Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am urging everyone not to order the WEC 48 PPV.
Why should we have to pay $59 for fights we used to get free on VS.? Yeah, I know it's going to be a great fight, but this is just another another example of corporate greed gone wild. Dana White and Zuffa already make millions on the UFC and now that WEC has gained popularity they want to squeeze us for even more of our hard-earned money so they can each make 2.4 million insteasd of 1.9 million this year. If we buy into this fight now, we will never see another decent live fight on VS.
PLEASE DO NOT PAY FOR THIS FIGHT ON PPV!!

Thanks for listening.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
I was mad about this too, I mean the first great WEC card that I'm hyped for and it's a PPV.....so disappointing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
while i understand your frustration about needing to shell out more money for events that have been free in the past, i am not on board with your boycott. the wec is incredibly entertaining and i want to show my support for the product they've given me for quite some time. im not excited to pay another $50 but we all need to determine individually what is acceptable to each of us and this is something i believe in. good luck in your efforts. hope a boycott doesn't damage the product's future though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
This fight being on PPV is very important if you believe in equality among fighters. It's important for the sport that it's successful and if fighters ever want to be paid like pro-athletes should, this is a good first step.

There's no shame in not being able to afford it, I'll have to split it with some buddies myself, but saying that your going to boycott them because they won't give you what you want for free is pretty ignorant IMO.

This card is going to be better than anything the UFC or Strikeforce has put on lately, so if you don't want to watch it, that's your own stupidity.

·
Banned
439 Posts
So I guess the fighters that's been entertaining you for years (at times more so than the ones on PPV) doesn't deserve to get the same or close amount of pay that the ones on PPV get?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Thread/boycott fail

·
Registered
457 Posts
OH PLEASE!

Zuffa isn't going to pay these guys any extra regardless of additional revenue.
How can you claim that? PPVs are simply there to bring in more revenues. Sure these fighters won't get a fair piece of the pie, but at least we can start seeing some bigger stars getting closer to 6 figure fights in the future.

Cheapness can't argue with business. WEC can become a profitable monster if they are successful on the PPV side... this means better pay, bigger roster, more shows, etc.

It's a winning situation for fans IMO. UFC give us plenty of great fights on spike, whether they're repeats on unleashed or it's just a free card, we still get plenty of free fighting...

·
Registered
260 Posts
OH PLEASE!

Most of the Marquee fighters in the UFC recieve a cut of the PPV sales, WEC going to PPV is the first step in getting them similiar cheddar.

If you don't want to pay, don't watch, but be warned, if you don't pay and watch, Jesus will kick your ass when you die.

·
Banned
439 Posts
OH PLEASE!

You have proof of this? Or is just your blind hate for Zuffa or any corporate American company? As others have mentioned, Zuffa pays their top fighters on their PPV cards a slice of the pie, why wouldn't they do it for these guys?

·
Banned
820 Posts
I am going to buy the card, because I want to see these fights. Faber V. Aldo I hope will be worth it, and I am sure it will be.

·
Banned
439 Posts
okay guys, buy the card and dont forget to send them a fat juicy turkey also. so zuffa can split it amongst the fighters.
I'm definitely goint to buy the card but I don't think I'll get them a turkey. I'm sure they can buy a turkey farm if they wanted to. The point is, they have a product that people want to see and they should charge accordingly, this is a business after all. I'm sure you work for a living, do you want to render your services for free?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts