Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's kind of hard to have disappointing fights in Pride because of the yellow cards. Imagine if the UFC had yellow cards, that Sylvia vs Arlovski fight would have been different IMO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,069 Posts
why doesnt anybody talk about shogun vs antonio rogerio nogueira as one of the top fights , it was a crazy fight..its one of my favs all time..AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW IT?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
My top 10 Pride fights off the top of my head in and in no particular order are...

- Wanderlei Silva vs Yuki Kondo
- Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage 1 & 2
- Wanderlei Silva vs Mark Hunt
- Wanderlei Silva vs Ricardo Arona II
- Wanderlei Silva vs MirkoCroCop
- Fedor Emelianenko vs Mirko CroCop
- Alex Emelianenko vs Mirko CroCop
- Kevin Randleman vs Mirko CroCop 1
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Mauricio Shogun Rua
- Ken Shamrock vs Don Frye / Royce Gracie vs Sakuraba
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
yea i was just going to say there are 3 more figts i would like to add to my list, Gomi vs Pulver, Gomi vs Azeredo 1, and Gomi vs Sakurai !
Gomi fights are always action packed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
I would have to go with either....

Pride 26 Kazuyuki Fujita ROCKS Fedor with a solid blow that leaves him dancing...then lands a few more all while Fedor is trying to find and move his feet. He wisely and barely gets to tie up. and is able to recover then take the victory via NASTY rear naked choke...in deep!! Stands in victory with his eye all bloody! It was a great battle...short but one of my favs.

OR Kevin Randleman and Fedor....TEXTBOOK ARMBAR!!!! I love a great armbar finish :D

OR either of the times Shamrock beat Bas Rutten. I heard him say prior to his first fight with him..."I know Ken is good at leg locks so we trained how to escape and how to avoid...." Then before their next fight saying "he caught me last time...but this time will be different I know what hes got" And yet SHAMROCK GOT YA :p
But those are Pancrase and not Pride I know.... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
I know that....I edited my post to add that way b4 you said that :D I still love a good submission victory. And I was only piggybacking the previous posts about those fights...adding my 2 cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
moldy said:
I'd say randleman fedor has to be up there because of that crazy slam.
The slam was nice....but he completly gassed out from it. After the slam all he did was hold Fedor and eat 5-6 blows to the side of his head. Then could barely do anything more while he got the Kamura defeat. Then before he stood up he was breathing way too heavily.....IT was a forking awsome suplex though!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Easye1982 said:
I would have to go with either....

Pride 26 Kazuyuki Fujita ROCKS Fedor with a solid blow that leaves him dancing...then lands a few more all while Fedor is trying to find and move his feet. He wisely and barely gets to tie up. and is able to recover then take the victory via NASTY rear naked choke...in deep!! Stands in victory with his eye all bloody! It was a great battle...short but one of my favs.

OR Kevin Randleman and Fedor....TEXTBOOK ARMBAR!!!! I love a great armbar finish :D

OR either of the times Shamrock beat Bas Rutten. I heard him say prior to his first fight with him..."I know Ken is good at leg locks so we trained how to escape and how to avoid...." Then before their next fight saying "he caught me last time...but this time will be different I know what hes got" And yet SHAMROCK GOT YA :p
But those are Pancrase and not Pride I know.... :D
That was a Kimura not an armbar, textbook non the less. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Kameleon said:
That was a Kimura not an armbar, textbook non the less. :D

LMAO dont I feel like an a$$:dunno: ...that fight was a kimura. Your right!

>.<

My mistake was in the name.... I ment to say Fedor and Mark Colman. He took a few punches and then trap/spin/lean :D ARMBAR!!

I <3 ARMBARS!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,593 Posts
Well, to get back no topic with the thread title...

I'd have to say one of, if not my favorite PrideFC match in recent history was:

Wanderlei Silva
vs.
Mark Hunt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Easye1982 said:
LMAO dont I feel like an a$$:dunno: ...that fight was a kimura. Your right!

>.<

My mistake was in the name.... I ment to say Fedor and Mark Colman. He took a few punches and then trap/spin/lean :D ARMBAR!!

I <3 ARMBARS!!!!
Yeah that is a textbook armbar!
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top