Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

100% worth the minute it takes to watch.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
This is an example of the difference between MMA and all of the other mainstream sports. MMA is a blue collar sport where people work for everything that they get and literally fight for their pay. These other mainstream sports with their unions get lots of money and an off season and make millions for their however many months they play.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the difference between the UFC and other mainstream sports is. Dana White isn't corrupt enough to censor or control the public opinions of his athletes. Like Vince McMahon is doing to WWE wrestlers right now.

Give it time though. Eventually we could see no professional sports where athletes retain their freedom of speech.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
It seems like the big four sports are where they have the most freedom of speech considering they are all taking a knee during the national anthem and have BLM all over their courts and their shirts. WWE though I think is definitely overextending their control there.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How could the big four sports have the most freedom when they can't promote anything other than #BLM content.

edit:

Well, they could promote things other than #BLM. But they would probably be fired for it. Or face some other type of backlash.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
Oh yeah I didn't think about it that way. Dana White on the other hand allows any fighter to promote what he wants as long as it's narrowed down to verbal and hand gestures and doesn't cause too much controversy. In the big four, BLM is all that they're talking about.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
Well remember there was that one gal who had an internship which was terminated once she threatened to stab anyone who publicly stated All Lives Matter again. Then she had a whiny fit online about how she got fired about making that threat. I think it's a disgrace that not only she made that threat but then doesn't understand her firing.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember that.

Do you ever worry about Colin Kaepernick when the media doesn't report on his "deep thoughts" every 5 seconds.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
Honestly I couldn't care less about the guy considering he's got that deal with Disney and is basically being spoon fed right now. Then he goes and whines and complains about the NFL using him in what he's calling their "propaganda" relating to the NFL's social justice agendas. Let's also remember he's been nominated to the NFL Hall of Fame.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My above comment was meant as a sarcastic joke btw.

I wonder how relevent Colin Kaepernick would be if he couldn't be used to push potliical agendas.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
That is a very good question because nowadays that's his only gig. He tried out for a NFL quarterback position again last year but still hasn't been signed. His only purpose right now is as a figurehead and outside of that let's face it, he's irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did anyone notice Tom Brady of patriots fame was replaced by a black quarterback in Cam Newton as #BLM nonsense.

I agree Kaepernick is irrelevent.

The only reason he has support is billionaires with agendas throwing piles of money and influence behind those #BLM campaigns.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
I don't think Tom Brady being replaced on the Patriots with Cam Newton had anything to do with BLM considering all of that was fully in motion before the George Floyd incident. Bellechek genuinely believed that he could do something with Cam Newton. But yeah Kaepernick is irrelevant when it comes to football. And yeah he has billionaire support.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The owner of the new england patriots never missed a game since 1995. Yesterday's game was the 1st game he missed in over 20 years.

That's the 1st indication there is a political narrative surrounding Tom Brady leaving and being replaced by a black guy. Identical to white comic book characters being replaced by minorities. And what would normally be characters with christian beliefs being replaced by ones who are muslim instead.

But there are many other indications its a thing.

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
It may have been political for the Patriots to not renew Tom Brady and pick up Cam Newton but again, I don't think it had to do with BLM issues. Those other issues maybe certainly true and will have a negative effect but the Brady and Newton situation is not one of them. Like I said Newton was a starting quarterback with the Panthers.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's a chance Robert Kraft was forced to replace Tom Brady with Cam Newton.

In exchange for leniency in this legal case:

·
The Title Guy
17,185 Posts
Yeah I agree that the wokeness in the NFL has gone out of control but I really think you're being a little conspiratorial on this here. Cam Newton is by no means a bad quarterback and him replacing Tom Brady to me makes sense if Bill can work with him. He did shape Tom Brady he can shape Cam Newton.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Tom Kraft had his dream team with Tom Brady. Why would he trade his guy for a complete stranger.

Everywhere you look democrats are tearing down monuments to make it easier for them to rewrite history in their own image.

The role the patriots played as a "pro Trump NFL team" that won gold. That's not a historical monument the left were likely to leave intact.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts