Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Who's entrance song was better?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's done and over with, but I just got to thinking...Do you guys remember these entrances? I'm talking about the songs for the most part. They both picked probably the absolute best songs possible for their entrances. I could not imagine any other songs more fitting than the ones they picked to come out on. BJ came out with Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" and Hughes came out to "Country Boy Can Survive" from Hank Williams, Jr.

As soon as BJ's song started playing my face lit the **** up. We all know the song, we all have heard it dozens of times, we all know the words, and we all love it! It was so perfect for BJ, I don't know why, it just seems to be HIS theme for some reason. Maybe it's just me. I don't know but this entrance got me so ****ing pumped that I still get pumped thinking about how pumped I got! And it just made it cooler seeing him smack himself in the face and singing along. It made the fight 10x better for me. Now everytime I hear that song on the radio, I think of this fight and think of my favorite fighter and it starts getting me pumped like I was the night I watched the fight.

Then Hughes comes out, and Hank Williams starts playing and I'm like "no way haha!" What other song would Hughes have came out to I mean it's like I already knew before it happened. I couldn't imagine him coming out to anything else. It just was a perfect retaliation to Penn's awesome entrance. It wasn't exciting for me, and it didn't get me pumped...but I had to give him props on that because it was just perfect.

What did you guys think of the songs they picked? Who's was better?

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
It would have been better if Penn would have entered to "Day The Hawaiians Took Over" (ex: UFC 46 & 58) - now THAT song fits him perfectly...plus the beat is f'n sick.

I have to admit though...the volcano erupting and the lava effect around the arena was pretty cool to see in person.

Hughes' entrance? Who cares now...? He's used this song ever since UFC 46, so I knew what he would enter to before the event card was even finalized. :D

Hughes will never EVER use anything different. The song fits him perfectly, and plays right along with his country boy persona.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TREY B. said:
It would have been better if Penn would have entered to "Day The Hawaiians Took Over" (ex: UFC 46 & 58) - now THAT song fits him perfectly...plus the beat is f'n sick.

I have to admit though...the volcano erupting and the lava effect around the arena was pretty cool to see in person.

Hughes' entrance? Who cares now...? He's used this song ever since UFC 46, so I knew what he would enter to before the event card was even finalized. :D

Hughes will never EVER use anything different. The song fits him perfectly, and plays right along with his country boy persona.
Oh, haha, I knew Hughes has used that song once before but I didn't realize he uses it every time...Its hard to hear the music at the bar where I watch the PPVs i don't wanna pay for, I guess I just never noticed before :laugh:

·
Banned
145 Posts
i hate Country boy Can survive!!
everytime i hear that crap song i want to punch Matt Hughes in the face

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man, I feel like a dumbass...I really had no idea Hughes uses that song every time...I've only bought one other PPV with him and it was the first fight with Penn. All the other PPVs I see him in are at the bar, and I can't hear shit there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.