Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interview with Minotauro:

After Rogerio Nogueira’s victory at UFC 114, his twin brother Rodrigo Minotauro Nogueira turns his focus to the UFC return. In an exclusive interview to TATAME at San Diego, California, the heavyweight spoke about his return, commented Brock Lesnar’s return against Shane Carwin and UFC Fan Expo.

Do you know when will be your next fight?

I hope it’s soon. There’s nothing scheduled, we had Rogério’s fight this weekend, a hard fight, he did a good fight, worked on his Wrestling on the second round, won the first one, in my opinion, sure won the third and he made his game… It was a great fight! The focus was only on Rogério and now we’re starting to focus on my training, I’ll do a new camp for this next fight. Today we trained ground game, we’ve been training with kimonos, here in San Diego, two or three times a week. We started the training with the kimono and we end it without, we’re trying to improve my Jiu-Jitsu. There’s nothing scheduled yet, but I’m hoping to fight soon, I’m anxious and I have good expectations for this next battle.

Do you have any idea of who could be your next opponent? I heard that Frank Mir, a guy you’d like to fight again, may face Gonzaga next…

I don’t know anything yet. We are waiting and I’ll fight against whoever they tell me to. I’ll try to do my best and got off there with a win. I’m waiting for some results, and I’ll way for them to say something.

Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin... Who will win this?

Man, I think Carwin is more aggressive, has a better hand, is coming through a good phase on his career and I believe in his game. But, for the future, I can see other athletes coming closer and I think this belt will end on Brazilian’s hands, maybe Junior dos Santos and me trying to win this belt, and I really want to make it (laughs).

Do you believe that, until the end of the year, your brother has a chance to dispute the belt on the 205 division?

Rogério has been having good results, he beat Banha, Jason Brilz… I believe that a good fight would be one between my brother and Rashad Evans or even Forrest Griffin. In 2005 Rogério did the best fight of that year against Shogun and that’s another fight I’d really like to see, because Rogério has improved a lot since then on his trade of punches and on his ground game as well. This would be a great fight. The one on 2005 was, so I think it deserves a second round between the two of them. They did a great fight on Pride, and they can do it all again on UFC.

Would you like to send a message to your fans?

I would like to thank everyone from TATAME, everyone who supports us. We just created a new website, which is www.minotaurosports.com. We did a great meeting with José Aldo, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Ricardo Arona, everyone there, together, at UFC Fan Expo. It’s good to have great names like that on an event. I’d like to thank everyone that went there. It was a great event, successful. I’d really like to thank the presence of Brazilian fans on UFC Fan Expo, asking for autographs, that’s really rewarding for us.
Link

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Prob him vs Mir 2.. or maybe Cro cop if he wins.. cause his contract states he gets Nog..
Does it really? Nog would just sub him again, Cro Cop doesn't have it in him anymore to throw a beating like the Pride days.

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
Does it really? Nog would just sub him again, Cro Cop doesn't have it in him anymore to throw a beating like the Pride days.
Nog isn't exactly looking like a world beater these days either. I'd love to see the rematch even if crocop loses his next fight. Neither of these guys are making it anywhere near the belt anymore might as well put two old names together and have a fun fight you can use as a second or third fight down the card.

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
Yes when he signed the extension with UFC one of his clauses was that he gets Nog in a rematch..

·
Registered
37 Posts
We started the training with the kimono and we end it without, we’re trying to improve my Jiu-Jitsu.
That's actually possible? :p

I love Minotauro, one of my favourite fighters to grace the UFC, but I believe he won't be able to contend for the title. He looks like he has lost that iron chin and the ability to take anything that the other fighter throws at him, due to age, as shown by previous fights.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If Lesnar beats Carwin then they'll probably do Mir vs. Nog 2. But if Carwin beats Lesnar then they'll do Mir vs. Lesnar 3. If that happens then I'd like to see Nog vs. the winner of Barry/Mirko. Or maybe Gonzaga in a battle of one of the biggest hearts and minds in MMA vs. one of the smallest hearts and minds.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
If Lesnar beats Carwin then they'll probably do Mir vs. Nog 2. But if Carwin beats Lesnar then they'll do Mir vs. Lesnar 3. If that happens then I'd like to see Nog vs. the winner of Barry/Mirko. Or maybe Gonzaga in a battle of one of the biggest hearts and minds in MMA vs. one of the smallest hearts and minds.
There's no way Frank Mir is going to get another title shot anytime soon. JDS and Cain will both get title shots before Mir and Mir is coming off a KO loss so he needs to win a couple fights at least before he's even in the conversation.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Nog vs. Struve

Nog vs. Struve could be great fight. Both of them got bit shaky record atm and could really use the opponent as a springboard back closer to top 5.
Honestly I don't really know a better opponent for Nog right now as it doesn't help him at all if he beats up someone like Meathead while he doesn't deserve a fight against any of the top 5 guys right now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes when he signed the extension with UFC one of his clauses was that he gets Nog in a rematch..
I hope Mirko gets that written into his new contract because Barry is the last fight on his current contract.

There's no way Frank Mir is going to get another title shot anytime soon. JDS and Cain will both get title shots before Mir and Mir is coming off a KO loss so he needs to win a couple fights at least before he's even in the conversation.
Never said Mir would get a title shot. If Carwin beats Lesnar, they'll probably do Lesnar vs. Mir 3. Too much many to be made even if both guys are coming off loses.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I guess the Frank Mir rematch is not happeneing I really wanted to see that after all the shit people talked on the internet about Staph (yes it played a role lol)

If Mir/Nog does not happen again and a certian someone wins at 115 it's a no brainer.

AWWW SO CLOSE!! :(

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'd love to see Nogueira back in TOP 3 heavyweights, but just don't see it happening. The guy used to deliver awesome submissions but it looks like it's in the far past now. The one on Sylvia was good, but this is only submission of highly ranked opponent in 5 years and even in that fight NOG was taking punishment as usual. That says a lot. Aside from that there were only victories via decision and one via TKO. No way I see Nogueira taking over the division. Cro Cop will beat him in a rematch, via knockout, I guess.

·
Fruits & Vegetables
2,580 Posts
I guess the Frank Mir rematch is not happeneing I really wanted to see that after all the shit people talked on the internet about Staph (yes it played a role lol)

If Mir/Nog does not happen again and a certian someone wins at 115 it's a no brainer.

Please remove that gif.... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
42 Posts

May have been close but thats about the closest your going to get to a LHK ko from the UFC cro crop.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
May have been close but thats about the closest your going to get to a LHK ko from the UFC cro crop.
OH that's just cold.....but it is true, sorry guys Cro Cop isn't pulling a Pride highlight out anytime soon. Not to mention it really wasn't that close, it's not like Cro Cop just missed him, JDS watched it come up off the ground and moved back to avoid it. If that makes something close then damn, just about every strike thrown in MMA is almost a KO.

·
-DIBKIS-
21,135 Posts
I have actually been thinking about Nog/Cro Cop fighting again. I think it would be a good one and it would interest a lot of people to see two of the old Pride stars throwing down in the UFC. I like it. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts