Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Which has better rules Pride or UFC

  • Pride

    Votes: 19 55.9%
  • UFC

    Votes: 15 44.1%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,806 Posts
Pride for sure. Although elbows are nice for ground and pound, but I'd throw em out for soccer kicks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
i dont know its a toss up for me, i like the stomps and soccer kicks, but no elbows on the ground is kinda gay... for that i vote UFC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Punishment 101 said:
i dont know its a toss up for me, i like the stomps and soccer kicks, but no elbows on the ground is kinda gay... for that i vote UFC
Elbow are gay cuz ref stop fight for the cut.. In pride they want fighter to beat the crap out of each other and the best guy win period
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
723 Posts
Elbows are a martial arts technique while soccer kicks and stomping a guy's head are not. There is no skill there at all and it looks like something you will see in a bar fight.


Pogo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
If there was no skill involved with soccer kicks and stomps then why don't they happen more often? And why is it that good fighters hardly ever run into trouble against them?

I voted for Pride rules. I like soccer kicks and stomps and I hate elbowing to the face (only because they cause cuts, if they didn't then I'd be all for them).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
Crocopride said:
Elbow are gay cuz ref stop fight for the cut.. In pride they want fighter to beat the crap out of each other and the best guy win period

elbows are not gay man, if i take some guy down , i would much rather feed him a flurry of elbows then punches , first of alll alot more damage will be done , 2nd of all i dont risk breaking my hand on some dudes head, elbows are good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Heggi

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
Pride rules are awesome. Love the ten minute first round. I actually really like how there is no elbows either cause all they really do is cut ppl open and I would rather see the best fighter win not the most cut guy lose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Cutting is part of strategy and a elbows are a MAJOR part of traditional Muay Thai. Not to mention with elbows you do damage from the guard. Not many people, some, but not many, can do good damage from the guard with just fists. Elbows are awesome and UFC still allows knees to the body of a downed opponent.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
167 Posts
Punishment 101 said:
elbows are not gay man, if i take some guy down , i would much rather feed him a flurry of elbows then punches , first of alll alot more damage will be done , 2nd of all i dont risk breaking my hand on some dudes head, elbows are good.
i totally agree with you :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,422 Posts
FloorNBore said:
Cutting is part of strategy and a elbows are a MAJOR part of traditional Muay Thai. Not to mention with elbows you do damage from the guard. Not many people, some, but not many, can do good damage from the guard with just fists. Elbows are awesome and UFC still allows knees to the body of a downed opponent.
I know I just still hate seeing fights ended because of cuts. Not a big fan of a fighter bleeding the entire match without the fight getting stopped, like the Dewees TUF fight, or even the last sherk vs Florian fight. Sherk dominated that fight but they had to be thinking of stopping it and that would have sucked cause there is no way florian was gonna beet him any other way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,806 Posts
steveo412 said:
I know I just still hate seeing fights ended because of cuts. Not a big fan of a fighter bleeding the entire match without the fight getting stopped, like the Dewees TUF fight, or even the last sherk vs Florian fight. Sherk dominated that fight but they had to be thinking of stopping it and that would have sucked cause there is no way florian was gonna beet him any other way.
Agreed. Kenflo's only chance of winning would've been a cut, and thats fricken cheap. Its the rules tho, and If I was fighting a beast like sherk stoppage due to a cut would be a nice win. Well the only way to win......
 

·
Free Thinker
Joined
·
5,673 Posts
steveo412 said:
I know I just still hate seeing fights ended because of cuts. Not a big fan of a fighter bleeding the entire match without the fight getting stopped, like the Dewees TUF fight, or even the last sherk vs Florian fight. Sherk dominated that fight but they had to be thinking of stopping it and that would have sucked cause there is no way florian was gonna beet him any other way.
i think that if a fighter's blood is getting in the other's eyes, then it should be stopped, otherwise, if the docs allow it...

but in that dewees fight, his blood was pouring onto his opponents face! and a few times you could hear the guy yell from all the blood falling into his eyes...:thumbsdown:
 

·
True Grappler
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
Elbows are a martial arts technique while soccer kicks and stomping a guy's head are not. There is no skill there at all and it looks like something you will see in a bar fight.
Pogo, I don't know what you're thinking by posting something as ignorant of the martial arts as this.

Soccor kicks are a technique practiced in many forms of karate as well as being loosely used in some muay thai schools.

I don't know what bars you go to, but I have never seen someone get soccer kicked, and it actually requires way more skill to land a soccer kick on a well trained opponent then it does to cut him with an elbow. You are obviously not a fighter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,806 Posts
pt447 said:
i think that if a fighter's blood is getting in the other's eyes, then it should be stopped, otherwise, if the docs allow it...

but in that dewees fight, his blood was pouring onto his opponents face! and a few times you could hear the guy yell from all the blood falling into his eyes...:thumbsdown:
Yeah no doubt, dewees's head was a faucet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,806 Posts
IronMan said:
Pogo, I don't know what you're thinking by posting something as ignorant of the martial arts as this.

Soccor kicks are a technique practiced in many forms of karate as well as being loosely used in some muay thai schools.

I don't know what bars you go to, but I have never seen someone get soccer kicked, and it actually requires way more skill to land a soccer kick on a well trained opponent then it does to cut him with an elbow. You are obviously not a fighter.
Yeah I was gonna say how aren't soccer kicks a part of mma? As far as I know Leg strikes are a huge part of mma....:D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
723 Posts
IronMan said:
Pogo, I don't know what you're thinking by posting something as ignorant of the martial arts as this.

Soccor kicks are a technique practiced in many forms of karate as well as being loosely used in some muay thai schools.

I don't know what bars you go to, but I have never seen someone get soccer kicked, and it actually requires way more skill to land a soccer kick on a well trained opponent then it does to cut him with an elbow. You are obviously not a fighter.

I should have said martial arts competition. Headbutting and small joint manipulation are also practiced in various forms of the martial arts but they are illegal to use in competition and MMA.

And I was refering more to the stomping of someones head part as something you are more likely to see in a bar fight.


Pogo
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top