Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to drop another 10lbs. and to do it I've cleaned up my diet and need to add additional cardio into the mix. I get so bored jogging so I was thinking of buying a road bike. I think this will be a great way to improve leg strength and cardio while doing something a bit more fun than running. I will be able to cover much more distance on the bike so it wouldn't be so monotonous. Just curious as to what your thoughts are on buying a road bike and using this to help increase cardio, endurance, and lose weight.

I train MMA about 5 days a week and would prob. train on the bike 3 days a week in addition to my MMA training. I would prob. average around 100 miles/week on the bike.

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
607 Posts
I happen to really enjoy mountain biking, for fun as well as cardio/fat loss. I dont think road biking would be a bad idea at all. If you havent added these yet, throw in hill sprints, they are a great all around workout and will kick your metabolism in the ass if you work consistently. Good luck on your goals.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With running you don't cover that much distance so you don't get to see a lot of things. With a roadbike I will be able to cover a ton of distance in a shorter amount of time. Plus, it's different than my typical training and I can rely on the bike as a different form of excercise. I'm thinking this is a great idea but then again I always think things are a great idea until after I drop a ton of cash. HAHA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts