Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He went from underdog to a -135 favorite in a week against Rampage.

I've always had the contention that Rashad is likely going to take the fight by decision. I put my money down early.

But what gives with the overall betting public public, what's changed in the last week?

·
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
6,517 Posts
The public doesn't start betting enough to move the lines until a few days before the fight. That is the pro betters liking Rashad as an underdog betting heavily on him causing the books to change him to a favorite. The public money will push rampage either back to a favorite or the line to even.

·
Curitiba Food and Liquor
16,175 Posts
It might be the UFC Primetime show, in which Rashad's training methods seemed far superior to Quinton's, and where Quinton still looked a bit pudgy.
That's just what made it to TV, though. I don't pay much attention to that when I'm thinking about who is more likely to win. There's too much that we don't see.

·
Banned
820 Posts
I was hopeing Rashad was going to be the underdog was gonna be a great way to make some credits.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I have Rash to win this one, I just think he will want it more and I can't see Rampage having the same level of commitment to the sport that he once had before to lift him to the levels required to compete with the best, where as I think Rash will belt his game up and possibly come back stronger than he ever was.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
I have Rash to win this one, I just think he will want it more and I can't see Rampage having the same level of commitment to the sport that he once had before to lift him to the levels required to compete with the best, where as I think Rash will belt his game up and possibly come back stronger than he ever was.
You are thinking right. James McSweeney is a piece of shit, but he speaks the truth when he says that Rashad is going to completely push the pace on Rampage for 3 rounds.

I don't take those videos too seriously either. Like my Sweep said there are too much we don't see. But I think its fair to say that Page hasnt been focused on MMA for quite sometime and he has been out for a year and a couple of months. He will definitely have lost some speed from such a long lay off, and speed is something you need in order to survive against somebody like Rashad. The more I think about it the more that speed will be a big factor. If Rashad moves around Rampage like he did with Liddell, he will earn the UD victory or maybe even a TKO if he gets him in the perfect spot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.