Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone enlighten me on when BJ will be back in the UFC....

Did he sign a one or 3 fight deal ???

Who will he fight next ???

Its been 3 UFC's now without BJ and im wondering how many more....

·
Registered
3 Posts
BJ Penn

Bjj Penn is not returning to the U.F.C anytime soon. If he beat St. Pierr he would have been up for a title shot.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
damn that sux..if he went down to 155 he would be the champion for life..it wouldnt be fair

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe BJ should go in at 155 and whoop sherk/k.flo and the boys...

Seriously good idea seeing as he used to fight there.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
I wouldn't be opposed to B.J. moving down to 155. I don't see it happening though. I heard somewhere that he said how he's happy fighting where he is now. Probably is just sick of cutting. 155 would be F'N STACKED if he moved down there though.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
speaking of cutting, i guess the diesel does it as well as any. When can we see Mr Riggs back fighting in the UFC ???

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Well Riggs was at 60 and got caught in the Swickatine....im not so sure hes recovered yet lol......im a huge fan of the Diesel though, would love to see him come back soon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rumor from MMA weekly

UFC 64: OCTOBER 14 IN LAS VEGAS

-Rich Franklin vs. TBA (possibly Anderson Silva) for the UFC Middleweight Title
-Tim Sylvia vs. TBA (possibly Jeff Monson) for the UFC Heavyweight Title
-BJ Penn vs. TBA

CTFlyingKnee said:
Well Riggs was at 60 and got caught in the Swickatine....im not so sure hes recovered yet lol......im a huge fan of the Diesel though, would love to see him come back soon

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was wondering the same thing when is BJ coming back? I was looking but couldn't find anything on it, oh yeah BJ would be the 155 champ until he died

·
True Grappler
6,222 Posts
hughes915 said:
Rumor from MMA weekly

UFC 64: OCTOBER 14 IN LAS VEGAS

-Rich Franklin vs. TBA (possibly Anderson Silva) for the UFC Middleweight Title
-Tim Sylvia vs. TBA (possibly Jeff Monson) for the UFC Heavyweight Title
-BJ Penn vs. TBA
I doubt that Sylvia/Monson will be as soon as UFC 64. I don't expect them to have 2 title fights with the amount of money that Dana's making from having just one. As much as I'd like to see it, I doubt it will happen.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't count Sherk out as a contender against BJ. IMO Sherk vs. BJ would be very good fight. I really hope it happens. Sherk will be a terror at 155. His record as a WW is 29-2.

·
Banned
495 Posts
gduff2 said:
Don't count Sherk out as a contender against BJ. IMO Sherk vs. BJ would be very good fight. I really hope it happens. Sherk will be a terror at 155. His record as a WW is 29-2.
He could probably be the champ at that weight maybe the next Matt Hughes.Unless Bj got a shot at him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sherk is tough by all means, but no even close to the class that Bj is in, like i said BJ would hold the title until he died

·
Registered
669 Posts
haha untill he gets lazy like he did against GSP eh?

You BJ Fans really suprise me on how much you believe in him after this last fight. I think Sherk vs Penn would be a great fight, but i am a Sherk fan so i think Sherk would win. I think he's WAY to strong for Penn.

·
Registered
44 Posts
putmeonhold said:
BJ Sucks, end of story
Yeah. Wins over Hughes, Uno, Serra, Ludwig, Gomi, Rodrigo and Renzo Gracie.. but he sucks...:rolleyes:

·
The American Psycho
6,945 Posts
BJ Penn is probably up for the title after the Hughes vs St. Pierre match.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
dont count bj out just cuz he was out of shape against gsp..he has no flaws other thatn being out of shape..if he got down to 155 he'd be in awesome shape and kill everyone..sherk is a real tuff guy but bj is a complete fighter, no weaknesses at all..the best bjj in the ufc and devastating power and fast hands..he has a short reach , thats the only flaw i can find..i think he is gonna fight the winner of karo and diego..he'll beat both those guys and than get his shot at the winner of huges gsp...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i hope your right jdun11, Thats a great way to setup the 170 class. BJ to get Karo hopefully, then BJ and Matt or GSP - That would be kick ass. Would be good for UFC ratings bigtime - plus Matt Hughes might finally get a couple of serious fights.

·
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
5,066 Posts
IF IF IF IF IF,,,,,,,,, BJ Penn could do this and could do that "if" he does this and if he does that.

I could be the best fighter in the world IF I did a lot of things, but I don't.

BJ Penn lacks something that he had years ago. It is something that he needs to get back before he even deserves a shot at a title. He has no desire to be champion or work to be one. He thinks it should be given to him. I do not respect him for that and also how he responded when the judges ruled against him in the GSP fight. I am not a fan of BJs and I think he would be beaten badly by Hughes, GSP, Karo, and Diego. Until he proves he has the determination to traiin properly and come to the fight in fighting condition he will not (and should not) get good fights nor fight well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts