Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which fight do you think is the best?

I like Fedor vs CroCop, that fight went the distance and was a very good match-up.

Discuss.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It was a good fight, agreed. Although I thought it would have been a longer fight, I liked the Vitor Belfort and Silva fight back in the day. Maybe b/c I'm a huge Belfort fan but, lmao.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's kind of hard to have disappointing fights in Pride because of the yellow cards. Imagine if the UFC had yellow cards, that Sylvia vs Arlovski fight would have been different IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
why doesnt anybody talk about shogun vs antonio rogerio nogueira as one of the top fights , it was a crazy fight..its one of my favs all time..AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW IT?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Shamrock vs Frye was great.

The Fedor vs Mirko fight is number one for me though.........Just the feel of seeing these two titans go at is was nerve recking. The fact that I like both didn't help ethier.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
My top 10 Pride fights off the top of my head in and in no particular order are...

- Wanderlei Silva vs Yuki Kondo
- Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage 1 & 2
- Wanderlei Silva vs Mark Hunt
- Wanderlei Silva vs Ricardo Arona II
- Wanderlei Silva vs MirkoCroCop
- Fedor Emelianenko vs Mirko CroCop
- Alex Emelianenko vs Mirko CroCop
- Kevin Randleman vs Mirko CroCop 1
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Mauricio Shogun Rua
- Ken Shamrock vs Don Frye / Royce Gracie vs Sakuraba

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
forsure man. Royce was unbeatable at the time , so was Sakuraba , it was almost like a dream fight for old school fans, it was awesome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
yea i was just going to say there are 3 more figts i would like to add to my list, Gomi vs Pulver, Gomi vs Azeredo 1, and Gomi vs Sakurai !
Gomi fights are always action packed!

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
shamrock vs fujita was a good fight too..shamrock looked real good in that fight, best ive ever seen him

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
He outclassed El Guapo Bas Rutten bigtime in Pancrase in the kneebar fight, that was a nice one not a Pride fight but still,Goin after MMA freaks post

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would have to go with either....

Pride 26 Kazuyuki Fujita ROCKS Fedor with a solid blow that leaves him dancing...then lands a few more all while Fedor is trying to find and move his feet. He wisely and barely gets to tie up. and is able to recover then take the victory via NASTY rear naked choke...in deep!! Stands in victory with his eye all bloody! It was a great battle...short but one of my favs.

OR Kevin Randleman and Fedor....TEXTBOOK ARMBAR!!!! I love a great armbar finish :D

OR either of the times Shamrock beat Bas Rutten. I heard him say prior to his first fight with him..."I know Ken is good at leg locks so we trained how to escape and how to avoid...." Then before their next fight saying "he caught me last time...but this time will be different I know what hes got" And yet SHAMROCK GOT YA :p
But those are Pancrase and not Pride I know.... :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
I know that....I edited my post to add that way b4 you said that :D I still love a good submission victory. And I was only piggybacking the previous posts about those fights...adding my 2 cents

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
I'd say randleman fedor has to be up there because of that crazy slam. But the wand vs. rampage where amazing. Or the frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama. They just stood there and threw punches.

·
Registered
184 Posts
moldy said:
I'd say randleman fedor has to be up there because of that crazy slam.
The slam was nice....but he completly gassed out from it. After the slam all he did was hold Fedor and eat 5-6 blows to the side of his head. Then could barely do anything more while he got the Kamura defeat. Then before he stood up he was breathing way too heavily.....IT was a forking awsome suplex though!!!

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Easye1982 said:
I would have to go with either....

Pride 26 Kazuyuki Fujita ROCKS Fedor with a solid blow that leaves him dancing...then lands a few more all while Fedor is trying to find and move his feet. He wisely and barely gets to tie up. and is able to recover then take the victory via NASTY rear naked choke...in deep!! Stands in victory with his eye all bloody! It was a great battle...short but one of my favs.

OR Kevin Randleman and Fedor....TEXTBOOK ARMBAR!!!! I love a great armbar finish :D

OR either of the times Shamrock beat Bas Rutten. I heard him say prior to his first fight with him..."I know Ken is good at leg locks so we trained how to escape and how to avoid...." Then before their next fight saying "he caught me last time...but this time will be different I know what hes got" And yet SHAMROCK GOT YA :p
But those are Pancrase and not Pride I know.... :D
That was a Kimura not an armbar, textbook non the less. :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Kameleon said:
That was a Kimura not an armbar, textbook non the less. :D

LMAO dont I feel like an a$$:dunno: ...that fight was a kimura. Your right!

>.<

My mistake was in the name.... I ment to say Fedor and Mark Colman. He took a few punches and then trap/spin/lean :D ARMBAR!!

I <3 ARMBARS!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Well, to get back no topic with the thread title...

I'd have to say one of, if not my favorite PrideFC match in recent history was:

Wanderlei Silva
vs.
Mark Hunt

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Easye1982 said:
LMAO dont I feel like an a$$:dunno: ...that fight was a kimura. Your right!

>.<

My mistake was in the name.... I ment to say Fedor and Mark Colman. He took a few punches and then trap/spin/lean :D ARMBAR!!

I <3 ARMBARS!!!!
Yeah that is a textbook armbar!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts