Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bill Gates says "we can lower the world's population by 10 or 15 percent with vaccines" in this TED talk he gave back in 2010.

:dunno:

What does that mean?

·
Super Moderator
8,093 Posts

Bill Gates says "we can lower the world's population by 10 or 15 percent with vaccines" in this TED talk he gave back in 2010.

:dunno:

What does that mean?
Thats not what he saying at all.

He is saying that with vaccines, improved healthcare, and Reproductive Health Services (Condoms, Pill, STD services etc) we can improve quality of life and bring birth rates down.

Bill Gates is a good guy and spends a lot (like billions) of his wealth helping poor people all over the world, there should be more like him.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@ 1:58 to 2:20

He says "we can bring the world's population down by 10 or 15 percent with vaccines, healthcare and reproductive health services".

It seems as if he's saying 10 to 15 percent of the world's population is going to die?

Hmm. How would you translate that?

·
Super Moderator
8,093 Posts
@ 1:58 to 2:20

He says "we can bring the world's population down by 10 or 15 percent with vaccines, healthcare and reproductive health services".

It seems as if he's saying 10 to 15 percent of the world's population is going to die?

Hmm. How would you translate that?
I'd translate exactly as I said in my above post.

Poor countries have high birth rates, whereas developed countries have an even birth to death ratio. By improving the quality of life in poor countries and providing them with essential sexual health services like first world countries - the population in these countries will decrease by 10 - 15 percent naturally (more deaths than births).

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Thats not what he saying at all.

He is saying that with vaccines, improved healthcare, and Reproductive Health Services (Condoms, Pill, STD services etc) we can improve quality of life and bring birth rates down.

Bill Gates is a good guy and spends a lot (like billions) of his wealth helping poor people all over the world, there should be more like him.
I dont believe it for one second. If you start digging into the money trail, its not as wholesome as it seems on the surface. For example, a big deal was made when Gates started an expensive program to help drought ridden areas grow food. All sounds great. Until you realize the drought proof crops his program was introducing are patented monsanto GM crops. Crops that will only grow when used with monsanto fertilizer. So these countries are essentially tied to monsanto if they want to eat. Why did Gates have to get into bed with them? He has more than enough money to start an independent program to develop drought proof plants, free of patents, that he can give to the world which would be a proper charitable gesture. But instead hes creating partnerships with big pharmaceuticals who will ultimately own the countries that Gates is supposed to be helping. Its disgusting that these starving people are being anchored to patented crops while they are at their most fragile, knowing full well they cant turn it down. And down the line when they are less starving and want to grow something that's not a monsanto GM product? They will get sued for cross pollination. Sounds bonkers, but thats exactly how Monsanto roll.

Bill Gates is essentially helping the helpless get into bed with the devil.

·
Super Moderator
8,093 Posts
I dont believe it for one second. If you start digging into the money trail, its not as wholesome as it seems on the surface. For example, a big deal was made when Gates started an expensive program to help drought ridden areas grow food. All sounds great. Until you realize the drought proof crops his program was introducing are patented monsanto GM crops. Crops that will only grow when used with monsanto fertilizer. So these countries are essentially tied to monsanto if they want to eat. Why did Gates have to get into bed with them? He has more than enough money to start an independent program to develop drought proof plants, free of patents, that he can give to the world which would be a proper charitable gesture. But instead hes creating partnerships with big pharmaceuticals who will ultimately own the countries that Gates is supposed to be helping. Its disgusting that these starving people are being anchored to patented crops while they are at their most fragile, knowing full well they cant turn it down. And down the line when they are less starving and want to grow something that's not a monsanto GM product? They will get sued for cross pollination. Sounds bonkers, but thats exactly how Monsanto roll.

Bill Gates is essentially helping the helpless get into bed with the devil.
I've no idea about the schema for setting up such operations. I'm sure Bill does what he can. He is essentially a super nerd that made a lot of money, but has never been flash with it. He just doesn't strike me as a man who has wicked intentions and certainly not a man who plots to mass murder billions of poor people through some kind of genetic time bomb posing as a vaccination.

·
The 55%
16,514 Posts
I've no idea about the schema for setting up such operations. I'm sure Bill does what he can. He is essentially a super nerd that made a lot of money, but has never been flash with it. He just doesn't strike me as a man who has wicked intentions and certainly not a man who plots to mass murder billions of poor people through some kind of genetic time bomb posing as a vaccination.
But.....autism and stuff?

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
His appearance as a harmless loaded nerd is just great PR. That man has his grubby fingers in all kinds of shite. He kind of reminds me of the queen: most people think they are harmless. But as I said, PR determines what the world sees and thinks of you. But I refuse to believe these people are anything other than cold hearted wankers, with an agenda that would have the rest of us as slaves or dead.

·
The 55%
16,514 Posts
His appearance as a harmless loaded nerd is just great PR. That man has his grubby fingers in all kinds of shite. He kind of reminds me of the queen: most people think they are harmless. But as I said, PR determines what the world sees and thinks of you. But I refuse to believe these people are anything other than cold hearted wankers, with an agenda that would have the rest of us as slaves or dead.
You...you've been pretty intense recently.

·
Super Moderator
8,093 Posts
Its funny. You look him up online and peoples complaints about him range from make their lives a misery with new Office layout to being racist towards white people because he gives more to poor people from black nations.

I guess he's a guy in 'that' position where doesn't matter what he does, he's going to be criticised for it.

The way I see it is that I use a lot of his software that makes my life easier, sure Windows isn't perfect, but I was around when your operating system was DOS. He insanely rich but gives a lot to charity and his motives seem to be genuine. Sure he's done some shady things in the past, but who gets a $80 billion fortune without bending the rules.

Give me a Bill Gates over a Steve Jobs, Rupert Murdoch, Roman Abromovich or the Walton Family any day.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Its funny. You look him up online and peoples complaints about him range from make their lives a misery with new Office layout to being racist towards white people because he gives more to poor people from black nations.

I guess he's a guy in 'that' position where doesn't matter what he does, he's going to be criticised for it.

The way I see it is that I use a lot of his software that makes my life easier, sure Windows isn't perfect, but I was around when your operating system was DOS. He insanely rich but gives a lot to charity and his motives seem to be genuine. Sure he's done some shady things in the past, but who gets a $80 billion fortune without bending the rules.

Give me a Bill Gates over a Steve Jobs, Rupert Murdoch, Roman Abromovich or the Walton Family any day.
Im not talking about shitty software. Im talking about raping very poor countries of all their traditional crops, by "donating" GMO shite, essentially tying whole counties to contracts that they will pay for dearly in a decade or so. This is exactly what his foundation is doing. And he knows full well what the outcome of this will be; more money to them with the most money. More land to them with the most land. More power to them with the most power.

Funny you mention Steve jobs. I hated that fecker. But Apple has become so soulless and cynical since his death. To the point where I will never buy an apple product again. It goes to show you, its an endless cycle. Powerful dudes die leaving massive vacuums for even more powerful dudes to occupy. Removing anybody from the equation makes shit worse more often than better.

·
Super Moderator
8,093 Posts
Im not talking about shitty software. Im talking about raping very poor countries of all their traditional crops, by "donating" GMO shite, essentially tying whole counties to contracts that they will pay for dearly in a decade or so. This is exactly what his foundation is doing. And he knows full well what the outcome of this will be; more money to them with the most money. More land to them with the most land. More power to them with the most power.

Funny you mention Steve jobs. I hated that fecker. But Apple has become so soulless and cynical since his death. To the point where I will never buy an apple product again. It goes to show you, its an endless cycle. Powerful dudes die leaving massive vacuums for even more powerful dudes to occupy. Removing anybody from the equation makes shit worse more often than better.
I guess we'll just have to see how to turns it in 10 years time. :wink03:

I'll give you that about Steve Jobs. The ****er was awesome at passing other peoples ideas of as his own but he was a perfectionist and I doubt he sign off on the products that Apple are releasing nowadays.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts