Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
These really do not help much. Is he trying to make his own small primetime or something?

He looks intimidating in these but they are edited a lot so... I don't know hwat I am trying to say here.

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts
I think he's just trying to maintain hype for the fight without the crazy trash talking. I like seeing him talk like this. Where it's more about his confidence than insulting his opponent.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
These really do not help much. Is he trying to make his own small primetime or something?

He looks intimidating in these but they are edited a lot so... I don't know hwat I am trying to say here.
Who cares? No need to over analyse it, he's just hyping the fight :thumb02:

·
Registered
263 Posts
What dont you understand?
Well French is my first language but my English is pretty good too and that didn't seem to be proper english. Before he even mentioned confidence he said that's one thing he doesn't lack, then ended with "and that's confidence" and the "anything of" seemed unnecessary to me

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Well French is my first language but my English is pretty good too and that didn't seem to be proper english. Before he even mentioned confidence he said that's one thing he doesn't lack, then ended with "and that's confidence" and the "anything of" seemed unnecessary to me
It isn't good use of English, but not really because of the 'anything of' part. He uses the word 'that' at the start of the sentence, but it should be 'there'. He used 'that's' twice which isn't good English, because it's defining what he doesn't lack anything of twice.

I think it should read: There's one thing I don't lack anything of and that's confidence.

or it could be:

One thing I don't lack anything of is confidence.

The 'anything of' part is needless though, it doesn't add anything to what is being said.

The English language is quite confusing when you break it down :confused02:

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts
Are we really disecting Brock Lesnar's grammar?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
YES!!! The fight is so closely matched between these two that we have now reverted back to how well they did in school!

Just kidding. I think this is really just because the guy whose main language was French was confused about how that worked.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm not saying his grammar is relevant I was just confused. I really don't give a shit about grammar or spelling or any of that stuff, in my opinion if you can get your point across then that's good enough.

·
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
5,684 Posts
I can't wait for this fight i am deff taking Carwin for the KO in this..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts