Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Matt Hughes

Votes: 21 87.5%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BJ displayed some of the best bjj ive ever seen against Hughes..You cant find a better grappling match in this division, than BJ vs Royce..BJ doesnt have the stregnth to simply over power royce like Matt did, so I think this would be a great fight..ill take BJ in a close one..PS ON THE OPTION WHERE IT SAYS ROYCE GRACIE OR MATT HUGHES, IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BJ VOTE HUGHES..I WROTE HUGES BY MISTAKE

·
Registered
877 Posts
I would probably go with BJ Penn for two reasons. First reason is obviously the age factor. I believe Royce is about 10 years older than Penn (correct me if im wrong).
Second reason is I would think Penn's standup game is better than Gracie's.

But I would be cheering for royce Gracie.

·
Registered
181 Posts
BJ's BJJ is better than Royce's...plus hes a better striker...only way that Royce wins the fight is if its one of those no-limit fights ala what he had when he fought Saku and outlast BJ...

·
Registered
240 Posts
omg i would ove to see this fight i would deff take bj becaue royce is old and past his prime and looked terrible against huges. bj looked alot better against huges and actually landed a punch:thumbsup:

·
Registered
222 Posts
If Royce was allowed groin shots or hair pulling I would go with him. If not BJ Penn all the way.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Well seeing BJs condition after 2 rounds of a fight, I think if anyone last 2 rounds with him they have a chance. It would be hard for BJ to submit Royce, after seeing Royce tough out Matts kimura and Royce has a good chin. So I think this would be a very interesting fight. I bet Penns a little to much for Royce nowadays tho as Hughes was.

·
Registered
60 Posts
asskicker said:
Well seeing BJs condition after 2 rounds of a fight, I think if anyone last 2 rounds with him they have a chance. It would be hard for BJ to submit Royce, after seeing Royce tough out Matts kimura and Royce has a good chin. So I think this would be a very interesting fight. I bet Penns a little to much for Royce nowadays tho as Hughes was.
Condition, condition, condition. Will people stop going on about condition in the Hughs/Penn fight. The guy injured his ribs and couldn't breath properly let alone fight.

·
Registered
77 Posts
bj....gracie is to old doesnt have the striking bj has.

yah i would love to see a gracie shamrock fight the 2 guys from the begining fight again

·
Registered
60 Posts
asskicker said:
I didnt know BJ injured his rib.
Asskicker, I am not having a go mate its just that all have read on this forum over the past 2 days is about BJ's fatigue and stamina running out. It must make sense to you now why he came out in the 3rd and wasn't up for it.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Bush said:
Asskicker, I am not having a go mate its just that all have read on this forum over the past 2 days is about BJ's fatigue and stamina running out. It must make sense to you now why he came out in the 3rd and wasn't up for it.
Ok I wasnt arguing at all. I was simply stating I was unaware that his rib was injured, and that Ill take that into account.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.