Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got off the phone with a buddy that I introduced to mma years ago and it reminded me of when he watched his first fight at my house. it was one of the two Matt Lindland/ Phil Baroni fights and frankly I was a little embarrassed by Matt's striking. I made the comment that Matt Lindland hits like a girl. That's when My buddy, with his eyes glued to the fight and his body contorting in his seat like chuck liddel does when he's watching a fight, says - " yeah, if that other guy doesn't do something he's gonna girl punch him to death".

I know somebody has a better one let's hear it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The first MMA I ever saw was a replay of UFC 1. I'm not really sure when UFC was but the replay I saw was sometime in the early to mid 90's. This was from the dude who looked unstoppable:
“I am impervious to all pain!” – Pat Smith, UFC 1, right before tapping out to a Shamrock heel hook.

And though this is not a first-timer quote.. it's damn funny:

“I fight because I can’t sing, I can’t dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn’t sound so [email protected] stupid.” – Phil Baroni

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Some favorites of mine.

My 400+ pound brother in law talking about he could have fought in the UFC if he was younger. This coming for a guy that has to have his wife tie his shoes and gets winded walking to the kitchen.

Recently I had a friend over while I was watching Rampage marathon of PRIDE fights. During the Shogun fight he says "These guys are good but sloppy as hell, Chuck Liddell would KO both of these fools."

·
Resident Drunk
3,716 Posts
Some favorites of mine.

My 400+ pound brother in law talking about he could have fought in the UFC if he was younger. This coming for a guy that has to have his wife tie his shoes and gets winded walking to the kitchen.

Recently I had a friend over while I was watching Rampage marathon of PRIDE fights. During the Shogun fight he says "These guys are good but sloppy as hell, Chuck Liddell would KO both of these fools."
haha that last one made me laugh! Too bad i don't remember any quotes of noobs to mma, but a lot of my friends just felt the first time they saw mma they thought it was gay.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
i remember watching UFC 95 i think it was and after one of the fights, possibly the Hardy fight my brother who isn't much of a MMA fan said "that's all very impressive but both of those would get schooled by Eddie Gordo!" I thought it was funny!!

·
Earthquake Survivor
1,936 Posts
I had a friend over when i was watching WEC, i don't remember the number but it's the one where Jose Aldo gave Swanson a third eye in like 10 seconds.

he went like, "Whoa he's insane!! But wait, is that it? That really must suck if you are a Jose Aldo fan and waited all these months to watch him fight"

and i reply.

"Yeah but i imagine if i was a Cub Swanson fan"

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
'Tank Abott was the best years ago. Wasn't he unbeaten for a while?'

'Tito has beaten Chuck I remember watching it!'

Good stuff.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
"These guys are good, but have you seen that Kimbo dude on youtube?" A friend of mine watching ultimate knockouts 6 with me. I had no response.

·
Registered
669 Posts
"I don't understand how UFC can get on tv?! Don't people like die from fighting?" My dumbass mate. Face palms were assured.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
"Oh my God! That ankle is F8CKED UP!!"

- My husband, seeing the CC/Gonzaga KO.
Ouch

Don´t wanna remember that EVER!

:fight03:

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Some favorites of mine.

wow, that sounded exactly like how this forum use to sound before the UFC bought PrideFC...

·
Banned
689 Posts
"do you train UFC"

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
Jose Aldo gave Swanson a third eye in like 10 seconds.

he went like, "Whoa he's insane!! But wait, is that it? That really must suck if you are a Jose Aldo fan and waited all these months to watch him fight"
LOL so true

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
does your username has anything to do with Methylenedioxymethamphetamine?
lol

Nope, don´t recomend that stuff, will fry your brain... :bye02:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Best one i heard was not while watching UFC but my my girlfriends brother who said "I have a friend who trains UFC" I was like 'facepalm' its MMA!

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
My mate (who has been watching the UFC for a good 3 years) Says to someone on facebook in an argument about boxing - "why don't you watch a real sport like UFC".

Its MMA dude, MMA.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
One of my brothers friends was over when i was watching the UFC, it was only this year, and my brother and his friends no nothing about MMA. I cant remember exactly how it started but one of his friends was trying convince my that the sport is 'ultimate fighting', i was like "no its Mixed Martial Arts, MMA" and he was like "no its not its definitely Ultimate fighting ive been watching this since i was kid"ect. and was seriously convincing everyone that he was right, and everyone started to beleive him over me, I was like WTF lol. It wasnt till Joe Rogan actually started to mention MMA that they finally beleived me lol

·
Premium Member
4,377 Posts
-Hey, have you ever heard of this guy called Fedor? He's ******* undefeated in fighting without any rules! Awesome!
-Without any rules.. Yea, I guess they nut-punch each other till the other taps, while pulling their hair..
-Well.. LMAO, ofcourse they can do that, but they just don't because of this unwritten man rule.

Useless to continue the conversation..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts