely that Rashad will beat Rampage I actually see Rampage beating Shogun as well assuming that he is training hardcore again.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
LOL at Rashad destroying Rampage.

Laugh out f#cking loud.

Shogun would destroy Rashad in one round unless Greg Jackson and Rashad pull some boring ass LnP like they did vs Thiago Silva. Even if they did pull that crap Shogun would catch Rashad soon or later and score a TKO/KO victory.

With Lil' Nog and A.Silva soon at LHW full time, Rashad will never see the LHW belt again. He is riding in the same boat as Forrest Griffin.

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
Rampage left hook round 1, see wut i did there?

I'm rooting for Rashad over Rampage, but Page is nothing to look past, it's good that's your boy and all but i feel it's to early to discuss this.

For purely academic purposes, Rashad could barely handle Thiago Silva, Shogun is going to give him fits.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
The problem isn't taking him down which undoubtedly Rashad can do, it's keeping Shogun down for the entire fight without getting stood up, submitted, swept, or otherwise letting Shogun back to his feet. That's gonna be a tall task and the odds are seriously against Rashad IMO.

All Shogun needs is one good punch and that's the beginning of the end for Rashad, and he's got 25 minutes to do it. Unlike Thiago Silva, Shogun ain't gonna dick around when he's got Rashad rocked, if Evans gets rocked he's toast within 5 seconds.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I just think Shogun would have too many ways to win the fight. If Rashad tries to stand and trade with Shogun he's gonna get kicked alot and eventually he's gonna get put out imo. If he uses his wrestling he has a chance but holding Shogun down is no easy task. Shogun got up from Lyoto fairly easily and Rashad struggled to keep Thiago down and I believe Shogun to be better off his back than Thiago Silva. Shogun has vicious leg locks and is very good at creating space to sweep or to just get back to his feet. I think Shogun TKO 2nd or 3rd round, I really can't see Rashad holding him down for 5 whole rounds not to mention those freaking baseball bat kicks Shogun's gonna be hammering him with are gonna take some explosion out of Rashad's shot and they just wear on you especially in a 5 rounder. I also agree with the poster above me if Rashad does get clipped Shogun like all Chute Boxe fighters are gonna put you away hard and fast. I think Rashad would have a better chance at beating Shogun than Rampage would though.

·
Banned
439 Posts
To be fair I think the best way to beat Shogun is wrestling and in a way I think Mark Coleman proved that. A guy like Rashad might be able to take it.

Personally I see Shogun winning by TKO.
Sorry to say but Coleman didn't prove anything. He won because Shogun broke his arm on a freak accident. I see Shogun subbing or sweeping Rashad when he takes him down.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since when was Rashad so easy to sweep and submit? The last time he was on his back for more than 2 seconds... I think he was fighting.. wait.. has anybody kept Rashad on his back? Maybe Tito, but Rashad kept standing up fast.

People underestimate Rashad's ground game so much it saddens me.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Even if Rashad's wrestling was as good as Coleman's (which it isnt)Shogun clearly won the Coleman fight even if he hadnt finished. What wrestlers have grinded out a UD against him?
I will be honest,I was incredibly biased watching that fight so im not gonna argue but I remember having Coleman scored by split decision.

That was if Coleman took him down insted of being finished. In then end I just think that Wrestling is the best approach to Shogun.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.