Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

brock is the champ

2K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  Calminian 
#1 ·
just because brock is the champ doesnt mean he's not the underdong
brock has a win over an 45yr old couture in which he had over 70lbs over him, a mediocre heath herring & a win & loss to mir, where as carwin has is 12 & 0 finishing every fight within 3min.

#5 ·
I don't know about underdog. I'd say Carwin has a very very very slight striking advantage in that he's connected with the big shot more often. And I'd give Brock a slight wrestling and clinch advantage. Too close to call for certain. Leaning Brock. But I do think Carwin is the best wrestler Brock's fought to date.

#12 ·
Carwin - 10 Nobodies, an unconvincing win over Gonzaga and a strong performance against Mir

Brock - A nobody, lost to Mir (though dominating the fight), strong performances against Herring, Couture and Mir.

I'd give it to Brock. Neither are particularly well experienced, but Brock probably shades it. Less fights, superior competition. Argue it either way you like.

In terms of wrestling, i honestly think Couture posed more of a wrestling threat to Brock than Carwin does.

#13 ·
I can't be dogmatic about Carwin's wrestling, but a Div. 2 champ is no slouch. I wouldn't mind seeing Couture vs. Carwin if he loses.

I think pushing on a natural 215 pounder should be significantly easier than pushing on a natural 260 pounder (who's 14 years younger). Still think (apart from any dogmatism) Carwin's going to be Lesnar's stiffest wrestling test yet.

#16 · (Edited)
I think pushing on a natural 215 pounder should be significantly easier than pushing on a natural 260 pounder (who's 14 years younger). Still think (apart from any dogmatism) Carwin's going to be Lesnar's stiffest wrestling test yet.
Yes, he will be Lesnar's stiffest wrestling test. But, did you forget that Lesnar will be about 25, 30 lbs heavier on fight night. I mean Carwin doesn't even weigh in at the max. Brock has to cut weight to make 265. I do agree that Carwin will be Lesnar's stiffest test. However, the stiffest test still won't be too much of a test. Carwin won't go in there and outwrestle lesnar. Carwin has to get a knockout, cuz he won't get up if Lesnar gets on top of him.

#14 ·
I'd give the experience factor to Carwin because he's been in more fights, albiet they all ended pretty quickly. Almost half of Brock's opponents have been Frank Mir. Carwin beat Mir much more convincingly than Lesnar did; Carwin was able to do what Lesnar did in half the time(1st round finish to a 2nd round finish) Mir is the best fighter on both guy's resumes, and Carwin had a much better showing against him than Lesnar did.

Lesnar SHOULD be the underdog for this fight taking into account his lack of fight experience, his illness, and his time away from the ring. However...he's Brock ******* Lesnar man!

#15 ·
Going to be betting most of my credits on this one. Though real money is a different story. This fight really has no underdong IMO. They are both extrremely tough. Carwin has been in the ring more times and more recently. Lesnar is just a freak of not only nature but science. And they are both titans. I do not think we are going to be surprised by this fight though.

Carwin by KO in the early rounds;
Lesnar by TKO by 2nd-3rd. Slight possibility of Lesnar KOing Carwin in the first couple punches.

#21 ·
Why is there all of this wrestling talk? They are not going to roll with each other. It's not gonna happen. There may be some positioning against the cage, ala Couture, but they're not gonna try and shoot in and take each other down.

These 2 are gonna bang HARD. Mir and Couture both stunned Brock a bit. I honestly don't think the dude can take a real big punch like Carwin is gonna be able to deliver.

Brock will not take Carwin down. Brock's standup is no where near what Carwin's is. He happened to catch Couture behind the ear that knocked him down. Carwin is gonna stagger him and then knock him silly.

I honestly think Carwin, Dos Santos and Velasquez could all take Brock.

#25 ·
I see a lot of people bringing up the fact that Carwin beat Mir faster than Brock. But does that really matter when it comes to Brock vs Carwin?

Brock beat Mir by overpowing and wrestling him to the ground and then gnp.
Carwin beat Mir by overpowing Mir up against the cage and then dirty boxing.

Personally I think Brock outwrestling Carwin is more likely than Carwin outpowering Brock, so I don't see the big deal about Carwin beating Mir faster (plus Brock still dominated the second fight with Mir, its not like it was close).
If Carwin wins I think its more likely going to be while they're trading strikes outside of a clinch.

And neither fighter has a lot of quality wins so if ones over rated, they both are.

#27 ·
I agree! Just because he beat someone in a faster time or with a KO does not all of a sudden make them a better fighter. That would make Serra a better fighter because of the GSP knockout, and so on and so forth. Carwin is a powerhouse, he has knocked out everybody, but that does not mean he can't get beat or will roll right through Brock. Carwin will eventually learn that all power makes you the best fighter.

Personally, I wouldn't bet on either fighter winning. I want Brock to win, I think Brock will win, but I would be an idiot to count Carwin out. When fight night comes, I am just going to sit back and watch the fireworks happen and enjoy what will no doubt be one hell of a good fight.

#37 ·
If you look at the (Way) Brock Destroys his opponants and how he completely controls them like there little kids, then you will start to understand who the Under Dog is.....

And if he fought Randy today there is no way he would be getting back to his feet like he did... I think Brock is already to much for Shane and i know Shane hasn't fought someone as powerfull and gifted in wrestling as Brock is. And i dont think Brock is going to have to adjust as much as Shane will.

Because i think Brock will be on top of him the whole time controlling him, and pounding him into ground beef....

Give this freak 3 more years to perfect his overall game more, and he will do some scary things! WAR BROCK!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.