Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UFC wrecking machine Brock Lesnar doesn't just think he'll beat his opponent at UFC 116 on Saturday ... he thinks he might kill the guy.

We asked the hardcore heavyweight why he would get back in the ring after a mystery illness brought him so close to death a few months ago. His response -- it's the other guy who's risking his life.

Lesnar also offered his thoughts on a new trend making a splash in the world of combat -- fighters drinking their own urine to gain some sort of an edge.

Dude also had some wholesome advice for Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears ... you gotta watch it. It's the most entertaining 105 seconds of the day.

heres the video link
http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/01/brock...lohan-britney-spears-urine-kill-shane-carwin/

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good find. :D
LOL I don't know if I agree with his advice for girls to start wearing underwear, but entertaining nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
I really like Brock.... And i think for the sake of spreading MMA around the world, he is awesome for the sport!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Good answers.. He wanted to say that the wrestler doesnt have a change and made a fast change to wish him luck..

He seems to becoming more classy.

Im thinking about it more and said to myself.. World could see through Brock that even that arrogant mofo could become better person,more humble by training and competing in MMA!! Which is great credit to the sport itself!

FTR - I really hated Brock. I think he is kinda different now. We will see.. I will be hardly a fan, but he can earn my respect.. Started already, in some way.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
He's slowly growing on me. See how he reacts after the fight (win or lose) saturday night.

I really didn't like him to begin with either, but the more fights he has, the more respect he shows, the more of a fan I'll become.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
The only time Lesnar's ever been genuinely disrespectful was after the last Mir fight, when he was surging with adrenaline after avenging his only career loss over a guy that had been talking shit about him for months. Other than that he's been pretty respectful. Sure he talks a little bit of trash, but no more than Mr Humble Shane Carwin has been; just Lesnar's had the class to talk his trash on camera, not via Twitter or on forums. Lesnar was very respectful towards Randy and didn't talk any shit of note towards Herring, it's only been Mir that's got him wound up, and the adrenaline pumping through him got the better of him after the UFC 100 fight. I don't see him reacting the same if he beats Carwin.

·
HiiiPoWeR
17,676 Posts
The only time Lesnar's ever been genuinely disrespectful was after the last Mir fight, when he was surging with adrenaline after avenging his only career loss over a guy that had been talking shit about him for months. Other than that he's been pretty respectful. Sure he talks a little bit of trash, but no more than Mr Humble Shane Carwin has been; just Lesnar's had the class to talk his trash on camera, not via Twitter or on forums. Lesnar was very respectful towards Randy and didn't talk any shit of note towards Herring, it's only been Mir that's got him wound up, and the adrenaline pumping through him got the better of him after the UFC 100 fight. I don't see him reacting the same if he beats Carwin.
Mir said that he wishes Brock was the first guy to die due to octagon injuries so i really don't blame Brock for acting ´like the way he did. Frank had it coming to him.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mir said that he wishes Brock was the first guy to die due to octagon injuries so i really don't blame Brock for acting ´like the way he did. Frank had it coming to him.
Didn't Mir say that after their fight (before the Carwin fight)?

I agree that Mir should have been more respectful. He poked at Brock hitting tires with hammers etc. However, the death comment wasn't until after their 2nd fight.

Am I wrong?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Didn't Mir say that after their fight (before the Carwin fight)?

I agree that Mir should have been more respectful. He poked at Brock hitting tires with hammers etc. However, the death comment wasn't until after their 2nd fight.

Am I wrong?
Yeah that Mir comment was after 2nd fight.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
the death coment was after their fight. Mir went overboard with the 'hype' videos, he even had someone stuff pillows into their shirt to pretend they are brock and, of course he hit them with a softy and they fell over.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I thought it was great when Brock joined the UFC and I also hated his antics after the Mir fight as much as everyone else. He's definitely a volatile guy, especially after that sort of demolition of someone he hates but I'm back to liking him again. He's arrogant for sure and has a lot to say, but I kinda like it as long as it doesn't go too far.

The way he got to the title was some kind treatment and I may have complained about that at the time, but it made business sense, made a lot of money and in the end it just landed Brock where he probably would have ended up after a few more fights anyway; in a title fight. Couture vs Lesnar was a huge fight and will be looked back on as a classic.

I might have to support Brock tomorrow night :confused05:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I feel bad for Lesnar in that interview. Completely blindsided by one of the most annoying reporters ever. You could tell he was uncomfortable.

But, he did end it with one of the best quotes ever. "Wear some underwear damnit!"

·
The Mad Titan
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, he actually "rode" the Texas Crazy Horse after dominating him for three rounds rodeo style...

The only people Brock truly fears are his wife and his boss...
yeah but herring and his camp talked a bunch of crap and refused to accept the fight at first because brock was a "fake wrestler"

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'm kind of surprised Bautista is actually going through with a MMA career. The guy is 44 years old and as far as I know doesn't have any combat sport experience except for training.

·
The Internet Prophet
1,750 Posts
yeah but herring and his camp talked a bunch of crap and refused to accept the fight at first because brock was a "fake wrestler"
Which is really funny considering that Herring was a pro wrestler in Japan. What a tool.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts