Votes: 26 72.2%
  • no

Votes: 10 27.8%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been on here for the last couple weeks talking about brandon. i think he is going to beat mir. but since i train at lloyd irvins school my opinion may be bias. so i figure why not see what everyone else thinks.

Attachments

·
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
5,066 Posts
Brandon is better than Mir has been in the past. But Mir said after his last fight that he realizes how important it is to train. If he actually has good cardio he will be able to beat anyone in the UFC. But I can't actually pick him to beat anyone until I see him last longer than 1 round. Vera will likely win by strikes.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damone said:
It's not that Vera is really great, it's that Mir is really bad nowadays. He gasses in the first round, and had trouble beating Dan Christison.
well supposedly the dan christionson fight lit a fire under his ass and he is actually training for this fight. alot of people are saying that the old frank mir could beat brandon, and he is supposedly training like the old frank mir. i think brandon can beat any frank mir. what do you think damone?? if brandon was next in line for a title shot after frank beat sylvia, who would have won?

·
attention whore
14,445 Posts
If the Frank Mir of old shows up, then he has a good shot at catching a sub. Vera's got the standup game under control. It's just a matter of Mir's gas tank. It has never been good.

Mir is either really bad or pretty good. It's mostly really bad, but there's always that Pete Williams fight.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damone said:
If the Frank Mir of old shows up, then he has a good shot at catching a sub. Vera's got the standup game under control. It's just a matter of Mir's gas tank. It has never been good.

Mir is either really bad or pretty good. It's mostly really bad, but there's always that Pete Williams fight.
mir has got subs, but brandon does as well. not to mention he'll have lloyd irvin in his corner shouting instructions. thats what i mean, i know mir cant stand with him. and i dont know if he can submit him either.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think Mir is gonna take Vera down with ease, no matter how crappy he looked against Christianson, he was still able to take the bigger man down. Vera is much smaller than Christianson and I can definetly see Mir overpowering Vera. Frank has been training since August according to his website and he has a new strength and conditioning coach. I would not be so quick to count Mir out so hastily.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Vera vs. Mir

...This will be an interesting fight. I see it going only 2 ways. Vera getting a KO with his great striking ability, or Mir with a submission win using his good Jiu Jitsu. Tough 1 to call.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Vera will win......Vera's muay thai is phenomenal, and his BJJ is decent. Vera has vicious strikes and hes very strong. But on the contrary, Mir also has good Ground Skills, and he's also a decent -_- striker....it's very hard to say who would win...but my $'s on Vera that's for sure

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damone said:
Mir has great striking ability?
i think anyone said that did they? thats just retarded. mir is getting ko'd standing up. and if he shoot he'll probably catch a vicious knee. i kinda hope it goes to the ground, so brandon can show how well rounded he is. i guess knocking out justin eilers and submitting assuerio silva doesnt mean you are well rounded. it means you are a good striker for some reason. i;d like to see him submit frank on the ground and show off his jiu jitsu.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.