Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Evil said:
He won the first two rounds against Hughes pretty big and apperantly got hurt but he also gassed big time, he would have gassed anyway with or without the injury so he lost that fight to. no need for exuses

Didnt i say that?? What are you smokin dude?

·
Registered
2 Posts
K

Evil said:
And why was George send to the hospital? 1. coz of his eye after he got poked in it. 2. coz of his broken nose that was clipped right at the tip after an uppercut.. donno know if thats a credit to Penn saying that he send him to the hospital
Clipped right at the tip after an uppercut? So to say it plainly without the frills, BJ Penn hit GSP and broke his nose.

·
LHW Champ
781 Posts
Yes an uppercut broke his nose, it was just a weird hit. If you watch the replay you see the punch just clips it right at the tip and his nose bounces up and down.. so.... yeah.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
BJ Penn is the man!
Gotta give him respect for going up to almost every weight class to scrap, even though he loss most of 'em. 155 is where he started and thats where he belongs, he's gonna dominate 155 for a long, long time.

As far as rematches against GSP and Hughes...the GSP fight is up in the air, but the Hughes fight is all Penn. I see Penn out striking Hughes, taking him down, and punishing him before the brutal submission.

I wanna see Penn hold on to the title for a couple of years before he goes back up to 170.

·
Registered
3 Posts
B.J. Penn

Before the GSP fight, he needs to defend his lightweight against Kenflo. Kenflo looked good in his last two fights, also got that sharp elbow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
BJ Penn Vs Kenflo or GSP?

Before the GSP fight, he needs to defend his lightweight against Kenflo. Kenflo looked good in his last two fights, also got that sharp elbow.
I think that Kenflo would be a slight step down.. Would like to see if BJ has learned anything since the last encounter with GSP..

And really do not want to see some bullcrap point factor of GSP taking him down at will..

Rather, would like to see if BJ has improved his takedown defense agility and if he has any new game plan..

Also, has GSP finally got past the mental game or will someone else break him again mentally?

Tony

·
Registered
4 Posts
im still trying to figure out how bj penn got a black belt in bjj in three years and for average woman or man it takes 10 years and bj stands for baby jay

21 - 35 of 35 Posts