Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wouldhave to say liddel and arloski and franklinare 3 of my standup brawlers..any other thoughts?

·
Always Has Been, Always Will Be...
6,847 Posts
I agree. IMO Chuck Liddell is the best stand up fighter in the league. But, that's IMO. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't like liddel

I'll say Liddel is a very good brawler, maybe the best. Excellent chin and heavy hands. But he's no ultimate fighter in my book. I have seldom seen him on the ground. Is he really that good at avoiding the take downs or do they just give Liddel stand up fighters so as to keep his name
Have any of you seen him on the ground much?

·
Always Has Been, Always Will Be...
6,847 Posts
No. He is good at avoiding takedowns. Couture tried to take him down in they're last fight. He avoided. It's not that they don't give him grapplers, he just avoids it like the plague. And this thread isn't about ultimate fighters, it's about stand-up fighters. I never claimed he was the ultimate fighter. Besides, we all know that's Matt Hughes. :D

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Wanderlie or cro cop have to be up their as the best stand up fighter's but if your talking just stand up then ernesto hoost or peter arts. Maybe even dewey cooper.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
The Don said:
I wonder what he is doing now... Things that make you go HMMMMM
drinking beer hanging out with the pagans! lol
I would say lidell is the best sprawl and brawl fighter. i guess he gets the sprawl from his great wrestling abilities

·
Registered
80 Posts
moldy said:
Wanderlie or cro cop have to be up their as the best stand up fighter's but if your talking just stand up then ernesto hoost or peter arts. Maybe even dewey cooper.
I have to say I love to watch Ernesto Hoost fight.I'll never forget when he lost to Sapp but Sapp's hand was broke so Hoost held position and came out with the win.And we all know Crocop is good.Sad to see him leave the fight scene.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
I think that Liddel and Arlovski have both proved that they can brawl, as has Tank.

I only have one other thing to say about arlovski. He competes as a heavyweight and gives up alot of reach to guys like Tim Sylvia, so he has to have a good grappling game to, but just watching him knock out cabbage was fantastic, because I saw the Maniac struggle with that jaw.

Yeah, basically Liddel and Arlovski are my 2 UFC favorites, Franklin runs 3rd, but he's good all around too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts