Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's just a matter of time before he gets a title shot... what do you guys think? is he on that level?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
I think he will be or is at least very close. The UFC need him to be as well, and I think he has a better shot against Sylvia than he would against AA when he was mowing down people right left and centre.

He is exciting to watch, maybe looks like he'd be naturally better at 205, which begs the question how would be do against someone the size of Sylvia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Vera could defintely fight for the title. He has so much skill its not funny. Give him another 1 or 2 fights and then throw him in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
He's easily good enough and after Jeff Monson I dont really see anyone else in the UFC in number one contender status..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Brandon Vera is a good fighter and in the future wil be a serious contender for heavyweight champion but i think its too soon to be fighting Tim or Arlovski.

Tim Sylvia is just huge Brandon will need to climb a ladder to hit his face and i think hes too inexperienced to overcome this disadvantage.

Andrai Arlovski is propberably the best Heavyweight fighter the UFC has ever had why he didnt take Sylvia down in their last fight is a mystery (Andrei shoudve won that fight) but Brandon gives away height once again but arlovski in dangerous on the ground as well as standing Brandon isnt ready for him he would lose pitifully.

But dont get me wrong with a few more fights under his belt he will be great and i believe he will hold the belt eventually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
I really dont think Brandon Vera is all he hyped up to be. It seems that his wins in the UFC were against newcomers and no-namers(unless I missed a fight and if so I retract that statement) He does not look explosive he is rather sluggish I think. But once again I could be wrong.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
110 Posts
He has a lot of potential but is a bit too over rated. People say he is the next champion and I doubt it. He will be tooled against the top three UFC heavyweights at the moment. Tim Sylvia, he would love to him in the first round. Arlovski, ko'd in the first round. And to Jeff Monson, he'll be just destroyed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,961 Posts
this shows to how pathetic the ufc heavyweight division is..look at 2 of their top contenders, u got vera who hasnt faught ne one and should be fighting at 205, and monson who was ko'd by the lightheavyweight champ..monson is so over rated its crazy..sylvia will ko him round 1 no question..and everyone is sick of seeing aa vs .sylvia so unfortunatley it looks the syvia will be champ for awhile..dana go sign a pride heavyweight please..ufc needs some depth in the division
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
jdun11 said:
this shows to how pathetic the ufc heavyweight division is..look at 2 of their top contenders, u got vera who hasnt faught ne one and should be fighting at 205, and monson who was ko'd by the lightheavyweight champ..monson is so over rated its crazy..sylvia will ko him round 1 no question..and everyone is sick of seeing aa vs .sylvia so unfortunatley it looks the syvia will be champ for awhile..dana go sign a pride heavyweight please..ufc needs some depth in the division
hmm I'd qualify for the Heavyweight division.. not sure if I'd want to though.. granted.. if they paid me enough to make it wroth possibly getting hurt so I could still take care of my family it might be worth it.. but it would have to be signifigant amount. THough with a few months training I think I could hold my own against some of the fighters in the UFC.. though honestly even though I would get whooped.. I'd love to face fedor just to say I did..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
How do people say what level brandon vera is on. He's fought like 2 or 3 UFC fights and only 7 MMA fights. I think in the future he can be something great but isn't there yet. And honestly i dont think he can handle a guy like Jeff Monson whos WAY stronger then he is.
 

·
Tim Sylvia Sucks
Joined
·
965 Posts
i think frank mir should fight Arlovski and if mir wins then he should fight the winner between vera/monson... whoever wins that fight is the #1 contender... if Arlovski beats mir which would happen then the #1 contender would be decided between vera and monson and the winner would fight sylvia... if sylvia wins, the winner of vera/monson should fight Arlovski and if Arlovski wins that he should fight sylvia again unless someone new comes along and shocks everybody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Ehhh i think AA is going to have to win more then 2 matches to get to the Belt. Mir looks so fat and out of shape he'd get pumbled by someone like AA or Vera.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
jdun11 said:
this shows to how pathetic the ufc heavyweight division is..look at 2 of their top contenders, u got vera who hasnt faught ne one and should be fighting at 205, and monson who was ko'd by the lightheavyweight champ..monson is so over rated its crazy..sylvia will ko him round 1 no question..and everyone is sick of seeing aa vs .sylvia so unfortunatley it looks the syvia will be champ for awhile..dana go sign a pride heavyweight please..ufc needs some depth in the division
Isn't Jeff Monson the heavy weight champ of abu dabi? why yes I think he is, so that says to me that he is one seriously good grappler and not at all over rated, and didn't he KO his last opponent? why yes he did. uh oh somebody is wrong
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
Cbingham said:
Isn't Jeff Monson the heavy weight champ of abu dabi? why yes I think he is, so that says to me that he is one seriously good grappler and not at all over rated, and didn't he KO his last opponent? why yes he did. uh oh somebody is wrong


Yea Monson is a beast. A LOT of people got knocked out by the heavy weight champ and most were very good. Just cuz you get knocked out doesn't mean your a bad fighter...especially when it's the champ u get knocked out by! Vera is the overrated one. Monson has won 16 in a row I don't think he's overrated one bit, if anything he's underrated and Tim Sylvia is overrated. Let's put Monson in the ring with Fedor and then put Sylvia in the ring with Fedor and see who lasts longer. Guarantee Monson lasts longer than Sylvia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,163 Posts
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Yea Monson is a beast. A LOT of people got knocked out by the heavy weight champ and most were very good. Just cuz you get knocked out doesn't mean your a bad fighter...especially when it's the champ u get knocked out by! Vera is the overrated one. Monson has won 16 in a row I don't think he's overrated one bit, if anything he's underrated and Tim Sylvia is overrated. Let's put Monson in the ring with Fedor and then put Sylvia in the ring with Fedor and see who lasts longer. Guarantee Monson lasts longer than Sylvia.
notice how it was said who lasts long.. not wins... GO FEDOR!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
In my opinion give Monson the title shot now. Don't match Mir v. Vera or Arlovski because Mir will get killed in the condition he is in right now. Arlovski needs at least 4 wins to get another title shot. So, match Arlovski v. Vera, if Vera wins ( which I highly doubt ) give him the title shot against the winner of Sylvia and Monson. Heavyweights are so thin right now, you really don't have much a choice in scheduling good fights. Mir has a long long way to go before he even thinks about the top of the ladder. Vera is an arrogant prick, I wish that they would match him with Arlovski. So Arlovski could use Vera as a stepping stone back to the top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
well guys some inside information apparently vera has only been fighting to a specific game plan for a very long time and hasnt showed the mma world what skills he can bring to the table he is suppose to be very talented and those who know him say he is the next big thing heard it before though.We will see i have heard his round kicks are devastating and could bring down many a man good luck to him.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top