Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know whats going on with Bobby Lashley?? The UFC snapped up Brock Lesnar right away so i dont see why there's no fuss being made with Lashley. They are matched on wrestling skills but Lashley is more athletic and has beat Jason Guida, Wes Sims from "TUF10" and Sapp with ease. Surely he has great potential like they thaught with Lesnar. Does he not take it as serious as the other guys or what in terms of wanting to be a pro?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Lashley wasn't as big of a name star in WWE as Brock (which was a huge part of Brock getting into the UFC so quick). Personally I don't think he is as athletic and I would say Brock has more functional strength. Also are you sure they're equal in wrestling? I thought Bobby was a Army wrestling champion (and not at HW) which doesn't carry as much prestige as a Div-1 champion. The guys he beat aren't really anybody special (though Brock's first win wasn't either). Also Lashley just recently decided to fully dedicate himself to MMA, he was in TNA for a while wrestling while training for his last MMA fight.
But he might get into the UFC one day. I was hopeing he would of been on TUF10 but that didn't happen.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bobby Lashley is an exceptional athlete and has all the tools to be successful in the future. The only problem is that he is getting on in age a little (33). Unless he like Brock gets shot straight into title contention and has the skills to back it up I fear that he will be destined to be a special attraction.

Added to that I think he pissed away a year or so being in TNA, it didn't raise his profile much as most of his notoriety is still based on his WWE career. His last fight wasn't all that great either, facing a fighter on a couple of days notice. He isn't scheduled on the April card either so I hope he's training hard otherwise time might just run out.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Lashley is on record even doubting his own ability. Stating things like "I'm not ready." It's quite obvious he wants an easier path in MMA and I don't think he'll ever be where Lesnar is now. He's just not as gifted naturally and doesn't seem to have the same competitive drive. The guy was still doing pro wrestling in the middle of his MMA training.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Lashley is on record even doubting his own ability. Stating things like "I'm not ready." It's quite obvious he wants an easier path in MMA and I don't think he'll ever be where Lesnar is now. He's just not as gifted naturally and doesn't seem to have the same competitive drive. The guy was still doing pro wrestling in the middle of his MMA training.
he's even gone as far as ducking certain fighters. i remember for his last fight with strikeforce he'd only be willing to fight certain opponents, all of which were pretty much cans.

i doubt lashley will make it far in MMA, as soon as he fights some credible opponents he'll get exposed.

·
Banned
193 Posts
well bobby lashley is the one who said he doesn't wanna go to the UFC right away, he said wants to build his skills and experience before entering an organization like the ufc

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Beating Sapp isn't really saying that much, considering Sapp has been destroyed by guys half his size (multiple times), so it's practically an unfair disadvantage for Sapp to face someone as big as Lashley :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Brock was WWE Champion, Headlined a Wrestlemania against one of the greatest proffesional wrestlers, and probably just wrestlers, ever in kurt angle. Bobby fought umaga for donald trumps hair... see how much less appetizing that is as a special attraction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts