Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gosh I hate this guy. Does anyone have that clip where he calls out Wanderlei Silva and wants to fight him? That wasn't even funny. BJ Penn is such an idiot. Plus that time where he has Phil Collins for his theme song and said against Hughes it will be like playing human chicken :laugh:. Hes a very good fighter but has the smallest brain ever. Anyone agree? If not tell me why.

·
canadian champ
1,522 Posts
He's a dork. But he is a amzaing fighter. He fights many weight classes and has beat some amazing competitors. He demolished hughes and took it to gsp. Your right he himself is a dork, but he's a good fighter.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
Yea he's a goof but that why I like him. I would love for you to say that to him face-to-face though. Haha. He would tear you up. There's no point to judging a fighter on his personality though. He's a fighter. Focus on the fighting ability, because when it comes to BJ, there's a lot of it. He's not on TUF so he's not trying to make friends or impress you with his snappy comebacks. He's there to fight and I highly doubt he has a care in the world if someone thinks he's a dork for what he says prefight and postfight. His fighting abilities more than make up for his goofy personality.

I think a lot of fighters are goofy, annoying, or whatever but that's not why I watch MMA and the same should go for you if you are a true MMA fan. Remember this isn't The Real World, it's full contact mixed martial arts.

Also, for the record, BJ could probably beat Wanderlei if he can avoid at least a few knees, take him down, and keep him down because Silva loses all of his fights when he gets put on his back for most of them and I don't think BJ would have too much trouble keeping him down there.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 6'3 and only 14 years old. So when I grow up to be 20 which is when I can say it to Penns face I'll probably be 6'8 or maybe a little more. He can't tear up anyone that huge. Maybe knock me out but can't take me down to the ground which is his strategy.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Rush said:
I'm 6'3 and only 14 years old. So when I grow up to be 20 which is when I can say it to Penns face I'll probably be 6'8 or maybe a little more. He can't tear up anyone that huge. Maybe knock me out but can't take me down to the ground which is his strategy.
no offense but is this person really saying what Bj Penn can and cant do to him LOL

Grow up kid, Bj would demolish you 6'3 or 6'8 just because you dont like his personality dont go around thinking your better then him because your not even close to his level.

·
Registered
30 Posts
bj penn

I think GSP won the fight on points, but if you go by looks alone, BJ Penn destroyed GSP in the first round, and the for a majority of the stand up. I think he would dominate 155. This is just another example of a fight that should have gone five rounds. They need to go to the commission now that they have Ratner on board and get a few select title fights go five rounds. BJ Penn Vs St Pierre should be fought again. Maybe if GSP can get past Hughes, but he'd have to get lucky and catch Hughes back. I said all along that Matt would destroy Royce, but did anybody listen. The best gracie fighter was renzio, or whatever the bald guys name is. He rocked the house in Pride.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve-d said:
no offense but is this person really saying what Bj Penn can and cant do to him LOL

Grow up kid, Bj would demolish you 6'3 or 6'8 just because you dont like his personality dont go around thinking your better then him because your not even close to his level.
We'll see about that once I'm 20 in the octagon fighting as a heavyweight...No need to be cocky but I'm pretty strong for my age. BJ is quite small and he can't beat people as tall as 6'8. If you saw him fight someone like Semmy Schildt, Tim Sylvia, or Gan McGee he wouldn't come close.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Not that i class him in the same league but werent similar comments made when the one and only Gracie fought against men twice the size? He proved it can happen, mind you the heavier wieghts can submit and wrestle to a much better capability than Gracies day.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Well now that I know that you're 14, I guess I'll just stop arguing with you because you know everything.:laugh: :laugh:
Yep this is from probably a ten year old BJ Penn fan. At least I'm a teen and not 10 like you. Sorry but you had to ruffle my feathers.

·
I eat babies
7,647 Posts
You have to go through puberty before you get your feathers, :cheeky4: but anyway I don't want to keep doing this I'll let you have the last word since it's inevitable for someone your age. So your next retalliation post will probably not be replied to by me cuz I'm bored with it now. I don't know you and I'm not trying to make enemies on this forum but I think you are about the only one who agrees with what you're saying...all your other posts are fine but this one is just asking to get argued. Actually any post criticizing BJ Penn is pretty much worthless since all the facts and stats completely disprove any negative statement you can say about one of the most complete and best fighters pound-for-pound in MMA.

And the fact that you accused me of being a 10 year old makes me think you might be younger than what you're claiming because that was a pretty childish rebuttle. I'll give you 6 years to come up with a better one.

On another note, I do like your new pic for your signature. That would piss me off if I was Guy Mezger. But since I'm not, it's hilarious.

·
Registered
794 Posts
well said. Dude at 14 you have lots to learn...but father time will teach you well. If you fought Bj Penn anytime in the next 5 years id put my house on BJ to beat your ass 6'3 6'8 or a 4'5 it aint gunna matter too much. If theres anything ive learnt from MMA over the years its that size aint the be all and end all. Ability, Heart, Skill and natural talent have a lot to do with it.

Seeing as im the worlds largest pigme man, ill take you on, at 6'1 and 95kg ill have a crack young fella !!!!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Wombatsu said:
well said. Dude at 14 you have lots to learn...but father time will teach you well. If you fought Bj Penn anytime in the next 5 years id put my house on BJ to beat your ass 6'3 6'8 or a 4'5 it aint gunna matter too much. If theres anything ive learnt from MMA over the years its that size aint the be all and end all. Ability, Heart, Skill and natural talent have a lot to do with it.

Seeing as im the worlds largest pigme man, ill take you on, at 6'1 and 95kg ill have a crack young fella !!!!
ok .. whats the conversion to pounds for 95kg?????

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude I'm 14 and I am bigger than you Wombatsu but know nothing. I can't just go ahead fighting adults over the internet. BJ Penn is an awesome fighter but what I meant is the things he does are very idiotic.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Rush said:
Dude I'm 14 and I am bigger than you Wombatsu but know nothing. I can't just go ahead fighting adults over the internet. BJ Penn is an awesome fighter but what I meant is the things he does are very idiotic.
your taller then me as well.. So whats your point? size is not everything in a fight.. size means only one thing.. your big.. thats it... its not even an indicator of strength.. just means you pay more for clothes and shoes.. thats about it.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Don said:
just means you pay more for clothes and shoes.. thats about it.
No, everyone pays the same amount for the same type clothes and shoes...the thread about BJ Penn is going severely off topic, lol.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Rush said:
No, everyone pays the same amount for the same type clothes and shoes...the thread about BJ Penn is going severely off topic, lol.
not true and true... When you get too big you need to go to a specility shop... and they charge more becasue more fabric is needed... plus your choices become severely limited... and yea this has gone a bit off topic.. but least its not becasue of people arguing over stupid stuff

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My clothes don't cost more I'm a Mens Xtra Large and my shoes are size 11 Nike 2K5 Air Zoom Hurache. But I got them cheap at the Nike Outlet in Oregon :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Rush said:
My clothes don't cost more I'm a Mens Xtra Large and my shoes are size 11 Nike 2K5 Air Zoom Hurache. But I got them cheap at the Nike Outlet in Oregon :thumbsup:.
well no I did not mean you specifically.. your not too tall yet.. but see what happenes if you rach 7+ feet... ask shaq when the last time he did not NEED his clothes custom made... or Kareem when he was able to find a pair of pants off the rack that fit...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts