Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bigfoot Silva Doesn’t Believe On Brock Lesnar Being No. 1 | Steve Rattlesnake

“Lesnar had a hard time on the first round, but got the guy on the second. I think that if (Shane) Carwin had a little more conditioning, he would have got the win. I don’t believe that Brock Lesnar deserves to be considered the number one of the ranking because I think that, if Werdum beat the number one, the right thing would be for him to become the number one. How can you beat the number one and be considered number two? I think this ranking is kind of crazy sometimes… There’s no way of a guy fighting only six times and becoming the number one of the ranking. And what about the history Fedor made in MMA? Just because of one loss, now he’s number three and a guy with only six fights on his professional record is the number one. That’s crazy, man. About Cigano, I’m sure he’ll be the next champion of Ultimate. He’s young, has a lot of disposition, has a sharp Boxing, it’s hard to put him down and I’m sure Cigano will become the next champion of UFC. The only one how can make a tough fight with him is (Cain) Velasquez, who is a complete fighter, a good wrestler, bangs quite well, has a good ground game… But I’m sure Cigano will become the champion of this division. I’m sure he’s back in Brazil and will spend some time with his family and then come back to the trainings and I know he’ll become the champion.”

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
It´s not like his telling lies, is it?
The 6 fight argument is pretty strong, iyam...

·
Premium Member
476 Posts

“Lesnar had a hard time on the first round, but got the guy on the second. I think that if (Shane) Carwin had a little more conditioning, he would have got the win. I don’t believe that Brock Lesnar deserves to be considered the number one of the ranking because I think that, if Werdum beat the number one, the right thing would be for him to become the number one. How can you beat the number one and be considered number two? I think this ranking is kind of crazy sometimes… There’s no way of a guy fighting only six times and becoming the number one of the ranking. And what about the history Fedor made in MMA? Just because of one loss, now he’s number three and a guy with only six fights on his professional record is the number one. That’s crazy, man. About Cigano, I’m sure he’ll be the next champion of Ultimate. He’s young, has a lot of disposition, has a sharp Boxing, it’s hard to put him down and I’m sure Cigano will become the next champion of UFC. The only one how can make a tough fight with him is (Cain) Velasquez, who is a complete fighter, a good wrestler, bangs quite well, has a good ground game… But I’m sure Cigano will become the champion of this division. I’m sure he’s back in Brazil and will spend some time with his family and then come back to the trainings and I know he’ll become the champion.”
Who in the fecking Hell is Bigfoot Silva?

I have to agree, Brock Lesnar is not the best heavyweight fighter in the world. I still think Fedor is better despite a fluke loss, and Brock will probably lose his title within his next two fights.
I am sooooooooooooooo sick of the Brock haters. Every thread that has Lesnars name in it brings out these stupid redundant comments.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Some serious double standard here. Lesnar survives one of the worst beatings we have ever seen and he is lucky that he then goes on to submit Carwin. Yet guys like Big Nog, Fedor, and A.Silva do it and they are showing how awesome they are that even in trouble the overcome it.

I still think Fedor is the badest HW in the game, but he did get caught in a simple sub that he should have seen from a mile away. That is going to drop your ranking some. As for #1 ranking, other than Fedor it is very rare to see it be someone outside of the UFC champ for that weight class. I am not saying it is fair, just it is a common practice due to the level of competition in the UFC.

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts
I am sooooooooooooooo sick of the Brock haters. Every thread that has Lesnars name in it brings out these stupid redundant comments.
Where are the haters?
Just because a man express a opinion that not goes as you like, sudently he´s a hater?
perhaps you should take brock out of your "expletive"...

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Majortoms double post = epic. Good job dude!! Just because someone has an opinion different to yours doesn't make them a 'hater'.

I think the #1 HW is still based on opinion. Brock, Fedor, JDS, Cain are all up there imo. And until Brock gets more fights, Fedor faces top competition, JDS/Cain win the belt I don't see any of them as clear #1's.

·
Banned
0 Posts
LOL!!! post of the day for me :thumbsup:

LMAO...agreed!!!

Majortoms double post = epic. Good job dude!! Just because someone has an opinion different to yours doesn't make them a 'hater'.

I think the #1 HW is still based on opinion. Brock, Fedor, JDS, Cain are all up there imo. And until Brock gets more fights, Fedor faces top competition, JDS/Cain win the belt I don't see any of them as clear #1's.

KryO...dont be a hater....:D

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
hmm wat does brock have to do earn a lil respect, if he beat fedor within a inch of his life he still would have people saying it was a fluke or he cheated or the ref got it wrong etc. is bigfoot silva ment to be a legend of mma or something?

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts

Agreed!

Rankings will always be debate! I remember after Fedor beat Hong Man Choi people were ready to name Nogueira the No.1 HW (myself included). HMC is a solid kickboxer but is a virtual nobody in MMA! Their were people that were sick and tired of Fedor fighting nobodies (some still are) like HMC and Zulu and still remaining the No.1 HW. Not only that Nogueira went and beat a top ten fighter (Tim Sylvia). But Fedor lovers argued that since Fedor is unbeaten and he beat Nogueira twice he should still remain No.1. It was insane!

Bigfoot Silva's statement is just another opinion on the rankings.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
If Brock wins against Cain - he will have the longest winning streak of any regining HW champ in UFC history... just something to think about!
well everyone else had to fight at least god knows how many times before they earned a title shot, as far as I am concerned there is no HW champion at the UFC, see Randy Couture was pulled out of retirement so there for the HW title shoudl have been vacant, plus the fact he was never a HW, so the title was just a gift to Brock that he did not deserve a given to him by a retired LHW who should never of come back as HW champ, it was a pointless title defence since any HW would of beat him.

Think about that, when Couture came out of retirement to defend that title they could of made anyone they chose champion, it was a fight that never should of happened.

If Randy wanted to return then it shoudl have only been to the LHW division, he shoudl of given up the HW belt and they should have picked a more fair way to find a new champ than to just pick Brock Lesnar because he was a hot favorate with PPV buying WWE fans.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
well everyone else had to fight at least god knows how many times before they earned a title shot, as far as I am concerned there is no HW champion at the UFC, see Randy Couture was pulled out of retirement so there for the HW title shoudl have been vacant, plus the fact he was never a HW, so the title was just a gift to Brock that he did not deserve a given to him by a retired LHW who should never of come back as HW champ, it was a pointless title defence since any HW would of beat him.

Think about that, when Couture came out of retirement to defend that title they could of made anyone they chose champion, it was a fight that never should of happened.
I agree the fight shouldn't have happened but it did and since that Brock has beaten Mir and Carwin 2 of the world's top 5 HWs so credit where it is due.

Also can you find me a fighter on a more impressive win streak than Herring, Couture, Mir and Carwin at HW in the world? JDS and Cain's streaks are good but i think Brock's is more impressive.

·
Registered
877 Posts

I tend to agree with him on the irrational rankings...

Dos Santos could very well be champion, but so could Velasquez.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Yeah

But Brock has to have 6 defenses for some of these knuckleheads to earn their approval. It's just Brock hating.
its not hating on him, its called you should have to earn the right to be considered the best and that is something that Brock has not yet done.

Despite the fact Brock holds a belt, there are still many fighters in the UFC who are on more impressive winning streaks than him, Herring and Mir are both over rated, as for Carwin, that the only decent win on his record, and like Bigfoot said he nearly lost that fight, in fact that first round was a 10-8 round it was so one sided, Carwins Cardio let him down we all saw it, Brock had the resilience to come back and win so he wins some credit for that, but that is not enough to be considered the number 1 HW in the world he still has a long way to go before he wins that kind of respect in my eyes, and personally from what we saw in his stand up in the Carwin fight, I dont think he will ever make it to that level of respect imo.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't think Brock's accomplishment are THAT incredible. But in the current HW picture, he has the best streak of wins/accomplishments.

You just can't be considered the best HW if your last fight is a loss against Fabricio Werdum...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts