Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BREAKING NEWS: MMAWeekly has learned that Vitor Belfort and Pawel Nastula tested positive for banned substances after their respective fights on Pride's "Real Deal" card this past Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission has confirmed that Nastula tested positive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone, while Belfort tested positive for the banned substance 4-hydroxytestosterone, which is also banned in Major League Baseball and other sports.

All of the other fighters who were drug-tested on the Pride card passed their drug tests.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I bet almost all of them use shit. U almost have to, to be in that level of competition. Only takes so long for certain things to get out of the body, and you can also use things to mask drugs

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the Phenom, but I don't think that he's the same guy he used to be.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I bet most of brazil's fighter take shit. It's as easy as walking into a pharmacy and getting it without a doctors prescription. Over the counter in Brazil

·
Registered
583 Posts
Pisses me off that Vitor got caught taking it. He's had enough problems and now this..I hope he can rebound like Josh Barnett and Tim Sylvia did from it and still be praised without bringing up he took something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How is it that everytime a fighter uses a banned substance...they end up losing the fight? Bonnar was busted at UFC 62 where and he lost both Belfort and Nastula lost. Maybe they should realize that this stuff isn't working as well as they think it might and a clean fighter is the best fighter :thumbsup:

·
Free Thinker
5,673 Posts
AMPLine4Life said:
How is it that everytime a fighter uses a banned substance...they end up losing the fight? Bonnar was busted at UFC 62 where and he lost both Belfort and Nastula lost. Maybe they should realize that this stuff isn't working as well as they think it might and a clean fighter is the best fighter :thumbsup:
maybe it's because winning is mostly mental! and all these jack-offs who use roids lose because its not about "muscle" or "strength" but heart and desire. maybe using roids is the last step towards admitting to themself that they aren't the fighter they want to be, or could be, or the type of fighter that can win out of shear skill!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Ken Shamrock said:
Pisses me off that Vitor got caught taking it. He's had enough problems and now this..I hope he can rebound like Josh Barnett and Tim Sylvia did from it and still be praised without bringing up he took something.
if sylvia deserves a chance everyone does

·
ACI Level 1
228 Posts
it must have hurt nastula's feelings too badly to get crushed by Nog so he blew it for his pride match... I thought he won on real deal though.

ANYWAY, he's an olympian. I figured there would be good reason to do shit the right way. Screw him.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It doesn't shock me when anyone gets busted now days. That includes each and every sport in the world. Everyone wants to be the best and they feel the need to use an advantage. Still, until they do get caught, we can't prove anyone is doing anything, we can only assume and speculate.

·
Registered
336 Posts
wow that sucks BIG TIME.....

i have sympathy for Vitor Belfort, he had such potential, but just wasnt the same ever since his Sister was murdered

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
cabby said:
I bet alot of the big name guys use shit

after writing 2 posts of almost exactly the same shit, i think we get ur point of view ffs.. and ur statement makes no sense, based on nothing at all.. its easy to say fedor could be on any kind of illegal drug, because hes so dominant. Besides, muscles alone doesnt make a great mma fighter... give all the illegal drugs u want to butterbean, and hes still going to loose. By definition, a "big name" fights more often than others, so they get tested more often than any random fighters. Your previous posts about brazilian fighters getting at a drug store and getting anything they want in Brazil is just completly random.(have u even been to brazil..)

Anyways, from the fight ive seen, Belfort didnt look in super shape at the end of 15 minutes, and technically he did ok on the ground, but really nothing impressive...As for nastula, he actually did great against Barnett, but i think it was more technically then strenght or stanima... So does those illegal drugs really have an effect on the fighters during the fight? Like some1 mentionned, all the fighters caught using drugs in mma actually lost their fights..I think the stress from being caught already overcomes the advantage of that drug... Pawel is probably banned from pride now, and Belfort, who probably wasnt going to get invited again anyways, is probably as well.

to the original poster, what does Belfort's illegal substance increase? Muscle recovery or stamina or..etc? Same question for Pawel.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Split said:
after writing 2 posts of almost exactly the same shit, i think we get ur point of view ffs.. and ur statement makes no sense, based on nothing at all.. its easy to say fedor could be on any kind of illegal drug, because hes so dominant. Besides, muscles alone doesnt make a great mma fighter... give all the illegal drugs u want to butterbean, and hes still going to loose. By definition, a "big name" fights more often than others, so they get tested more often than any random fighters. Your previous posts about brazilian fighters getting at a drug store and getting anything they want in Brazil is just completly random.(have u even been to brazil..)

Anyways, from the fight ive seen, Belfort didnt look in super shape at the end of 15 minutes, and technically he did ok on the ground, but really nothing impressive...As for nastula, he actually did great against Barnett, but i think it was more technically then strenght or stanima... So does those illegal drugs really have an effect on the fighters during the fight? Like some1 mentionned, all the fighters caught using drugs in mma actually lost their fights..I think the stress from being caught already overcomes the advantage of that drug... Pawel is probably banned from pride now, and Belfort, who probably wasnt going to get invited again anyways, is probably as well.

to the original poster, what does Belfort's illegal substance increase? Muscle recovery or stamina or..etc? Same question for Pawel.
haha of course muscles alone dont make a great mma fighter.....look at fedor is he all rippled muscle??? nope. and by the way i work out with a couple local bodybuilders that visit brazil often and also train with bodybuilders over there. so i know quite well about how easy it is to get shit over there. i think ur kind of coming off at me like an ass and i had no intention of sturring anything up. im not here to fight, just to chat with others about mma. if you dont like something i said just say it dont attack me

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
anabolic steroids will increase muscle mass and size
androgenic steroids will increase your endurance and rips

·
WTF Chuck, Fight Me!
1,784 Posts
cabby said:
haha of course muscles alone dont make a great mma fighter.....look at fedor is he all rippled muscle??? nope. and by the way i work out with a couple local bodybuilders that visit brazil often and also train with bodybuilders over there. so i know quite well about how easy it is to get shit over there. i think ur kind of coming off at me like an ass and i had no intention of sturring anything up. im not here to fight, just to chat with others about mma. if you dont like something i said just say it dont attack me

i dont like when ppl write the same thing 3 times in the same thread, thats what i dont like and its probably why i started this. I also dont like ppl who make statements without anything else, like " all top fighters use that shit". There, i said what i dont like, i wasnt attacking you personally(i dont even know you, how could i). Im not here to fight either or start anything up.. but if your going to use stereotypes, at least explain it(like u did after..)

Fedor isnt ripped at all, and that doesnt make him clean anyways either.. so i dont ur "look at fedor"... like u said urself in the other post after, 2 kind of different drugs can be used. When i talk about muscle, im not talking about only the physical aspect of it, and im sure u knew it..

And i think i didnt explain what i meant well, when i talked about brazil.. u dont need to go to brazil to get those substance.. bodybuilders here can get it as well, and while its probably true that its easier in brazil(freaking every1 there is training there) , im talking about the ones that are " undetectable".. im sure Belfort wasnt stupid enough to go for a random one, he probably took one that he thought would be undetectable, and since 4-hydroxytestosterone(or steroids in general for that matter) are not illegal in itself(not sure about bodybuilders, but i think its legal), saying that its easy to get those in Brazil may not have been random because of ur own experience, still doesnt make that point valid for a fighter in mma. (its not cuz i get robbed by 3 mexicans that mexicans are robbers) Unless you have encountered mma fighters in Brazil competing in decent mma events, u cant generalised that easily, based on bodybuilders...

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Split said:
i dont like when ppl write the same thing 3 times in the same thread, thats what i dont like and its probably why i started this. I also dont like ppl who make statements without anything else, like " all top fighters use that shit". There, i said what i dont like, i wasnt attacking you personally(i dont even know you, how could i). Im not here to fight either or start anything up.. but if your going to use stereotypes, at least explain it(like u did after..)

Fedor isnt ripped at all, and that doesnt make him clean anyways either.. so i dont ur "look at fedor"... like u said urself in the other post after, 2 kind of different drugs can be used. When i talk about muscle, im not talking about only the physical aspect of it, and im sure u knew it..

And i think i didnt explain what i meant well, when i talked about brazil.. u dont need to go to brazil to get those substance.. bodybuilders here can get it as well, and while its probably true that its easier in brazil(freaking every1 there is training there) , im talking about the ones that are " undetectable".. im sure Belfort wasnt stupid enough to go for a random one, he probably took one that he thought would be undetectable, and since 4-hydroxytestosterone(or steroids in general for that matter) are not illegal in itself(not sure about bodybuilders, but i think its legal), saying that its easy to get those in Brazil may not have been random because of ur own experience, still doesnt make that point valid for a fighter in mma. (its not cuz i get robbed by 3 mexicans that mexicans are robbers) Unless you have encountered mma fighters in Brazil competing in decent mma events, u cant generalised that easily, based on bodybuilders...
I never said all top fighters use shit. I simply made a point of something I said. Which was its easy to get it there, over the counter. And no doubt you can get it here, im with guys at my gym almost everyday that use almost on a consistent basis. Hate to tell ya man drugs are everywhere and in every sport being used by many. And also, there aren't any steroids that can not be detected. There is masking agents to hide it, so you never know who is using. Every year the ifbb(international federation of bodybuilders) tests every one of their athletes before any shows and they all pass. So you never know. People are getting faster, stronger than ever. Many would take drugs to be able to compete with the competition the sports world now has

1 - 20 of 26 Posts