·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
8,071 Posts
Can't wait for this.

I think if Fedor doesn't win the tournament, he needs to truly retire once and for all.
Fedor won't win, I'm not even confident he'll bear Mir (although he should).

Prime Fedor wins this without even breaking a sweat, however these days I think everyone in the tourney has a good a shot of beating him and people like Nelson and Mitrione should be able to KO him pretty easily.

·
Registered
677 Posts

Prime Fedor wins this without even breaking a sweat, however these days I think everyone in the tourney has a good a shot of beating him and people like Nelson and Mitrione should be able to KO him pretty easily.
As much as I don't won't what you said to happen, but I agree with you, he could easily get KOed by those guys.

I think if he truly wants to stay in the sport, he must drop to LHW.

·
Super Moderator
8,071 Posts
As much as I don't won't what you said to happen, but I agree with you, he could easily get KOed by those guys.

I think if he truly wants to stay in the sport, he must drop to LHW.
It might help to some degree but his chin is shot, a big hitting LHW puts him away, they'll also have the speed advantage.

I'd like to see fedor against guys like Wand and Shogun, maybe a rematch with Hendo. Fun fights that have no legacy bearing. At the moment you got guys like Meathead making a name from him when realistically they wouldn't have stood a chance against a prime Fedor.

·
Registered
677 Posts
It might help to some degree but his chin is shot, a big hitting LHW puts him away, they'll also have the speed advantage.

I'd like to see fedor against guys like Wand and Shogun, maybe a rematch with Hendo. Fun fights that have no legacy bearing. At the moment you got guys like Meathead making a name from him when realistically they wouldn't have stood a chance against a prime Fedor.
I 100% agree with you. At his prime, non of these fighters would even stand a round!

This is life though!

·
Administrator
15,517 Posts

Agreed.

Fedor's chin is awful now, and his speed/timing/strength/cardio/etc is obviously lower because of his age. I mean, the guy is 41 years old. He's also smaller than most of the people on that list which used to never be an issue but now it is. Sad, but I don't see him beating Mir.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No Kongo, Lashley, Minakov, Oli Thompson, Wren etc but they include Chael, the guy that is just gonna roll over and capitulate if he gets hit. Rampage will most likely turn up in terrible shape and won't have the pop required to make a dent in anyone BUT Chael. King Mo is interesting as a fighter but he's likely to get finished by all the HW's except Fedor, leaving just Bader from the LHW's as a credible choice for winning the tournament. He's definitely the favourite from that group and I would say only Mitrione ranks ahead of him provided he can beat Nelson in their rematch.

Strange tournament but I'm not surprised given it's Scott Coker

·
The Title Guy
16,698 Posts
Yeah Scott Coker is relying on the fact that he can get a bunch of big names fighting in this tournament instead of genuine heavyweight contenders. Bobby Lashley should be in it but then again he probably wants to concentrate more on pro wrestling then MMA. Honestly they should be making this more a David versus Goliath tournament instead of the match ups they have.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah Scott Coker is relying on the fact that he can get a bunch of big names fighting in this tournament instead of genuine heavyweight contenders. Bobby Lashley should be in it but then again he probably wants to concentrate more on pro wrestling then MMA. Honestly they should be making this more a David versus Goliath tournament instead of the match ups they have.
My understanding is that they are trying to avoid doing Mitrione/Fedor 2 or Mo/Rampage 3 at least before the final and that's what's led to the awkward matchmaking and tournament bracket.

·
Administrator
15,517 Posts
I want Fedor to win. Then he'll come to the UFC and be the HW champ. Right? Right?? Right... It's happening, folks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fedor Emelianenko is one of the greatest fighters to never fight in the UFC and at present he's only beating his legacy into the ground.
any idea WHY he's doing it though?

I thought M1 Global looked after him far better than the UFC ever could, isn't he a multimillionaire by now? I don't believe for a moment that it's solely for the competition, he's barely in shape these days even by his standards.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts