Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading a brazilian news site and on a exclusive interview to the site belfort said this:

''Conversei com o Lorenzo [Fertitta, dono do UFC] e ele me prometeu que sou o próximo. Realmente foi uma vitória apertada, mas agora eu que vou disputar o cinturão. Só não sei a data exata de quando será essa luta”, declarou Belfort.''

now, that means that after the fight he spoke with lorenzo and vitor said lorenzo ''promised'' him that he was next in line for a title shot, but he just doesnt know the exact date of the fight

sooo...what do you guys think?? real? or BS? maybe he just wants to look good to the brazilian fans, but this fight makes sense, after vitor AS will have cleaned out the division and it is a fight that would sell a lot also

aannnd lets not forget the rumored UFC event in brazil for next year, and AS will fight only next year so this would make an awesome main event:thumb02:...win win for brazilians

heres the link to the whole interview http://esporte.uol.com.br/lutas/ult...assegura-que-sera-proximo-rival-de-silva.jhtm

though theres nothing else thats really important hehe

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
I hope it's true. That's the fight I really want to see next. I don't believe he necessarily deserves the shot. One catchweight win over Rich Franklin doesn't warrant a 185 pound title shot imo. But I really would like a Sonnen vs Okami rematch as well. So it works out perfectly for the fights I'd like to watch, so I won't complain :D

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Belfort will have plenty of time from the planned November fight, with a 3-4 month extension for the Silva injury. Belfort needs to fight - Okami or Sonnen. Before Sonnen replaced Belfort, it was like 'ohhh wow, Phenom is back he just anhilated Fraklin, he's the #1 contender' - without any real merit beyond that. Now he has his time to actually have fight a UFC MW when he's healthy.

At this point he needs to step back in the octagon and fight in November or so.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I think it's kind of b/s that Vitor has only had to fight one person in the UFC to get a shot against Anderson. I also think it's crap that his last fight was almost 1 year ago.... give the man another damn fight before a title shot. Is he just going to sit around until Silva is ready to come back? eesh :thumbsdown:

·
The Fun Police
11,565 Posts
I'd Like to see a Belfort vs Sonnen No 1 contender match then if Sonnen wins, a USA vs Brazil season of TUF with him and Anderson as coaches.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'd Like to see a Belfort vs Sonnen No 1 contender match then if Sonnen wins, a USA vs Brazil season of TUF with him and Anderson as coaches.
jeezuz thats a great idea:thumb02::thumb02: a whole tv series for chael to do what chael does best. i wouldnt miss an episode if he was on tuf

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
This is gonna be a long ass lay-off for Belfort.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I like it. Vitor deserves a title shot more than anyone else in the division right now. His only win inside of the UFC recently was rich Fanklin, but I don't think that only wins inside of the UFC should count for a title shot.

All inclusive, Vitor is on a 5 fight win streak which includes demolishing Rich Franklin and Matt Linland.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I think it's kind of b/s that Vitor has only had to fight one person in the UFC to get a shot against Anderson. I also think it's crap that his last fight was almost 1 year ago.... give the man another damn fight before a title shot. Is he just going to sit around until Silva is ready to come back? eesh :thumbsdown:
Agree.

Guy isn't like Shogun, or other Pride guys and has a dominating career coming over to the UFC. The guy beat Rich Franklin at 195 a year ago and gets a "wait around" title shot at 185? Give me a break. :thumbsdown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.