Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard awhile back that Goldburg (Yes the wrestler) was in MMA and was banned cause he kicked someone in the head and damn near killed him. Or something like that lol

Anyone know if thats true that he was in MMA at one time?

Brock Lesnar is fighting K1 now, would have loved to see those 2 MONSTERS bang lol

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
as far as i know , Goldberg has never stepped foot in a mma ring/cage

Im very interested in seeeing how Lesnar does , now that hes working with Miletich fulll time , hes gunnna be a beast

·
Registered
40 Posts
As far as I know, it is spelt Goldberg not Goldburg, and yeah I haven't heard anything of him stepping into an MMA ring so it is probably a silly rumour.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
noooooooooo

I heard this SO many times from SO many people... LOL

Do rumors really spread THAT MUCH lol

Well I guess if it was only a rumor well that sucks,

FANTASY FIGHT GOLDBERG VS LESNAR WHO WOULD WIN???

Id pay 50 bucks to see JUST that fight:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I think who ever told you this might be getting confused with Goldberg's wrestling career. This sounds like the time he kicked Bret Hart in the head in WCW, gave him a bad concussion, and ended his wrestling career.

That's probably about the only time Goldberg has landed a legitimate kick to someones head, and it was by accident.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If Goldberg vs. Lesnar is anything like their wrestling match at WM 20 then trust me, it alone is not worth the price of admission. The crowd was better than the match in that one.

But in a legit fight, sure, I'd pay to see it as long as there was another solid match on the card and a decent under-card.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
goldberg has been trying to get into it but i don't think he has. He trains hard and has a vast knowledge of the sport. One day i'm sure we will see him.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
come on guys

Goldberg may not be a skilled MMA, BUT hes SCARY strong, and I mean SCARY

Anyone whos watched him knows that. Sure wrestling is FAKE but how do you FAKE powerslamming the BIG SHOW? How do you fake that kind of strength? I go back to Lesnar again... Same kind of strong. Its not just muscles that win you a fight, but with some serious training, you can imagine what kind of damage someone can do who can run up MILES of road on a steep incline, with a 600+ pound log on your shoulders!

Scary indeed!

If Lesnar gets good, or if Goldbreg decided to actually get into MMA, we could see some of the most obscene GNP we've ever seen!

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
goldberg would be a beast

KO SPEAR

·
Registered
40 Posts
Goldberg got into trouble many o' time for injuring people in the wrestling ring and tbh, MMA would probably suit his style of fighting, even though this is a rumour I would love to see it happen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I heard Angle might get into MMA as well. Gold medalist wrestlers tend to do well, that'd be good to see. Lesnar with Miletitch, he might just be a SUPER beast. That guy, Goldber as well, is so damn strong, if they got an opponent pinned against the cage there'd be no way out of it, except by submission. And hello all, my first post on this forum.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
i would like to see how some of the wwe superstars would do in the ring with some training

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
Goldberg’s connections to the MMA world run deep. He has been a martial arts enthusiast throughout his career in wrestling and television, and has trained for most of his adult life in the art of Muay Thai kickboxing. Goldberg also owns and operates Extreme Power, a Muay Thai training facility for children and adults, as well as competitive fighters in Oceanside, CA. So who knows what he's capable of.

P.s. double leg is that from sherk's florian fight i haven't seen that yet. He grabbed the cage like a girl.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sucks Goldberg is responsible for ending Bret Harts career. He was one of the greatest of all time and bad ass in the ring cause he was more technical than everyone else. A Bret Hart vs Angle would of been bad ass.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
moldy said:
Goldberg’s connections to the MMA world run deep. He has been a martial arts enthusiast throughout his career in wrestling and television, and has trained for most of his adult life in the art of Muay Thai kickboxing. Goldberg also owns and operates Extreme Power, a Muay Thai training facility for children and adults, as well as competitive fighters in Oceanside, CA. So who knows what he's capable of.

P.s. double leg is that from sherk's florian fight i haven't seen that yet. He grabbed the cage like a girl.
ooo i didn't know he was that big into mma. he could do well then!

p.s. that is from florian vs sherk fight when he grabbed the cage like a little pu ssy:laugh:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I didn't know all of that about Goldberg, either. If he wants to seriously consider training and competing in mixed martial arts, he had better to do it soon. He isn't exactly a young guy, while he's not old, he's not going to get any faster as time goes on. If Goldberg were to give MMA a try, it had better be within the next 5 years or he's gonna get embarrassed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
1) Goldberg is almost 40 - DOB December 27, 1966, according to his website (I had to check). It's kind of late to get into the game, I'd think. Plus, hasn't he already made his millions in wrestling? He'd have to enjoy pain in a very unhealthy way to get into MMA now.

2) I'm very curious to see if Lesnar can do anything in MMA. He's already pissed away a career as a pro wrestler and he couldn't make the NFL. I wonder if he's got the head for it. He'd also have to cut from 295 (according to Wikipedia), but I don't know how much of an issue that is. He's supposed to have a fight in K-1 in 2007, so I guess we'll find out then. Also of interest in the wiki about Lesnar was that Royce Gracie was identified as a trainer. Anyone know anything about that?

3) I read elsewhere on this board that Kurt Angle is a physical train wreck - he's held together with bailing wire and chewing gum. But if he's wrassling in TNA, he can't be completely crippled.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts