Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UFC heavyweight division while never deeper is slowly contracting to smaller nucleus. Randy Couture yielded late last year and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira bowed out in Australia at UFC 110. At UFC 111 Frank Mir was the latest heavyweight to exit stage "punched in the face" from title contention.

If there was any doubt before it is now completely gone: Shane Carwin, Brock Lesnar, Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos are the four best heavyweights in the UFC.

For fans clamoring for a Velasquez-dos Santos fight that match-up was never a realistic possibility as the fine folks at Zuffa know that their heavyweight division is now all about the big four (WKR really wants to call them the Four Horsemen--WOOOO!!!!). In that vein, Dana White confirmed that Cain Velasquez will get the winner of Lesnar-Carwin and if Roy Nelson is triumphant at Fight Night 21 then Junior dos Santos will fight "Big Country" (WKR believes that Cheick Kongo may be an alternative if Nelson loses to Stefan Struve).

Will UFC 111 go down as the page turn for the UFC's heavyweight division? Perhaps, but WKR believes that process began over a year ago. Instead, UFC 111 may be seen as the realization that the top tier of the heavyweight division is the "Four Horsemen".
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/3/30/1396338/the-ufc-116-hype-begins-building
ugh. dont really like the prospects for Roy.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Yeah i call TKO JDS 2nd round

·
Banned
689 Posts
not good for roy but it isn't a complete wipeout because i think that fat cuntry will be smart enough to get this to the ground as soon as possible

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was hoping jDS would fight Mir, but with Roy, you know he's gonna grapple so we'll get to see more of JDS' grappling ability. I see Roy getting past struve by belly choke in round 3 or UD.

:: pictures Roy's belly fat jiggling and rippling in slow-mo replay of vicuous KO ::

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
I was hoping jDS would fight Mir, but with Roy, you know he's gonna grapple so we'll get to see more of JDS' grappling ability. I see Roy getting past struve by belly choke in round 3 or UD.

:: pictures Roy's belly fat jiggling and rippling in slow-mo replay of vicuous KO ::

Yeah thats the only good to come from this fight, is the fact that it will most likely hit the ground before Roy gets KTFO

·
Registered
342 Posts
What a stupid match...JDS should be fighting cain velazquez for the next title shot...it's simple.
I agree. Apparently the marketing machine does not. We'll get to see it soon enough anyway. Just some MMA growing pains that we have to deal with, like Mike Goldberg.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
What? Nelson jumps Mir with a win over Struve??? lol this fight is retarded. JDS's line of opponents is funny; he keeps winning and keeps getting guys further down the ladder.

·
Registered
367 Posts
How does Mir deserve a shot at JDS? His interim title shot was already a joke, now he deserves a fight with JDS after getting crushed by Carwin? The only opponents who makes sense for JDS at this point are the other top guys in the division: Carwin, Lesnar, or Velasquez. Dana doesn't want to make any of those fights unless it's for a title, so why not Nelson?

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
How does Mir deserve a shot at JDS? His interim title shot was already a joke, now he deserves a fight with JDS after getting crushed by Carwin? The only opponents who makes sense for JDS at this point are the other top guys in the division: Carwin, Lesnar, or Velasquez. Dana doesn't want to make any of those fights unless it's for a title, so why not Nelson?
Mir doesn't deserve JDS imo either, and for it to be truly fair JDS doesn't deserve to go down the ladder and fight someone like Nelson...

If it weren't for Dana or building title fights, we SHOULD see a Cain vs JDS but thats not how it goes like u said....

Wow, I guess that's what happens if you piss of Dana, he sends you to the man who will 'make a good KO of you'.
I think its just a desperate act to keep JDS busy while he wastes our time waiting for a real challenge for JDS... But on the bright side, we will see how JDS handles a good ground artist

·
Registered
646 Posts
I think its just a desperate act to keep JDS busy while he wastes our time waiting for a real challenge for JDS... But on the bright side, we will see how JDS handles a good ground artist
I'm sure Dana wants JDS to keep fighting because he's a great addition to any card and I have no problems watching him....but IMO Roy isn't going to test his ground game, maybe his TDD and then get blasted. Maybe a quick TD and recovery like in the fight w/ GG. I dunno, Roy doesn't seem like a good litmus test for his ground game vs Cain/Carwin/Lesnar type of guys that he will be facing.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
I'm sure Dana wants JDS to keep fighting because he's a great addition to any card and I have no problems watching him....but IMO Roy isn't going to test his ground game, maybe his TDD and then get blasted. Maybe a quick TD and recovery like in the fight w/ GG. I dunno, Roy doesn't seem like a good litmus test for his ground game vs Cain/Carwin/Lesnar type of guys that he will be facing.
Yeah its hard to say that Roys ground game at keeping guys down is as good as GG's, and JDS got back up QUICK....

And i see your point, if JDS IS able to stuff the take downs, i dont see this fight going past the 1st round

·
Banned
689 Posts
i think people seem to think roy is just another tuf alumni, he's got some serious ground game and an all round game obviously his stand up is nothing compared to JDS but he has a VERY,VERY good chance on the ground and yeah so did gonzaga but roy doesn't try to be someone he is not

but you can tell dana wants him out of the ufc and the same with kimbo except they will milk him for as long as possible

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
but you can tell dana wants him out of the ufc and the same with kimbo except they will milk him for as long as possible
Dana wants Kimbo out of UFC??? YEAH.... Im sure he is sick of all those PPV buys...

And make EVERY episode on TUF about Kimbo fighting again because he just hates having all these high PPV numbers...

And giving him fighters with such good ground game, i totally see your point on how Dana just cant wait for Kimbo to leave and give someone else millions of viewers....

Saying that Dana doesn't want someone, that brings millions of PPV buys doesn't make to much sense.

And Dana wants the top fighters, and wouldn't promote someone like Roy Nelson on TUF, if he didn't want the guy...

·
Banned
689 Posts
Dana wants Kimbo out of UFC??? YEAH.... Im sure he is sick of all those PPV buys...

And make EVERY episode on TUF about Kimbo fighting again because he just hates having all these high PPV numbers...

And giving him fighters with such good ground game, i totally see your point on how Dana just cant wait for Kimbo to leave and give someone else millions of viewers....

Saying that Dana doesn't want someone, that brings millions of PPV buys doesn't make to much sense.

And Dana wants the top fighters, and wouldn't promote someone like Roy Nelson on TUF, if he didn't want the guy...
WOW no shit sherlock thats why i said they are gonna milk first DUMBASS DEEEERRRRRRRR kimbo isn't gonna bring in big bucks when he is 1-6 in the ufc or 2-6 if he beats matt DEEEEERRRRRRRRR

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
WOW no shit sherlock thats why i said they are gonna milk first DUMBASS DEEEERRRRRRRR kimbo isn't gonna bring in big bucks when he is 1-6 in the ufc or 2-6 if he beats matt DEEEEERRRRRRRRR

He isn't going to be 1 and 6 ignorant man.... U seriously think Dana is going to give his biggest PPV fighter fights he will lose that often in??? Ur more ignorant then i thought LOL

·
NO. 1 *BONER*
7,727 Posts
And all of this is based on the outcome of Nelson-Struve, wich is an interesting fight.
But if Nelson gets past Struve, i give him 1/100 chances to beat JDS.
Junior's impecable boxing would destroy Nelson early in the first.

·
Banned
689 Posts
He isn't going to be 1 and 6 ignorant man.... U seriously think Dana is going to give his biggest PPV fighter fights he will lose that often in??? Ur more ignorant then i thought LOL
wow you must think kimbo is talanted, name multiple opponents he could beat in the div

1 - 20 of 72 Posts