Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE more i watch his fights and his attitude i seem to like him more and more.
i know dana and i couldnt stand him at first.
but..... i do think he has heart and will do well.
whatcha ya think????
:thumb02:

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
not quite on the Nelson bandwagon yet, but am standing at the station hoping to get on one day, did not think much to him on TUF, just thought he was the best of a bad bunch, did not expect great things from him in the UFC, but I'm hoping he can prove me wrong, I want him to do well, would like to see him fight JDS, would be a real hardcore test, would not like his chances but if he was to pass a test like that I would jump on board.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
I like Nelson because he is an average Joe nothin fancy about him he does his own thing with his trainining etc. Hell I was a causal ufc fan and saw Roy on the streets I would never assume he is a fighter.

·
Cheers.
5,341 Posts
I just didn't understand Dana making him out to be cocky on TUF 10. He didn't come off cocky to me at all. Nonchalant, yeah, but that's not the same thing.

His accomplishments were totally downplayed. Meanwhile, Kimbo only fights once, loses, and everyone keeps talking about how good he turned out to be.

Nice to see Roy knock a couple of dudes out and kill that whole "He only wins cuz he's fat and lays on people!" thing.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Roy Nelson is way overrated IMO. He won TUF on a cast with a bunch of talentless guys who have minimal or no previous MMA experience and then he hit a flash KO against Struve which doesnt really tell us much about him as a fighter.
He'll be a gatekeeper at best, but more than likely he is just a mediocre fighter. I hope he fights someone like JDS or Mir with a decent betting line because i would bet the house against him in legit fights like those.

·
The Fun Police
11,565 Posts
I just didn't understand Dana making him out to be cocky on TUF 10. He didn't come off cocky to me at all. Nonchalant, yeah, but that's not the same thing.

His accomplishments were totally downplayed. Meanwhile, Kimbo only fights once, loses, and everyone keeps talking about how good he turned out to be.

Nice to see Roy knock a couple of dudes out and kill that whole "He only wins cuz he's fat and lays on people!" thing.
I thought he came across really bad on TUF, but i have no doubt that it was down to how they edited the show. I really disliked him then but now, when you get to see a bit more of his 'real' personality you can't help but like him.

·
-NOW YOU SLEEP-
10,940 Posts
Roy Nelson VS Gilbert Yvel...

Make it happen Joe....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.