Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this become standard issue for every TUF season now? It's getting real lame and WWEish. There's so many TUF guys in that place, they need to hang real doors on those walls!

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
In 11 seasons, three doors have been kicked in.....one by Leben in the first season, then none until Rampage and Tito.......so how bout we take a breath.

It's a house full of fighters that can't fight each other unless they are in the cage. I'm shocked more doors haven't been kicked in.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
I agree they could buy a real door though. Rampage ripped the door down intentionally but really, Tito didn`t hit the door that hard that it should have fell over like nothing.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I agree they could buy a real door though. Rampage ripped the door down intentionally but really, Tito didn`t hit the door that hard that it should have fell over like nothing.
They just have cheap cardboard style doors. Those things are soo easy to break. It is hard to find good strong doors now.

Edit: I am speaking from experience... Heck I broke a couple of these doors back when I was like 10, had to lay a whooping on my brother lol.

·
Banned
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They could get better doors, it has to be intentional. You can get a 2 dollar hooker to blow on that door and it'll fall apart. But I guess it's for entertainment so to each his own.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
TBH these are just interior doors, if you kicked a door in your house like that it would come apart the same way. Or it would just leave a massive hole, if you have hollow wood doors. Interior doors are are not security, they are just pretty much for show and privacy. If they did that to an exterior door, then the UFC needs to buy some better doors.

·
"Focus"
10,181 Posts
Doors in my house are solid wood, older house though. If i hit one of them it would be me that came apart.
You're in the UK though, they make real doors over there, haha.

·
Homicidal Maniac
6,197 Posts
Man I would love dana to put a steel door and cover it with the cardboard shell that these doors have, so when a fighter goes to break the door they would find a little surprise and Dana can just be like Serves you right for trying to break my property

·
The Fun Police
11,565 Posts
they should replace the doors with some real oak doors and not bother telling the fighters or coaches...that would be funny when they try the 'tough man breaks a door' routine

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
In 11 seasons, three doors have been kicked in.....one by Leben in the first season, then none until Rampage and Tito.......so how bout we take a breath.

It's a house full of fighters that can't fight each other unless they are in the cage. I'm shocked more doors haven't been kicked in.
Forrest Griffin also smashed a door. just sayin

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, the UFC seems to have a thing for cheap doors though. Those things looked like cardboard. It's not just The Ultimate Fighter either. I saw a video of Brock Lesnar watching his first fight with Frank Mir and getting pissed off and punching just the door frame I think, and the whole door fell over. I had to laugh at that one. Haha.

·
MMA Patriot
4,003 Posts
they should not by real doors.Dana made a smart move when he bought these weak doors. he knows people are going to get pissed and do something stupid like that. If they had real doors they would possibly injure the the fighters. if you throw a punch at a door as hard as you can and you hand lands at a bad angle you may break your hand or sprain your wrist or something like that. Same goes for kicks if your toes get in the way of a they could break. the break away doors prevent this from happening as you seen where rampage (or Forrest cant remember) sticks his toes straight through the door.

so smart move dana.

·
Registered
411 Posts
they should not by real doors.Dana made a smart move when he bought these weak doors. he knows people are going to get pissed and do something stupid like that. If they had real doors they would possibly injure the the fighters. if you throw a punch at a door as hard as you can and you hand lands at a bad angle you may break your hand or sprain your wrist or something like that. Same goes for kicks if your toes get in the way of a they could break. the break away doors prevent this from happening as you seen where rampage (or Forrest cant remember) sticks his toes straight through the door.

so smart move dana.
I totally agree and also add that it makes for great TV! The casual channel flipper may see that and go "Whoa!" and be more likely to tune in to see what happened. I personally find the cardboard door smashings to be amusing at this point in watching the show. :)

·
The Bearded One
4,150 Posts

so smart move dana.
X2

Doors are gonna get broken anyway.

This way you protect the fighters and save some $.

·
Registered
320 Posts

so smart move dana.
Brilliant... Never thought of it that way...
But I guess it's true with all that testosterone packed into one house, stuff's gonna get broken anyway, so might as well buy the cheap stuff. Haha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts