Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forest griffin

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just want to here everyones thoughts. it was a tough choice for me between rashad and bisping. But bisping cleary proved he is a well rounded and dominant fighter

·
Registered
112 Posts
UFCFAN33 said:
Just want to here everyones thoughts

Rashad makes all the TUF guys look average...Hell look what he had to do....There was no resting....He fought 3 fights in a row....Only Diego Sanchez has done the same.

So i say both Diego and Rashad are far superior to the rest. I'm sure people will hate once again...But Bonnar, Griffin and Bisping didn't have to fight for back to back weeks, and if they would have had too....They probably would have lost.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea rashad is deff better than avg. He has some awesome slams and wrestling. His strike are good and like someone esle said in another thread he needs to work on his stamina. but he is one of my favs even though i didnt vote for him

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I think we already had this poll once.

Bisping is the only fighter to really dominate all of his opponents. I think it's true that Rashad had the hardest time, but he hasn't been as successful as he probably should have been. He should be getting round 1 TKOs at lightheavyweight, but instead he goes to a decision with stephen bonnar.

I think Bisping will have the most success, if his fighting continues to improve.

·
Registered
112 Posts
IronMan said:

Bisping is the only fighter to really dominate all of his opponents. I think it's true that Rashad had the hardest time, but he hasn't been as successful as he probably should have been. He should be getting round 1 TKOs at lightheavyweight, but instead he goes to a decision with stephen bonnar.

I think Bisping will have the most success, if his fighting continues to improve.
Bisping didn't have any comp.....Rashad had Jardine, Whithead and Imes...and the guy whipped them all in a row...He didn't whine and complain like Bisping and the other fighters from the last Ultimate fighter....He got the job done and noone came close to beating him....

If he meets Bisping..He's gonna dominate him as well....Rashad is a more well rounded version of Matt..with freakish strength.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I have yet to see Rashad finish a fight in the UFC, so he hasn't had any success. Guys that are good win fights. The guys that are great can finish them. Rashad's not memorable and won't get a title shot because he can't make a name for himself. The guys who hold titles (Gracie, Couture, Liddell, Franklin, Hughes) can all finish fights and that's what we remember them for. Really, when was the last time you heard someone say "you remember that decision? yeah, that was a great fight."

Bisping can finish his opponents from anywhere. He can KO guys and he can submit guys. He hasn't really made his UFC debut yet, but he'll be alot better than Rashad.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Again I'm going to have to go with either Sanchez or Griffin only because they've proven themselves the most. Bisping definitely looked like the best out of all the guys on all the seasons during the show. And even though he has yet to prove himself beyond that, I think he has the potential to be the best TUF guy so far.

And to the person who said Rashad had competition and Bisping did not, there's a reason. None of the season two fighters were very good, and Bisping was way better than his TUF3 counterparts. If he was just about as good as them then he would have had competition too.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Skill wise Diego Sanchez but in the end Forrest will have better accomplishments in the UFC imo

·
Registered
43 Posts
Forrest Griffin guys...

Right now Bisping and Diego are the best fighters but Griffin has better accomplishments and in the long run will have the better career.
Bisping hasn't even had his first fight in the UFC yet besides the TUF 3 finale. Griffin has beat some tough opponents. Jeff Monson, Elvis Siniosic, etc.. Some of the decisions he's lost were controversial. When he fought Dan Severn that was controversial decision. When he fought Tito Ortiz, that was a controversial decision. in my opinion, Griffin has fought the toughest opponents out of all of them, and fared really well against them. Diego has beat some tough guys, but he still has more to prove. Griffin proved he can hang with the big boys. As for Evans, well, he needs to become more of a Mixed Martial artist. Rashad has done nothing but win judges points by making it a wrestling match. The judges are mediocre and he just gets slams and just wrestles with his opponents the entire match. If he wrestled with Matt Hammill, Hammer would beat him. Rashad is an excellent wrestler but he needs to become a mixed martial artist. Forrest needs to improve on his strength. He needs to start bulking a little and become stronger. He also needs to become more of a smarter, pin-point striker rather than a brawler. He is very tough, really-well conditioned and has a huge heart. Diego has great submissions and is a good wrestler but needs to improve striking and face tougher opponents. Mike Bisping needs to fight someone:p
Btw, why aren't Mike Swick, Kenny Florian, or Chris Leben on this list? I know none of them won, but Leben almost had a title match and Florian and Swick are close to title matches.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Island said:
Right now Bisping and Diego are the best fighters but Griffin has better accomplishments and in the long run will have the better career.
Bisping hasn't even had his first fight in the UFC yet besides the TUF 3 finale. Griffin has beat some tough opponents. Jeff Monson, Elvis Siniosic, etc.. Some of the decisions he's lost were controversial. When he fought Dan Severn that was controversial decision. When he fought Tito Ortiz, that was a controversial decision. in my opinion, Griffin has fought the toughest opponents out of all of them, and fared really well against them. Diego has beat some tough guys, but he still has more to prove. Griffin proved he can hang with the big boys. As for Evans, well, he needs to become more of a Mixed Martial artist. Rashad has done nothing but win judges points by making it a wrestling match. The judges are mediocre and he just gets slams and just wrestles with his opponents the entire match. If he wrestled with Matt Hammill, Hammer would beat him. Rashad is an excellent wrestler but he needs to become a mixed martial artist. Forrest needs to improve on his strength. He needs to start bulking a little and become stronger. He also needs to become more of a smarter, pin-point striker rather than a brawler. He is very tough, really-well conditioned and has a huge heart. Diego has great submissions and is a good wrestler but needs to improve striking and face tougher opponents. Mike Bisping needs to fight someone:p
Btw, why aren't Mike Swick, Kenny Florian, or Chris Leben on this list? I know none of them won, but Leben almost had a title match and Florian and Swick are close to title matches.
Island... Are you by chance from Long Island?????

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm gonna say either of these three:

- Rashad Evans ( Rashad is an extremely strong fighter, and have you see this guys slams, i say wow. When he went up against that Brad Imes or whatever his name is, there was a major size difference and still won.

- Michael 'The Count' Bisping ( very well rounded fighter, excellent striking ability with nice leg kicks, and has a very good ground game.)

- Diego Sanchez ( This would be my overall pick, Diego is also very strong and when it hits the ground he has excellent menouverability, he can ground and pound or go for the submission. And if he can't get you down he can be an ok striker.) I see him getting a title shot in the next year or so.

·
Registered
178 Posts
IronMan said:

Totally agree there. Bisping is the real deal and I htink over time we'll see him as a real contender at 205.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Diego and Bisping

As for Rashad, i honestly dont really see him as being that good. Yes he has potential and he could be a good fighter but now i dont really see it. He is basically just a wrestler. I wouldnt really call him a good striker because he can't really finish a fight from what i've seen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bipsing will go furthest. Future 205 champion.

First fight is going to be on the September Ultimate Fight Night, his opponent is not yet confirmed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts