Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Is it just me or does Penn sound like he'd burst into tears at any moment? I suppose I would go emo after losing a second time against GSP then losing my LW belt too after bragging on and on about how I would become the second person ever to hold 2 belts same time. :p
Atleast Dana knows how to make poor Baby Jay feel better by giving him another unearned title shot. Penn should really stop being a butthurt drama queen and focus more on getting his belt back, because even Dana wont give him another freebie title shot after he loses to Edgar for the second time in a row. :)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
BJ seems a completely different person since GSP Penn II. He's been unerringly polite and gracious, but gone through strange mood swings where he's seemingly amped up for one fight (Diego), then sluggish and unmotivated the next (Frankie).

He doesn't really smile that much, he doesn't seem cocky, he just seems emotionally flat.

My suspicion is that he wants to retire.

Conclusion: GSP sapped his will to compete.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it just me or does Penn sound like he'd burst into tears at any moment? I suppose I would go emo after losing a second time against GSP then losing my LW belt too after bragging on and on about how I would become the second person ever to hold 2 belts same time. :p
Atleast Dana knows how to make poor Baby Jay feel better by giving him another unearned title shot. Penn should really stop being a butthurt drama queen and focus more on getting his belt back, because even Dana wont give him another freebie title shot after he loses to Edgar for the second time in a row. :)

Repped for truthness.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bj doesn't seem that different to me, to me he's always been a fighter who's "hot and cold". You've all must've heard the reports of him having a sinus infection previous to the Edgar fight. To a lot of us a snius infection sounds like something incredibly minor that shouldn't have been a make or break deal for a fight. But we don't really know how serious it was and everyone reacts to things differently. Bj just didn't look like he even wanted to fight that night agaisnt Edgar. Also, it's not like Bj did bad agianst Frankie at all. The only reason it looks like he did terrible is because were so used to seeing him just dominate. Frankie won that fight 3/2 on the scorecards by every judge (I think? but I'm pretty sure at least 2 judges gave him 3/2, speaking of the rounds the judges gave him). I don't know, we'll just see how he performs in his next fight. As for who takes the rematch? I really have no idea. It just depends on how much Bj wants his title back, because I know Frankie is gonna fight like hell to keep his belt. So unless Bj comes in there looking for blood, it's Frankie all the way.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
Bj doesn't seem that different to me, to me he's always been a fighter who's "hot and cold". You've all must've heard the reports of him having a sinus infection previous to the Edgar fight. To a lot of us a snius infection sounds like something incredibly minor that shouldn't have been a make or break deal for a fight. But we don't really know how serious it was and everyone reacts to things differently. Bj just didn't look like he even wanted to fight that night agaisnt Edgar. Also, it's not like Bj did bad agianst Frankie at all. The only reason it looks like he did terrible is because were so used to seeing him just dominate. Frankie won that fight 3/2 on the scorecards by every judge (I think? but I'm pretty sure at least 2 judges gave him 3/2, speaking of the rounds the judges gave him). I don't know, we'll just see how he performs in his next fight. As for who takes the rematch? I really have no idea. It just depends on how much Bj wants his title back, because I know Frankie is gonna fight like hell to keep his belt. So unless Bj comes in there looking for blood, it's Frankie all the way.
THIS.

BJ, fit, will destroy Edgar, mark my words. And BJ is hot and cold, read his book, its just his way. I don't get the BJ hate, he's the best LW in the world, although not currently recognise for it, and he's a good dude.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
THIS.

BJ, fit, will destroy Edgar, mark my words. And BJ is hot and cold, read his book, its just his way. I don't get the BJ hate, he's the best LW in the world, although not currently recognise for it, and he's a good dude.
I never hated BJ until GSP vs BJ 2.

To the death Georges! :sarcastic12:

Thats all I gotta say.

·
-Raids Into Transylvania-
3,029 Posts
I never hated BJ until GSP vs BJ 2.

To the death Georges! :sarcastic12:

Thats all I gotta say.
GSP KNOWS Bj has a Vaseline allergy.

B.J. Penn's camp has filed a formal complaint with the Nevada State Athletic Commission over Vaseline that was allegedly rubbed on Georges St. Pierre's back between rounds one and two. UFC president Dana White said at the post-fight press conference that he was aware of the complaint, and said he personally witnessed members of the commission take the Vaseline away from GSP's camp and rebuke them in the Octagon between rounds.

"I saw the commission jump up there and flip out," said Dana White. "They said one of the guys was rubbing Vaseline on Georges' back in between rounds. It was one and two, I think."

"The guys from the athletic commission went up there and started screaming at them, knocked the Vaseline and kicked the Vaseline out of the Octagon."

White added that "some Vaseline on a guy's back didn't change the outcome of that fight, but you don't do it," and said the blame should fall on the cornerman responsible and not GSP.

"If a guy was intentionally putting Vaseline on a guy's back, he should never corner a mixed martial arts fight again."

As for what becomes of the complaint now, White said it's out of his hands.

"Who knows. That's up to the commission."

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
GSP KNOWS Bj has a Vaseline allergy.
Jeeze. The grease thing again? Watch that fight again with an un-biased mind. The grease did not make a difference.

That has nothing to do with BJ claiming he was going to school GSP and fight to the death. He should have said "To the death Georges, so long as you don't put Vaseline on your back. Because that will totally make the difference in this fight!"

·
Registered
319 Posts
BJ seems a completely different person since GSP Penn II. He's been unerringly polite and gracious, but gone through strange mood swings where he's seemingly amped up for one fight (Diego), then sluggish and unmotivated the next (Frankie).

He doesn't really smile that much, he doesn't seem cocky, he just seems emotionally flat.

My suspicion is that he wants to retire.

Conclusion: GSP sapped his will to compete.
Good point, I think he's tired of fighting, but is also may be a little on the manic/depressive side?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is it just me or does Penn sound like he'd burst into tears at any moment?
He had moist eyes and swallowed at the end, also he seemed to be breathing out of his mouth more than his nose by the way his voice sounded. Maybe he just got up, or had a cold.

BJ had a huge ego, he saw himself as the greatest fighter that ever lived and after his second fight with GSP he may have realised he will never be able to beat him. That wake up call must have been devastating to his self image.

·
Banned
5,115 Posts
Jeeze. The grease thing again? Watch that fight again with an un-biased mind. The grease did not make a difference.

That has nothing to do with BJ claiming he was going to school GSP and fight to the death. He should have said "To the death Georges, so long as you don't put Vaseline on your back. Because that will totally make the difference in this fight!"
I think you need to watch the fight again. You can clearly see that the greasing did have an effect on the fight and favoured GSP.

You can clearly see GSP easily just slipping from BJ's guard, there are tonnes of videos out there showing it. Now, BJ Penn is known for his infamous guard. Look at the GSP/PENN 1st fight. GSP couldnt even get close to passing BJ's guard, so instead he just layed in his guard and squeaked out a decision. Then in their second fight, he can just slip right out of BJ's guard?

Im not saying BJ would of won the fight if GSP didnt grease, but it definitely had an effect on the fight. BJ stated that his game plan was not to not worry about the take down, because he felt so comfortable from his back and in his guard. GSP just slipped right out.

Which ever way you look at it though it is cheating and GSP has the audacity to go around saying that other fighters are not true mixed martial artist.

·
Let Me Bang Bro
1,967 Posts
Every one hates Bj so much because they love Gsp way to much

Reactions: hitmachine44

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I agree with pretty much all of this statement... except, one of the judges had it 50-45 for Frankie, which is just retarded. I do think Frankie won, but not five to zero. As for the rematch. I just have a strange feeling that if BJ wins, he will retire... if he loses, I think he'll go back to WW. BJ will not end his career on a high profile loss.

But as the quoted statement says. Frankie is arguably the most dangerous champion in the UFC simply because if you think about the five champs, I would bet anything it means more to him then any of them.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
whats with the bj hate the guys a legend one of the posts said "undeserved" title shot how can it be undeserved when he smashed his whole division for years and then was beaten by edgar dont understand the hate for him
Look at the title shot history of Penn and you'll realize what I mean. Most of those are totally undeserved, even Randy has worked more for his and I'd admit most of Randy's shots were freebies too.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I argued vehemently against the BJ fanatics when they raised accusations the first time around. And the second time around. And the third, and so on.

But now that the heat of the moment has passed, so to speak, I believe there is strong evidence albeit circumstantial, that GSP greased. Cornermen, cutmen, other camps, Florian, the Gracies, among others, have all pointed the finger. Not only at GSP, but at Greg Jackson fighters as well.

Sherk, Hughes, Serra ("he was slippery"), BJ Penn, Kenny Florian, among others, have all stated that GSP greases. Sour grapes? Possibly. But when that many fighters say the exact same thing at different times, in different contexts, a suspicion becomes more credible.

It's either a conspiracy to point the finger at GSP for whatever reason, or, he has in fact greased.

·
"I
6,923 Posts
I think you need to watch the fight again. You can clearly see that the greasing did have an effect on the fight and favoured GSP.

You can clearly see GSP easily just slipping from BJ's guard, there are tonnes of videos out there showing it. Now, BJ Penn is known for his infamous guard. Look at the GSP/PENN 1st fight. GSP couldnt even get close to passing BJ's guard, so instead he just layed in his guard and squeaked out a decision. Then in their second fight, he can just slip right out of BJ's guard?

Im not saying BJ would of won the fight if GSP didnt grease, but it definitely had an effect on the fight. BJ stated that his game plan was not to not worry about the take down, because he felt so comfortable from his back and in his guard. GSP just slipped right out.

Which ever way you look at it though it is cheating and GSP has the audacity to go around saying that other fighters are not true mixed martial artist.
I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with BJ's "unpassable guard" being passed because GSP was greased and everything to do with BJ getting his face caved in the entire round. When you catch elbows with your face for 10 minutes, your guard tends to slip. Especially when those elbows are coming from a man who is built like a brick shit house and outweighs you by at LEAST 25 lbs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.