Jones (-115) VS Machida
Jones (-130) VS Rampage
Jones (-150) VS Bader
Jones (-190) VS Lil Nog

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bones will murder all of them! Just give him time. He will be the one to bring balance to the LHW title. :thumb02:
Ya but it's fun to play oddsmaker.

He's building a resume for contendership, but he's doing it in ridiculous fashion - people just like wins and losses. There's no question the above mentioned would all be favorites over the Hammil and Vera, but I don't see any rag dolling these 'gatekeepers' in the fashion Bones has.

That's where the money would go IMO right now, perhaps higher in the future. Bader will have fought a bunch of non 'top-10s' till he fights Lil Nog, and will likely be the oddsmaker favorite at UFC 121. After this next BONES' next fight (where he's like a 6:1 favorite), he's going to be pitted against one of these guys next.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I can see Jones vs. Lil Nog in the not to distant future, if they both get past their next opponents.

Jones will be Champ one day, I'd put my house on it.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I think Rua and Machida are the only real interesting ones for him. He has proven time and again, if you stand infront of him he will hit you with something you haven't seen/expected and then he will rag doll you. Rua and Machida come in from different angles and are probably the most complete fighters at 205. Bones is very good and I hope he does suffer a real loss soon, one in the next 2-3 fights, because I think a real loss would make him push his limits even further. But at 205, especially for someone not currently in title contention, he is one of the most completely and well rounded fighters in MMA today.

·
WIDE OPEN
3,973 Posts
I think JBJ will have weight cutting problems in the future.

I know this is silly of me, a non-wrestler who does not so frequently cut weight to say, but Bones is HUGE. He is going to eventually have a camp where he puts on a litttttle too much muscle, and the cut is a littttttle too much, and that will be his first real loss. Just a hunch. Other than that, I would assume if Vera was throwing up armbars he would have at least had a few chances to see how Jones handles that in his fight. Unfortunately, the ultimate king of "I can't pull the trigger" - Brandon Vera, did nothing on the ground and waited to get the crazy bones elbow of doom.

It's so impossible for me to judge those odds :( I can't wait to see the matchups though.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
There's no way Bones would be favored against all those guys as of now. He's my favorite fighter but realistically i cant see Vegas pitting Bones as the favorite against the current champ and other elite fighters. This is how i would predict the odds:

Jones (+200) VS Rua
Jones (+110) VS Evans
Jones (+150) VS Machida
Jones (-130) VS Rampage
Jones (-150) VS Bader
Jones (-190) VS Lil Nog

·
Registered
585 Posts
He hasn't even fought Matyshenko yet and you're already talking about who he'll fight after?Oh man I just hope you dont set yourself up for disapointment

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm still not convinced that Bones can deal with an elite striker or an elite BJJ guy. His recent fight's have proven he is a great takedown and GnP fighter with enough strengths in other areas to keep his opponent's honest.

I agree in principle that he has something for anybody in the LHW division, but we still haven't seen enough him, just amazing tantalizing glimpses.

I'm sort of pissed at Dana that he hasn't been thrown to the Wolves yet. I guess he's getting milked for as much as possible, while LHW division is still deep and has star power.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Jones +140 vs. Rua
Jones +60 vs. Lyoto
Jones +60 vs. Evans
Jones -120 vs. Rampage
Jones -160 vs. Lil Nog
Jones -160 vs. Thiago Silva
Jones -240 vs. Forrest
Jones -240 vs. Bader

All in all, I rate the odds very close for anyone in that division.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Jones +140 vs. Rua
Jones +60 vs. Lyoto
Jones +60 vs. Evans
Jones -20 vs. Rampage
Jones -60 vs. Lil Nog
Jones -60 vs. Thiago Silva
Jones -140 vs. Forrest
Jones -140 vs. Bader

All in all, I rate the odds very close for anyone in that division.
Moneylines such as -20, -60, etc dont exist. If the absolute value is less than 100 then hes not a favorite, he's an underdog...
For instance, when somebody's moneyline is -150 that means you have to bet $1.50 to win a dollar. So if somebody were to have a line of "-20" (which doesnt exist), that would mean you have to bet $.20 to win a dollar, in which case the guy would obviously be an underdog so their line should really be +500.
I hope that makes sense and clears things up.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Moneylines such as -20, -60, etc dont exist. If the absolute value is less than 100 then hes not a favorite, he's an underdog...
For instance, when somebody's moneyline is -150 that means you have to bet $1.50 to win a dollar. So if somebody were to have a line of "-20" (which doesnt exist), that would mean you have to bet $.20 to win a dollar, in which case the guy would obviously be an underdog so their line should really be +500.
I hope that makes sense and clears things up.
Thanks dude, I must've learned that wrong somewhere >.<.
:shame02:

·
It's a league game, Smokey
8,258 Posts
You have Jones as the faverite against more seasoned fighters who have beat more seasoned fighters. I'd put Jones as the faverite vs. Lil Nog, Bader, and even odds agasint Rampage. I think your odds are way off for Machida, Rua, and Evans. Jones would be at least + vs all three of them. No clue how you can think he could be a faverite vs. them.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I think Bones would find a fight like Machida easier than Rampage. I think Jones could thorugh Machida about but Rampage would just be too strong.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I think Bones would find a fight like Machida easier than Rampage. I think Jones could thorugh Machida about but Rampage would just be too strong.
Jones's Greco-Roman throws arent based on strength, theyre based on leverage. He would have an easier time throwing Rampage than Machida considering that Machida has been training Sumo since age 3 and hasnt been thrown by anybody in the UFC.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Jon Jones would take down Shogun and hold him down. The only guy who hasn't been taken down in the LHW division is Lyoto Machida--I would really love to see if Jon's wrestling is good enough to take him down.

To me Shogun is much easier to gameplan for than Machida. He's basically been unable to stop any takedowns by a high level wrestler.

·
Registered
34 Posts
IMO

Jones (-110) VS Rua
Jones (-115) VS Evans
Jones (-115) VS Machida
Jones (-130) VS Rampage
Jones (-150) VS Bader
Jones (-190) VS Lil Nog
WOW , You're either a complete MORON or total NUTHUGGER .

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I think JBJ will have weight cutting problems in the future.

I know this is silly of me, a non-wrestler who does not so frequently cut weight to say, but Bones is HUGE. He is going to eventually have a camp where he puts on a litttttle too much muscle, and the cut is a littttttle too much, and that will be his first real loss. Just a hunch. Other than that, I would assume if Vera was throwing up armbars he would have at least had a few chances to see how Jones handles that in his fight. Unfortunately, the ultimate king of "I can't pull the trigger" - Brandon Vera, did nothing on the ground and waited to get the crazy bones elbow of doom.

It's so impossible for me to judge those odds :( I can't wait to see the matchups though.
Jones does not usually walk around that heavy. He was at 230 when I talked to him and he said that was pretty heavy whenever he is not training for a fight. Griffin still does it and he walks around at 245 or something I think.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts