Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm convinced Brock has stepped down a notch since returning. He was very fortunate to get by Carwin. That just wasn't the same Brock. Illnesses and operations take a toll on the body. There's an emerging health science that talks about a bio energy field that is disrupted by physical traumas. Quantum physicists like F.A Pop and researchers like Dr. Robert Becker have shown that this electro field (known to the ancients as chi), really does exist, and is compromised by traumas such as surgeries. This is why fighters that get KO'd and suffer severe head traumas are never the same, even if they clean up their diets. You can overcome it, but you have to know the right health practitioners and techniques.

This is something I'm personally studying, so that's why I'm rambling a bit, but regardless, it's hard not to be concerned about that first round. I wish I knew Lesnar, so I could direct him to some great guys that know how to remediate this stuff. But I have this sinking feeling his career is going to be short lived. I just don't buy this idea that he's returned better and stronger. Curios if others see this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
what exactly is your field of study and profession?
Lesnar has not had fights for you to be able to know how well he performs against opponents of different skill set so I don't see how you can say he is different than before. From a scientific point of view there isn't enough data to make a conclusion.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Brock did not have surgery.

Brock has not lost consciousness in a fight.

I'm convinced Brock has stepped down a notch since returning. He was very fortunate to get by Carwin. That just wasn't the same Brock. Illnesses and operations take a toll on the body. There's an emerging health science that talks about a bio energy field that is disrupted by physical traumas. Quantum physicists like F.A Pop and researchers like Dr. Robert Becker have shown that this electro field (known to the ancients as chi), really does exist, and is compromised by traumas such as surgeries. This is why fighters that get KO'd and suffer severe head traumas are never the same, even if they clean up their diets. You can overcome it, but you have to know the right health practitioners and techniques.

This is something I'm personally studying, so that's why I'm rambling a bit, but regardless, it's hard not to be concerned about that first round. I wish I knew Lesnar, so I could direct him to some great guys that know how to remediate this stuff. But I have this sinking feeling his career is going to be short lived. I just don't buy this idea that he's returned better and stronger. Curios if others see this.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brock did not have surgery.

Brock has not lost consciousness in a fight.
Hmm, I thought he had some kind of procedure to unclog the stomach. Perhaps it was just heavy does of meds. But the illness was so serious it caused him to lose mass amounts of weight. But I stand corrected, perhaps about the surgery.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
No, you are right. I checked again and Brock did have surgery. What he managed to avoid was a much more serious operation which would have required a colostomy bag.

I'm skeptical about your point that fighters with surgical procedures are not able to regain their prior form. Shogun Rua has looked magnificent in his last two fights, and he has had multiple operations.

Akiyama
had a fractured orbital and fared very well against Leben despite a tactical error that ultimately cost him a victory.

The list of UFC fighters who have had surgery and come back and performed effectively is very extensive.

As far as being KO'ed, that does not apply in Brock Lesnar's case.

If anything I would be much more concerned about the physical state of Brock's opponents. Brock effectively retired Herring. Couture has not looked the same after being TKO'ed by Brock. Mur has taken a lot of damage, and felt so discouraged he openly contemplated moving to 205.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Before he fought Brock, Carwin had went passed the 2 minute mark of round one only twice in 12 fights. Give Brock some credit.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
I think Brock only went down if you had him preemptively, too high on a pedastool. I knew coming in Carwin would be his biggest challenge yet and that's just what it was. I was surprised how much Carwin owned him in the first, but again, I acknowledged a Brock loss (as a Brock fan) was a possibility. Even as a hugger, I never saw him as inhuman or unbeatable (slightly superhuman and tough to beat perhaps, but that's it).

I still believe any of the HW elite have potential to beat one another. Between Mir and Brock, I can confidently say at this point that Brock is the better fighter. After the fight between Carwin and Brock, I can only say Brock was the better fighter that night, which I think will be the most accurate statement for the top 3-4 HW in the UFC.

Brock certainly didn't dominate, which would have been the only result that would have satiated the haters into quasi-respecting him, but I expected it to be a fight, as I expect Cain to be a fight and most likely JDS to be a fight if Brock is still the champ.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, you are right. I checked again and Brock did have surgery. What he managed to avoid was a much more serious operation which would have required a colostomy bag.

I'm skeptical about your point that fighters with surgical procedures are not able to regain their prior form. Shogun Rua has looked magnificent in his last two fights, and he has had multiple operations.

Akiyama
had a fractured orbital and fared very well against Leben despite a tactical error that ultimately cost him a victory.

The list of UFC fighters who have had surgery and come back and performed effectively is very extensive.

As far as being KO'ed, that does not apply in Brock Lesnar's case.

If anything I would be much more concerned about the physical state of Brock's opponents. Brock effectively retired Herring. Couture has not looked the same after being TKO'ed by Brock. Mur has taken a lot of damage, and felt so discouraged he openly contemplated moving to 205.
It's not that it guarantees decline. It's one component that contributes to decline. Fighters are probably the most determined and resilient people on earth who pull out every stop to meet their goals. But from the people I've been talking with who work with pro athletes, most wear themselves out and leave their sports quite broken and unhealthy. I'm sure Lesnar is changing his diet and lifestyle for the better, and it's slowing his decline. He may even turn things around for his next fight. Hope so. Just can't help but notice Brock going in the wrong direction. If Cain continues to go in the right direction, it'll be a tough night for Brock.

BTW, what was Shogun's surgery? What it his knee? or something different this time?

·
Registered
128 Posts
lets face it, letting a guy beat down on you until they wear themselves out is not a strategy that is going to get you very far.
Partially disagreeing with you. Yes it's a strategy that won't allow you to have a lasting career IF you use it against every opponent. But, some guys really are just ******* semi-trucks who're gonna slam through anyone who tries to oppose them. How do you stop that from happening? You roll with the semi till it runs out of gas. Brock's said that the fight went nowhere how he wanted it to go, so it wasn't exactly his strategy. But a good example of that strategy is Ali vs Foreman. No one wants to let a prime George Foreman pound them like a heavy bag, 99% of people wouldn't be able to handle it. Ali believed if he did allow him to, that he would punch himself out and he'd be able to win the fight. It worked.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
Back to the OP. I'm completely willing to believe the body has many elements, some of which modern mainstream science doesnt recognize. Be it energy fields, Chi, chakras, souls, spirits or whatever rocks your boat. I believe this kind of thing exists. Having an operation is usually followed by medicines and procedures solely designed to heal the physical body. If the bodies energy fields are also damaged, most of us get zero treatment for this. Is that where your going Calminian?

I do however think that sometimes the body gets the right treatment completely subliminally. For example, Brock may have felt the need for certain foods or activities without really understanding why. Cravings can operate on some seriously spiritual levels, gently guiding you in a certain direction. Most of us completely miss these signs. Most of us are playing Call of Duty. I love me some MW2.

Tricky topic. As is Quantum Mechanics and God. I think I'll stop right here. ;)

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts
For one I'd like to point out that this whole topic is very silly. The bio-electric aura being talked about is not some mystical sign of well being. It is - quite simply - the electrical aura generated by the human body. A field resultant from our nervous system. Nothing more and nothing less. Calling it chi is using a religous term for a well understood phenomenon. It's out of place.

As for something the last poster before me said I would like to point out that cravings are not subliminal guiding messages. They are biological messages. If you are low on protein you will start craving protein. If you are low on sugars you will start craving sugars.

Let's not start using spirituality to address topics that are well understood by science.

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
For one I'd like to point out that this whole topic is very silly. The bio-electric aura being talked about is not some mystical sign of well being. It is - quite simply - the electrical aura generated by the human body. A field resultant from our nervous system. Nothing more and nothing less. Calling it chi is using a religous term for a well understood phenomenon. It's out of place.

As for something the last poster before me said I would like to point out that cravings are not subliminal guiding messages. They are biological messages. If you are low on protein you will start craving protein. If you are low on sugars you will start craving sugars.

Let's not start using spirituality to address topics that are well understood by science.
Whatever dude. You call it whatever you want. Doesn't make anything you're saying a fact. By all means state your opinion. Just because your beliefs conflict with mine, its not a good move to call me outright wrong. Its a can of worms... inevitable thread locking will ensue.

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts
No. I actually can say you are wrong because you are wrong. It's not my opinion saying that. It's science that is saying that. You can have your beliefs but when your beliefs fly in the face of actual documented and studied phenomenon...

·
of Nazareth
10,239 Posts
No. I actually can say you are wrong because you are wrong. It's not my opinion saying that. It's science that is saying that. You can have your beliefs but when your beliefs fly in the face of actual documented and studied phenomenon...
Modern established science carries very little weight with me friend. So where do we go from here? :) Aint squat you can say to change my mind and vice versa. So, we're left with opinions. I'm happy to leave it there. Are you?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.