Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pride has an excellent rule where they deduct 10 percent of your fight earnings with a yellow card for not being active.. this is an excellent rule for making sure the fighters are entertaining the paying fans.... ufc should implement this somehow..

now for my idea: the figthers should get bonus money for TKO'ing their opponent!!! this motivates every figther to knock out their opponent and keep it entertaining! and maybe a lesser reward for submissions.. but to let it go to decision they get no bonus cash.. maybe even tko for big prizes..

this would be awesome i think.. im tired of these boring ufc fighters "most seem like amateurs" accept for the top tier fighters..

tell me what u guys think?

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is an excellent idea, reward excellent performance... But you cannot punish mistakes as that will make some cautious fighters, but rewarding them to finish early. I was almost certain they have that but I could be wrong... Great idea

·
Hammer Fist Elbow
350 Posts
It would be an interesting thing to see fighters actually trying hard for their money but many fighters would lose their jobs by not meeting the standard because the little fighters which dont have much skill but can dish out some punishment make up about 50% of the shows.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats right "matt serra fan" 50% of the people maybe more dont even have good enough skills to be in a division like this.. this will weed out the weak.. its natural selection of you will.. reward for great performances..

i believe this is why pride has the best fighters.. they are punished for not performing and entertaining the fans.. also they get paid alot.. they dont pay top dollar for cheap figthers thus these fighters know they have to be the best and it motivates them

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I like the idea too. I think decision should not be worth as much, but if they win by submission or TKO/KO I think they should get more maybe. I see where you are going, good idea but it would be hard to make this a rule.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
ricefarmer said:
pride has an excellent rule where they deduct 10 percent of your fight earnings with a yellow card for not being active.. this is an excellent rule for making sure the fighters are entertaining the paying fans.... ufc should implement this somehow..

now for my idea: the figthers should get bonus money for TKO'ing their opponent!!! this motivates every figther to knock out their opponent and keep it entertaining! and maybe a lesser reward for submissions.. but to let it go to decision they get no bonus cash.. maybe even tko for big prizes..

this would be awesome i think.. im tired of these boring ufc fighters "most seem like amateurs" accept for the top tier fighters..

tell me what u guys think?

lol

UFC already does this.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I thought i posted this with my TUF 6 figure sallary post.

They get like 5 more for winning and 5 for a KO or some crap.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
ricefarmer said:
atom danger- no they dont

i think i should get paid for this idea.. it'll probably get taken and i wont get compensated.. you heard it here first by the ricefarmer guys!

lol, go to MMAWEEKLY.com and search the archives.

look for ufc payout, or salary, some crap. They do!

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
ricefarmer said:
i remember someone posting maybe it was you.. but i just saw winner gets $$$ and looser gets $$$

nothing about extra cash

i will look for it.

it was either mmaweekly or sherdog said they get cash for KO and cash for best fight of the night.

·
Registered
464 Posts
the only issue i could see would be people trying for the KO and it messing up the match. Sometimes going for the KO isn't the smartest idea.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Oh I thought he was talking about vBookie. In real life if they gave a fighter more money for a KO, that would sort of be a good idea, fighters would deliver more harder punches, more wars, nothing to lose, etc. But we would see less wrestling and submission action which are my fights of choice. Therefore I say no.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ya ive thought of that idea to, i really think it would be a good one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts