Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
LOL I"m a anderson silva fan, but Chael has done more to get another shot than vitor. As far as i'm concern Vitor has to fight anybody at 185 before he gets a title shot.

·
You're not terribly important to me
15,563 Posts
LOL I"m a anderson silva fan, but Chael has done more to get another shot than vitor. As far as i'm concern Vitor has to fight anybody at 185 before he gets a title shot.
yes he defiantly needs the rematch right away, seriously vitor hasn't really earned it, and i dont even care about vitor but thats just me, sonnen is the first guy to not be silvas bitch

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
yes he defiantly needs the rematch right away, seriously vitor hasn't really earned it, and i dont even care about vitor but thats just me, sonnen is the first guy to not be silvas bitch
THe only reason i'm giving him a title shot is because there is no one left at 185 that can beat him. Chael is the closest to beat him.

·
15,563 Posts
THe only reason i'm giving him a title shot is because there is no one left at 185 that can beat him. Chael is the closest to beat him.
and he actuallly brought the fight to silva, not being a bitch like leites or maia or even cote at times

·
Registered
154 Posts
i kinda have to agree that chael deserves a rematch. the only argument against that is that most people don't want to see the same fight twice in a row. but chael did a good enough job that it's hard to argue the rematch.

and without olympic-caliber wrestling, it will be a bad night for vitor.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
When did putting up a good fight in a title fight deserve a rematch? There is zero logic to that. It wasn't a questionable stoppage or anything like that. How in the hell does he deserve a rematch? because he has done the best so far against Silva? Does that mean Carwin deserves a rematch too? Would you think this if it wasn't Silva? is it just because he came close to beating him and you want Silva beaten even though he doesn't deserve a rematch?

·
15,563 Posts
When did putting up a good fight in a title fight deserve a rematch? There is zero logic to that. It wasn't a questionable stoppage or anything like that. How in the hell does he deserve a rematch? because he has done the best so far against Silva? Does that mean Carwin deserves a rematch too? Would you think this if it wasn't Silva? is it just because he came close to beating him and you want Silva beaten even though he doesn't deserve a rematch?
um carwin lasted 1 and half rounds against lesnar who has been defeated b4, silva on the other hand is undefeated at 12-0 in the ufc and has been champ for 4 years and the best p4p in the world and he was taken to 4 1/2 rounds with sonne who nearly beat him by dominating him.

so theres not that much of a difference is there.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Actually NO there's not and you missed the point. The end result was the same. Do you want every fighter who puts up a good fight for the title but still loses to get a instant rematch? Are we supposed to keep giving Sonnen chances until he does beat him just so someone can beat Silva?
um carwin lasted 1 and half rounds against lesnar who has been defeated b4, silva on the other hand is undefeated at 12-0 in the ufc and has been champ for 4 years and the best p4p in the world and he was taken to 4 1/2 rounds with sonne who nearly beat him by dominating him.

so theres not that much of a difference is there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Although I would like to see a rematch, I totally agree with you. A rematch would not be justified in this case. If Sonnen had pulled it off, that's a different story...

I think Vitor deserves a title shot. They were already scheduled to fight, so what's the big deal? And who is left in the MW division that is better than Vitor and hasn't already fought AS?

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
i think we'll know the legitimacy of Anderson's rib injury come the next fight. Anderson's TDD in this fight was far far worse than anything i've seen from him before. Ok Chael is a beastly wrestler but Anderson looked uncomfrotable sprawling. I guess we'll see when they fight again.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Although I would like to see a rematch, I totally agree with you. A rematch would not be justified in this case. If Sonnen had pulled it off, that's a different story...

I think Vitor deserves a title shot. They were already scheduled to fight, so what's the big deal? And who is left in the MW division that is better than Vitor and hasn't already fought AS?
While a little unfair to give Vitor the shot, I'd hate to see Vitor lose to some GnP before getting a chance to trade leather with Silva.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts