Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
the Franca one was good cuz he was getting owned, then just kinda snapped at the end and won lol. I actually didnt have a favorite match of the night, thought they were all a bit lackluster

·
Registered
808 Posts
I didn't have a favorite either, I can't believe Babalu didn't last any longer, I expected Griffin to end the fight after seeing the first couple minutes of Bonnar. Kongo, in my opinion of course, looks like he has a lot of potential. Might just have a good chance of being in with the top guys. Nick Diaz won, but I wasn't impressed with him.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I thougth this was a very good ppv. thought the Franca fight was definately a od fight. He is a submission guy so I was impressed with his patience and I knew the guy would gas. Hermes fought a great fight and he deserved the win. He is an impressive fighter and I was glad to see him again. I thougth the main event was also very good even though some people made themselves look silly by not only predicting a win for babaluuu but calling other people names because they disagreeed.
The griffin/Bonner fight did not end as expected but it was eciting and I would love to see these guys fight 5 rounds. Griffin desered the win though. Diaz looked a little soft tonight. he definately did not throw with the same power he used to knock Lawler' lights out.
All in all I thoguth it was a very good ppv and just what they needed to keep people interested

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Nick Diaz vs Neer was my fav fight of the night but my fav moment of the night was Babalu curled up in a ball

·
Registered
13 Posts
I liked the Kongo fight cause he landed a viciouis knee plus he's a powerful fighter and I liked the Diaz fight also because I've never seen someone get sumbitted by a kimura so that was interesting to see.

·
Registered
669 Posts
You've never seen someone get submited by a kimura? lol

you must not watch alot of MMA.

I think its funny how everyone said this was chuck liddells toughest opponent so far, even though Couture beat him once, and put up a damn good fight for being over the age of 40. I still think Couture could have a better chance against alot of these fighters.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Spit206Fire said:

I think its funny how everyone said this was chuck liddells toughest opponent so far, even though Couture beat him once, and put up a damn good fight for being over the age of 40. I still think Couture could have a better chance against alot of these fighters.
i think you're right, but Randys smart enough to stay retired......well.....for now at least lol

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Spit206Fire said:

hahah once again you just spit out random shit ... who is this post to ?

·
Registered
669 Posts
why don't you learn how to read and then you might find out.

KTwizzel
Junior

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 233.97

I liked the Kongo fight cause he landed a viciouis knee plus he's a powerful fighter and I liked the Diaz fight also because I've never seen someone get sumbitted by a kimura so that was interesting to see.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spit206Fire said:
why don't you learn how to read and then you might find out.

KTwizzel
Junior

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 233.97

lol you beat me to it...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Srry i thought that was a dumb comment towards me, yes i should learn how to read abit better huh :thumbsup:

I think besides TITO ORTIZ the only other fighter who would stand a chance against Chuck at 205lb would be if Rich went up tp his natural weight and stepped up to the iceman, now that would be a good fight , Chuck obviously has KO power on him , but Rich is more well rounded , has quicker strikes sets things up and is in great condition , he definately has a chance against Chuck

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought Diaz looked excellent last night. Some unorthodox but VERY accurate striking confused the opponent and the kimura finish was sweet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts