Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think a real betting section should be created on MMA Forum. Call it rbookie betting or something like that.It would be alot more fun if it was approached like a hockey or football pool. Make it payable via Visa or paypal and make it a UFC pool scenario. Instead of picking players and making teams and such, just deal with a whole fight card. Everyone would have to submit $10.00. People would pick winners for EVERY fight, the round it ends in, and method of defeat. Points would be awarded for each correct pick and the members with the 3 highest scores would win the pool.

What do ya think????? I wanna bet real$$$$$$

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think that would be cool, but who is gonna pay out the bets if people start winning. I know betting sites make money because most people lose and don't think a forum would be able to handle that type of system. Also having any kind of pool with money is actually illlegal, even if everybody seems to do it. But I do think the idea is good (pool), just not on a public forum.

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeahbuddy86 said:
I think that would be cool, but who is gonna pay out the bets if people start winning. I know betting sites make money because most people lose and don't think a forum would be able to handle that type of system. Also having any kind of pool with money is actually illlegal, even if everybody seems to do it. But I do think the idea is good (pool), just not on a public forum.
Paying out wouldn't be a problem since there are no actual bets. Everyone places the same amount of $$ in the pool and the winner takes the pool. I don't believe this is illegal in anyway since it is not gambling. It's the same thing as winning a door prize, everyone buys a ticket, the winner takes the pool. No odds, no bets

1 - 4 of 4 Posts