Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LEGEND
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else thinks BJ has changed. I think he's turned cocky and soft. His skills don't seem to be as smart and for some odd reason, he reminds me of an old man in the ring (I only mean his mannerisms, not his cardio or anything like that). Back in the day, he looked like the Karate kid, now he looks fat. I don't think there's anyway he can beat Matt Hughes

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
putmeonhold said:
Who else thinks BJ has changed. I think he's turned cocky and soft. His skills don't seem to be as smart and for some odd reason, he reminds me of an old man in the ring (I only mean his mannerisms, not his cardio or anything like that). Back in the day, he looked like the Karate kid, now he looks fat. I don't think there's anyway he can beat Matt Hughes
Thats what a lot of people said the first time they met!

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
BJ will be underestimated again and he will come out on top like the first time!

·
Registered
80 Posts
being a bit pudgy is just BJs body type. He wasn't exactly all ripped up at 155. This being said, I don't think that he can handle the brute strength of Matt. Hughes by ref stoppages just like Royce.

·
1 2 3 Blast Off!
2,972 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Looks can be deceiving...
but he's not decieving:laugh: he's F-A-T!:dunno: :)

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
bj doesnt belong fighting at 170..thats why he looks fat, its because he is..that doesnt mean he cant hang at 170 cuz he can..he handles matts stregnth b4 and i think he can do it again..i originally picked bj but im starting to think hughes might be too much for him

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Just cuz he looks soft doesn't take away his ability to fight. He was soft in his last match with Hughes and dominated him. Like it was said up there ^ he doesn't belong at 170 he is a natural 155. But he's a beast and fights at both weight classes and I even heard he might try to move up to middleweight as well, just a rumor though. Was the point of this thread to see if anyone else thought he was fat or just to call him fat and that's it? Just wondering :dunno:

·
The American Psycho
6,946 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Just cuz he looks soft doesn't take away his ability to fight. He was soft in his last match with Hughes and dominated him. Like it was said up there ^ he doesn't belong at 170 he is a natural 155. But he's a beast and fights at both weight classes and I even heard he might try to move up to middleweight as well, just a rumor though. Was the point of this thread to see if anyone else thought he was fat or just to call him fat and that's it? Just wondering :dunno:
Don't fret WouldLuv2FightU! When BJ gives Matt Hughes the beating of a lifetime for the second time, we'll have full bragging rights!

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
exactly bj looks like he's a pushover but when he lets his hands fly look out. And hughes isn't as good a striker as gsp and gsp had a war with bj. Look at the way gsp dispatched trigg.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Yes B.J. is still a great fighter (see UFC 58 for a recent fight). He took GSP to the limit and we all know how good GSP is. But about B.J. being overlooked AGAIN. There might be fans overlooking him but I can assure you Matt Hughes is not. Hughes will come in ready this time and it should make for a much better fight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts