Record - 15 - 5 -1
Association - BJ Penn's MMA
Height - 5'9"
Weight - 155 lbs
Birth Date - 12/13/1978
State - Hawaii
Country - USA

Result - Opponent - Method - Event Title - Date - Round - Time

Loss Georges St. Pierre TKO (Corner Stoppage) UFC 94 - St. Pierre vs. Penn 2 1/31/2009 4 5:00 WATCH!!2
Win Sean Sherk TKO (Knee and Punches) UFC 84 - Ill Will 5/24/2008 3 5:00 WATCH!!
Win Joe Stevenson Submission (Rear Naked Choke) UFC 80 - Rapid Fire 1/19/2008 2 4:02 WATCH!!
Win Jens Pulver Submission (Rear Naked Choke) UFC - TUF 5 Finale 6/23/2007 2 3:12 WATCH!!

Loss Matt Hughes TKO (Strikes) UFC 63 - Hughes vs Penn 9/23/2006 3 3:53 DOWNLOAD!!
Loss Georges St. Pierre Decision (Split) UFC 58 - USA vs Canada 3/4/2006 3 5:00 WATCH!!
Win Renzo Gracie Decision (Unanimous) K-1 - World Grand Prix Hawaii 7/29/2005 3 5:00 WATCH!!
Loss Lyoto Machida Decision (Unanimous) K-1 - Hero's 1 3/26/2005 3 5:00 WATCH!!
Win Rodrigo Gracie Decision (Unanimous) ROTR 6 - Rumble on the Rock 6 11/20/2004 3 5:00 WATCH!!
Win Duane Ludwig Submission (Arm Triangle Choke) K-1 MMA - ROMANEX 5/22/2004 1 1:45 WATCH!!
Win Matt Hughes Submission (Rear Naked Choke) UFC 46 - Supernatural 1/31/2004 1 4:39 WATCH!!
Win Takanori Gomi Submission (Rear Naked Choke) ROTR 4 - Rumble on the Rock 4 10/10/2003 3 2:35 WATCH!!
draw Caol Uno Draw UFC 41 - Onslaught 2/28/2003 5 5:00
Win Matt Serra Decision (Unanimous) UFC 39 - The Warriors Return 9/27/2002 3 5:00 DOWNLOAD!!
Win Paul Creighton TKO (Strikes) UFC 37 - High Impact 5/10/2002 2 3:23
Loss Jens Pulver Decision (Majority) UFC 35 - Throwdown 1/11/2002 5 5:00 WATCH!!
Win Caol Uno KO (Punches) UFC 34 - High Voltage 11/2/2001 1 0:11 WATCH!!
Win Din Thomas TKO (Strikes) UFC 32 - Showdown in the Meadowlands 6/29/2001 1 2:42 WATCH!!
Win Joey Gilbert TKO (Strikes) UFC 31 - Locked & Loaded 5/4/2001 1 4:57

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
B.J. Penn is a good fighter. It's hilarious when you hear him talk he doesn't even understand what he says half of the time. When he won the title he started crying and he's like "I don't deserve it" and then before the fight he kept saying he will beat Matt Hughes. But besides his low intelligence when talking he is a good fighter. I want to see him fight again. Haven't seen him since UFC 58. I want to see him fight Matt Hughes in a rematch from UFC 46.

·
Registered
15 Posts
He's actually a very intelligent guy, and he actually said "I don't even know if I deserve this right now" because he beat Matt Hughes so easily, everyone says they're gonna go in and dominate their opponents but goin in and doing it especially against an opponent like Hughes is another story altogether.

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
You forgot to mention that Penn won the Brazillian Jiu-jitsu Championship in Brazil, which is one hell of an accomplishment for an American.

He currently holds the rank of Blackbelt in BJJ.

.... Oh yeah, and he made his MMA debut in the UFC.

·
Banned
110 Posts
thebroken said:
is he fighting again soon? i wanna see a penn and GSP rematch!
Oh come on. We all know Georges would win again. Georges is getting a rematch with Matt Hughes soon and this time will take the title since hes more prepared and beaten the best to get to Hughes. Hughes and Penn, thats who should have a rematch. If Penn were to go down to 155 and fight as a lightweight for the new UFC lightweight division he would totally dominate.

·
SugaRUSH!
3,807 Posts
Confrontation said:
Oh come on. We all know Georges would win again. Georges is getting a rematch with Matt Hughes soon and this time will take the title since hes more prepared and beaten the best to get to Hughes. Hughes and Penn, thats who should have a rematch. If Penn were to go down to 155 and fight as a lightweight for the new UFC lightweight division he would totally dominate.
how are you so sure that GSP would win again, i mean he barely won the last time, and i mean barely. George was sent to the hospital after that fight.

·
Registered
168 Posts
yea i agree gsp barely won that fight and if penn would actually finish a fight gsp wouldnt stand a chance imo.. bj always dies off after the first round if he doesnt finish the guy then...i didnt see gsp have any sort of advantage besides his takedowns in the fight and thats why he won the decision... bjs standup and ground game are far better than gsp's ...but we will get to see the rematch of hughes penn soon it should make for a great fight i cant wait

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
And why was George send to the hospital? 1. coz of his eye after he got poked in it. 2. coz of his broken nose that was clipped right at the tip after an uppercut.. donno know if thats a credit to Penn saying that he send him to the hospital

·
Registered
583 Posts
B.J. Penn is one of the best ever. He's so great to watch hes so entertaining he puts on a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu clinic in pretty much all of his matches. It really saddened me that he lost to Hughes at UFC 63 but I'm sure B.J. will be back and dominating the Lightweight Division or the Welterweight Division.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I.q.

Rush said:
B.J. Penn is a good fighter. It's hilarious when you hear him talk he doesn't even understand what he says half of the time. When he won the title he started crying and he's like "I don't deserve it" and then before the fight he kept saying he will beat Matt Hughes. But besides his low intelligence when talking he is a good fighter. I want to see him fight again. Haven't seen him since UFC 58. I want to see him fight Matt Hughes in a rematch from UFC 46.
Are you serious?

The best fighters have to be intelligent, atleast in what they do. It is like chess. You have to anticipate your opponent's next move.

Of course, if one is intelligent in fighting, it does not necessarily follow the person is intelligent in other aspects..

But, generally speaking, those who are masters in one area, atleast have normal intelligence in others..

He was just emotional when he won the belt.. I believe anyone who spends much of their time trying to attain something and acheives it, they will also be emotional and perhaps irrational in the moment..

Tony

·
Registered
34 Posts
BJ at Welterweight

Ken Shamrock said:
B.J. Penn is one of the best ever. He's so great to watch hes so entertaining he puts on a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu clinic in pretty much all of his matches. It really saddened me that he lost to Hughes at UFC 63 but I'm sure B.J. will be back and dominating the Lightweight Division or the Welterweight Division.
I think he is more fit for Welterweight and seems that God designed him as kryptonite for Matt Hughes.

At lightweight, I think there is an issue of speed for BJ Penn, where he doesn't has as good of an edge.. At Welterweight, his speed, though, pays off greatly.. Maybe I am just seeing something that is not there, but the lightweight division seems to have more of an element of unpredictability. Just look at the recent matchup between Jen's Pulver and the newcommer, whatever his name was..

Tony

·
Team Penn
1,454 Posts
I would love to see a rematch between either GSP or Hughes. It will be a while though until his ribs heal I would say he won't be clear until next year sometime. But, yeah did you see GSP's face after the first round??? BJ ripped it apart. I really thought he had the win against Matt until his injury.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
His face was a mess coz of one poke in the eye and an uppercut that clipped the tip of his nose.. Penn lost that fight. He won the first two rounds against Hughes pretty big and apperantly got hurt but he also gassed big time, he would have gassed anyway with or without the injury so he lost that fight to. no need for exuses

·
Team Penn
1,454 Posts
I think you need to watch that fight again. GSP had the scratch under his eyes bumps on his fore head and cheekbone and a fat lip. And you try separating a rib and continue fighting a beast like Hughes. Something tells me you will looked hella gassed too.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Hughes did not beat BJ...

BJ... lost to BJ... buddy ran outta gas...

All hughes had to do was lie down on him.

BJ shut down *everything* Hughes had... Hughes was plain and simply put: At a loss.

Hughes tried 'stand up', nope... and reverted to what Hughes *only* knows...
Shoot for the takedown, pass the guard, then proceed to 'ground and pound'.

But BJ shutdown the takedown... which left Hughes no where to go...
When Hughes did manage to get the takedown, he couldnt pass the guard and found himself in a world of submission problems... Hughes had *nothing*.

At the start of the 3rd round, BJ was gas'd out and basically laid down for the guy.

BJ rocks, if only he could get his cardio upto par :(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts