Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you guys think the best wrestler is in the UFC. Three names come to my mind right away. Matt Hughes, Matt Hamil, and Rashard Evans. What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hmm.....In my opinion it has to be between Matt Hamill and Sean Sherk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
rmazzuca said:
Who do you guys think the best wrestler is in the UFC. Three names come to my mind right away. Matt Hughes, Matt Hamil, and Rashard Evans. What do you guys think ?
I saw a vid of Tito and Matt and Tito won the match .. pinned him for the win.... was awsome to see those two go at it ....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Alex_DeLarge said:
Hughes, Sherk, Evans, Koscheck are probably the best.

Id have to agree with you on this one. All great wrestlers and for the record Matt Hamills wrestling isnt even that great...well atleast his MMA isnt.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
I'd say best wrestler has to go to Koscheck. He is a 4-time NCAA all-american. Nobody has a more impressive wrestling resume than that. Tito, Hughes, and Sherk all utilize their wrestling abilities on a much higher level though. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Jeff Monson is also an exceptional wrestler. Can't count him out either.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I would probably go with Sean Sherk or Matt Hughes.Matt has used his awsome wrestling to dominate the welterweight division. On the other hand the naturally smaller Sherk went 5 rounds with Matt... Tito comes in third imo

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
MMA1990 said:
Id have to agree with you on this one. All great wrestlers and for the record Matt Hamills wrestling isnt even that great...well atleast his MMA isnt.
Hamill was a three-time NCAA Wrestling Division III National Champion :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Koscheck and its not really close, Hughes was a two time all american, Koscheck four time, Hughes = zero national titles, KOS has one national title and was 41-0 his junior year, would have won it again senior year but was hampered by injuries.Kos would maul Sherk in a wrestling match so i wouldnt say him, Randy was great but retired, so I gotta go with Kos in a landslide...Rashads credentials arent close to Kos's, and with all do respect to matt hammil winning a gold medal in the deaf olympics or whateva isnt the same as winning a NCAA national title

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.