Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
There's a source for that, his twitter:

Sorry everyone I tried to fight my best these past two fights but ended up getting out worked... the UFC has officially cut me... the good news is they told me to work on my wrestling and ground game and then come back... So that is all I am going to be doing... improving dramatically and show them I belong. It was a honor to fight for the @UFC and I will make it back into the mix in due time... no one ever said my dream of getting that belt would be easy... in fact I was denied it as even a possibility and told I was crazy since I was a kid... look how far I have gone feeding off the doubters and haters... it just makes me that much more hungry... I'll be back! There isn't a doubt in my mind. Much respect to Swick, Fitch, and Hallman as they were the better men on those nights and have my full respect. To fight such names is a true honor... now to continue my journey like a ronin searching for the battle that awaits me... it will come and I will be ready... till then I will not stop training and improving myself as a martial artist and human being. Life is nothing but a longterm learning experience... I have learned enough to consider myself a veteran... now to continue my progress and look towards what the future holds for me... staying positive in negative times has been the hardest tests I have ever faced but I have been through harder times and have fought my way through... this is no different... To Joe Silva, Dana White, Lorenzo Fertitta, and the whole staff of the UFC it was good times and I look forward to seeing you all again in the future... To all my fans I thank you all and priomise no matter where I go or who I fight I will be making the biggest and loudest noise I can letting it be known I am still here working harder than ever and will never give up...I will prove my worth and make my return to the UFC... to all the haters... thank you even more you help bring laughter and comedy to my life as well as determination to continue on and push harder than before to make a statement. I always come to fight my mentality has always been win, lose, or draw... I come to bring action and excitement...but it doesn't always work out that way...my mentality has not changed and that is because I love to fight and I love the fans...but as I improve I will continue to become more well rounded so I can fight anywhere and keep the same pace and excitement...that is my ultimate goal...to make my fights as exciting as I can, for all you guys who take the time and money to watch...but above all I will be working on my take-down defense and make them pay every time they try. Much love and respect to all. ;)

-BS
Link

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Jesus... am i the only one that felt half way through like stfu Saunders.... he just repeated himself in that post like 10x with different wording. Anyway good luck to you man and im sure youl make it back.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Agree with the move, he has serious holes in his game he needs to fill out before he can contend or even out on exciting fights.

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
After his recent performances i can't really say i am that surprised. But, seems like he took it well. And plus, they didn't close the door on him, so...
Improve and get back.
Best of luck to him.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He took the Fitch fight on like 4 hours notice. He's not a title contender but he's a fun fighter to watch, he has skills (awesome clinch) and I think he should have been given another fight before being cut.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I felt that he was rushed into the big time. He was in no way ready for Fitch. Fighting Fitch was basically a fight to see who will be the number 1 contender and NO ONE thought he was ready for that.

He did the UFC a favor taking that fight on short notice then gets reamed for doing it.

He very generously thanked the UFC for the opportunity, but Dana and Joe shoved a well pipe up his ass and called it his chance. I am very disappointed.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Jesus... am i the only one that felt half way through like stfu Saunders.... he just repeated himself in that post like 10x with different wording. Anyway good luck to you man and im sure youl make it back.
No you aren't the only one.

If that quote is verbatim, then he needs to work on punctuation at least as much as his wrestling and TDD. That is one ugly wall of text.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
He did the UFC a favor taking that fight on short notice then gets reamed for doing it.

He very generously thanked the UFC for the opportunity, but Dana and Joe shoved a well pipe up his ass and called it his chance. I am very disappointed.
Yeah, that is weird. Usually the UFC rewards guys for taking fights on short notice by basically disregarding the loss (if they lose). Surprised they didn't give him one more fight.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
No you aren't the only one.

If that quote is verbatim, then he needs to work on punctuation at least as much as his wrestling and TDD. That is one ugly wall of text.
yah, it was one of the ugliest walls i have seen yet. If it was an intellectual post i wouldn't even mind the horrible grammar. As i was reading it, i felt like i was able to guess whats lying ahead, because he wrote such a cliche post that kept just repeating itself.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Hell yeah... cut Ben Saunders and keep Phil Baroni....

Good one Dana.

·
All Around Nice Guy
10,760 Posts
Hell yeah... cut Ben Saunders and keep Phil Baroni....

Good one Dana.
I hope this is a joke... :thumbsdown:

You must be forgetting that.....................

Baroni is the best EVAAAAA!!!!

Vitor has nothing on that hand speed Son.!

*Is that video working?? on my screen its showing up as WHITE but i know im doing it right..* Respond ASAP :D

Since everyone is also seeing white... Here is the Link to complete my post lol

http://www.youtube.com/v/dhTTwzmQl6M?fs=1&hl=en_US

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
I hope this is a joke... :thumbsdown:

You must be forgetting that.....................

Baroni is the best EVAAAAA!!!!

Vitor has nothing on that hand speed Son.!

*Is that video working?? on my screen its showing up as WHITE but i know im doing it right..* Respond ASAP :D

I know, I know.... it's just that I'm not trying to see GSP get mauled by the NYBA so I've been posting propaganda against him all day...

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
No worries, he doesn´t strike me as a good mma fighter anyway, certainly not UFC material.

·
Forum "Superhero"
1,487 Posts
I felt that he was rushed into the big time. He was in no way ready for Fitch. Fighting Fitch was basically a fight to see who will be the number 1 contender and NO ONE thought he was ready for that.

i dont think so fitch is a top fighter and he got tooled against him. they did let the fight slide. he just fought a relative unknown in dennis hallman and got tooled again on the ground. thats why he was told to work on his tdd.

ben saunders isn't a bad fighter. he just suffers from the fact that the ww div. is so deep good fighters end up looking bad. you can tell because guys are starting to run away from the div. (swick,sanchez might go back to lw,johnson)

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
i dont think so fitch is a top fighter and he got tooled against him. they did let the fight slide. he just fought a relative unknown in dennis hallman and got tooled again on the ground. thats why he was told to work on his tdd.

ben saunders isn't a bad fighter. he just suffers from the fact that the ww div. is so deep good fighters end up looking bad. you can tell because guys are starting to run away from the div. (swick,sanchez might go back to lw,johnson)
Swick isn´t running, he´s had a very troubled feeding disorder due to medical error.

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/8/11/1617622/mike-swick-video-blog-medical

p.s. Youtube embedding not working?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts