Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a chance to talk to brandon for a couple minutes last night..more or less hey man hows it going and good luck and all that becaus emy muay thai class was about to begin and i didnt want to be disrespectful to my coach by being late...but hopefully ill get a chance to see him train some at the school this week..anyways the title says it all..i think brandon is going to crush frank mir..i heard yesterday that frank might have actually lost a little weight for this fight..i guess he is taking this one seriously..good idea frank..
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
I also see Vera decimating Mir. I think Mir's best days are behind him, and he'll gas soon, which will cause Vera to kick his head off. Bad matchup for Mir.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
when is frank and vera fighting?
 

·
Back In Black
Joined
·
4,185 Posts
Pogo the Clown said:
At UFC 65.


Also, don't count Mir out. Its sounds he has made great progress in his recovery. All it will take is one mistake on Veras part for Mir to get him in a submission.


Pogo
I agree when Mir is in shape. If he comes out looking like a fat piece of s*** like he did last fight, I don't see him standing a chance.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
723 Posts
At UFC 65.


Also, don't count Mir out. Its sounds he has made great progress in his recovery. All it will take is one mistake on Veras part for Mir to get him in a submission.


Pogo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pogo the Clown said:
At UFC 65.


Also, don't count Mir out. Its sounds he has made great progress in his recovery. All it will take is one mistake on Veras part for Mir to get him in a submission.


Pogo
thats what they said when he fought pa de pano..and that didnt turn out very well..brandon might shatter that leg frank messed up and retire him in shape or not..brandon has some of the hardest kicks in mma...he's here in maryland now getting in some training and one of the guys that works out with told me he's never felt anyone kick as hard as brandon kicks..mir is in big trouble..not to mention brandon is a good grappler..he learns directly from master lloyd..that says alot..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
ah man this is gonna be good. Yeah man I concur if Frank is in shape he has an excellent chance at defeating the truth. But I can see vera ending with strikes to though I dont think vera could knock out with a punch. but he could do it with a knee or kick though. If Frank plans on winning this he is got to take it to the ground quick and put a submission before vera begins to find his rythmn awesome fight im lookin forward to it
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
723 Posts
I'm really looking forward to this fight.

Vera hasn't really fought any good submission guy's (at least not in the UFC), just strikers. If Mir intends to strike than he could be in serious trouble. But if Mir gets him to the ground which I'm sure he'll have no problem doing considering his skills (thats assuming he gets back to his old self). If he does than a submission win is highly probable. But Vera is also good on the ground, but not at the level of Mir. I think this will be the sleeper fight at 65. I'm hoping Mir pulls it off.


Pogo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pogo the Clown said:
I'm really looking forward to this fight.

Vera hasn't really fought any good submission guy's (at least not in the UFC), just strikers. If Mir intends to strike than he could be in serious trouble. But if Mir gets him to the ground which I'm sure he'll have no problem doing considering his skills (thats assuming he gets back to his old self). If he does than a submission win is highly probable. But Vera is also good on the ground, but not at the level of Mir. I think this will be the sleeper fight at 65. I'm hoping Mir pulls it off.


Pogo
i kinda hope mir does get it down so brandon can show how good he is on the ground..dont forget if it goes to the ground also that master lloyd will be there to shout instructions..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
I Really think Vera is the real deal, but not at HW. He should be taking Liddells title. Vera can take a beating, and can give it back. He has enough standup to stand for a while. What I mean, is that he won't be trying to take Chuck down attempt after attempt. He'll be able to stand and size Chuck up, throw some kicks, which you don't often see against Chuck, and keep him guessing. Vera has a much better shot then Tito does at taking the title. They match up better in Vera's favor.
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
geez.....Vera is a just a little overrated on this forum...he's just cocky, is that why he's so awesome? Cuz he hasn't really faught anyone of any high calibur. His toughest opponent was a much smaller Assuerio Silva, everyone else has an almost even or losing record (Scherner 5-4, Mussi 6-3, Richard 5-7, Rivera 2-2). Except Justin Eilers and Mike Whitehead I guess, even with winning records they are still nothing to brag about. Not saying he CAN'T beat Mir, cuz I don't know how good of shape Mir is in now, but Vera is definately overrated. He is still a newcomer, he's no better than the TUF guys. If he was on TUF ya'll would hate him. Cuz he's cocky, overconfident, calls out the champ after his UFC debut, and has a decieving 7-0 record against nobodies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
geez.....Vera is a just a little overrated on this forum...he's just cocky, is that why he's so awesome? Cuz he hasn't really faught anyone of any high calibur. His toughest opponent was a much smaller Assuerio Silva, everyone else has an almost even or losing record (Scherner 5-4, Mussi 6-3, Richard 5-7, Rivera 2-2). Except Justin Eilers and Mike Whitehead I guess, even with winning records they are still nothing to brag about. Not saying he CAN'T beat Mir, cuz I don't know how good of shape Mir is in now, but Vera is definately overrated. He is still a newcomer, he's no better than the TUF guys. If he was on TUF ya'll would hate him. Cuz he's cocky, overconfident, calls out the champ after his UFC debut, and has a decieving 7-0 record against nobodies.
so if he beats mir does that make him good?? he was offered a spot on tuf and he turned it down..and who should he have fought since he's been in the ufc...i mean dont guys usually get a couple fights against decent guys before they get to fight the number top contenders?? besides arlovski and sylvia and kongo i dont see anyone else in the hw div for brandon to worry about..so why not call out the champ..
 

·
attention whore
Joined
·
14,445 Posts
I don't really think it's a case of Vera being really great, but a case of Mir being really bad nowadays. The guy could barely handle Dan Christison.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
723 Posts
Your right. People already have him demolishing Sylvia. :laugh:

I'm sure it would be a good fight but if Vera gets over confident with those leg kicks hell get KTFO ala Ricco Rodriguez.


Pogo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i cant wait til he foghts someone you guys deem good...granted eilers is ko prone..but it was still an impressive ko..and silva did go 3 rds with the current champ right?? shit pants or not that qualifies him to me, he's no can..brandon made short work of him...i hope frank comes in in great shape so maybe vera can get the respect he deserves...
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
j.farrell said:
so if he beats mir does that make him good?? he was offered a spot on tuf and he turned it down..and who should he have fought since he's been in the ufc...i mean dont guys usually get a couple fights against decent guys before they get to fight the number top contenders?? besides arlovski and sylvia and kongo i dont see anyone else in the hw div for brandon to worry about..so why not call out the champ..
Yes, if he beatsMir, then I will not call him overrated as much. Yes, guys get a couple fights against decent guys but that doesn't mean he is the greatest or as good as you say he is. There's only one #1 contender, so he has plenty of other people to fight before he calls out the champ.

For your more recent post, I never said Assuerio was a can, I actually said he was the only decent fighter he has faced. Sylvia was obviously ill during that fight, and as funny as it sounds, trying to hold your shit in during a fight will probably play a huge factor in your performance. As much as I dislike Sylvia, if he wasn't too busy trying to control his sphinkter, he could have easily finished Assuerio. Tim has finished MUCH tougher guys in his career than Assuerio Silva. Assuerio is too short for the HW division, and since Brandon didn't have bowel issues when he faught Assuerio, he finished him.

I ain't sayin Brandon is a horrible fighter, I'm just saying he is overrated and hasn't proved to be as good as his fans claim he is. Not yet anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Yes, if he beatsMir, then I will not call him overrated as much. Yes, guys get a couple fights against decent guys but that doesn't mean he is the greatest or as good as you say he is. There's only one #1 contender, so he has plenty of other people to fight before he calls out the champ.

For your more recent post, I never said Assuerio was a can, I actually said he was the only decent fighter he has faced. Sylvia was obviously ill during that fight, and as funny as it sounds, trying to hold your shit in during a fight will probably play a huge factor in your performance. As much as I dislike Sylvia, if he wasn't too busy trying to control his sphinkter, he could have easily finished Assuerio. Tim has finished MUCH tougher guys in his career than Assuerio Silva. Assuerio is too short for the HW division, and since Brandon didn't have bowel issues when he faught Assuerio, he finished him.

I ain't sayin Brandon is a horrible fighter, I'm just saying he is overrated and hasn't proved to be as good as his fans claim he is. Not yet anyway.
well i guess we'll find out
 

·
I eat babies
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
j.farrell said:
well i guess we'll find out
It would be awesome to have another legit contender in the HW division, but for me personally, I'm not convinced about Vera yet. It's just my opinion though and don't take my posts to you personally I'm just chattin. You could be right, I'm just statin my side. I hope you are right.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top