Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kind of my second coming, its brought a lot of life into me and my training camp. I'm excited to be a part of this. The setback for me has been a good thing because it allowed me to sit back and focus on my diet and the way I train. I brought some new things to the table, a new strength and conditioning coach and a new boxing coach. I really regrouped since October (2009) and rejuvenated myself with a new approach to training. It's been very refreshing. I won't have to cut any weight this time. I came in this morning right at 265 (pounds). I've had 40 tune up fights in practice since camp started and if I have any ring rust by the time July 3 rolls around it will be a crying shame.

Props: http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/22/1530592/brock-lesnar-ufc-116-will-be-my
Takes a page out of the Shane Carwin playbook and leans up for this fight, says he won't even have to cut weight. Interesting read.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
... That will be interesting. It could hinder or help him... Though I still think he will have to cut... He seems just as big as he was before the sickness... If he is lighter now I would be seriously confused.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I suppose he knows himself far better than i do, but all video and picture evidence suggests that his change in weight is not quite as drastic as he is stating. He looks just as huge as ever. Perhaps trying to play mental games with Shane, making him think the size advantage is gone when in fact it isnt?

Either way, the size advantage may be gone, but the strength, athleticism and superior wrestling ability will have remained wholly intact.

·
Registered
302 Posts
He's probably carrying less fat/water weight leading up to the fight as a result of his dietary habits. I'm not sure why everyone is making this out to be such a huge deal.

I have a friend that plays OL for an NFL team, and he can have 10+ pounds of food sitting in his body at any point in time.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it actually tells you how seriously he is taking Carwin. And now he is even starting to do the same things Shane did 2 years ago now.

As for the interview during the fights on Spike the other night, I thought the UFC tried to make brock look bigger by zooming in on him. They could have easily zoomed out and showed some back ground, but they zoomed in to where he didn't even fit on the damn screen and there was no background in the picture, looked ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's probably carrying less fat/water weight leading up to the fight as a result of his dietary habits. I'm not sure why everyone is making this out to be such a huge deal.

I have a friend that plays OL for an NFL team, and he can have 10+ pounds of food sitting in his body at any point in time.
That's exactly right, just his change in diet alone, he probably cut about 15 pounds, and thats just from your body processing foods better and carrying less water. Brock also has carried around a good 10+ pounds of fat on him in his previous fights. Factor in his training routine where he is focusing more on striking and core strength, and its going to lead to a leaner, lighter brock.

·
Registered
453 Posts

Do you have any details on what it was he changed about his diet? All i can surmise is that he now eats vegetables whereas formerly he avoided them. Doesnt seem all to extravagant of a change to warrant the hype that surrounded it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Do you have any details on what it was he changed about his diet? All i can surmise is that he now eats vegetables whereas formerly he avoided them. Doesnt seem all to extravagant of a change to warrant the hype that surrounded it.
I know about as much as you do. However, foods that are high in sodium, for example, will make you retain more water weight. A more well-balanced diet probably has led him to carry less body fat as well. Maybe he's working more cardio in there as well. Who knows. 20 pounds from a 300 pound guy is only 7 percent of body weight. That's like someone else going from 200 to 185. Not too extreme.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know about as much as you do. However, foods that are high in sodium, for example, will make you retain more water weight. A more well-balanced diet probably has led him to carry less body fat as well. Maybe he's working more cardio in there as well. Who knows. 20 pounds from a 300 pound guy is only 7 percent of body weight. That's like someone else going from 200 to 185. Not too extreme.

Thanks for the information, phrased like that it isnt quite as drastic.

Everyone seems to become very hooked up on the weight of lesnar. I doubt it will bare any relevance to the outcome of the fight at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just don't think he was ever cutting all that much weight to be honest. I never saw or heard any proof of him cutting "from like 290!!!" as some would have it. Maybe 10 pounds or so but that's like skipping 2 meals for a big man like Brock.

·
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
9,814 Posts
Thanks for the information, phrased like that it isnt quite as drastic.

Everyone seems to become very hooked up on the weight of lesnar. I doubt it will bare any relevance to the outcome of the fight at all.

The weight/fat loss is most likely all due to his diverticulitis. From all I've read, I'd guess that his case was more severe than mine.

I went through a 3 week period when I couldn't consume anything I couldn't see through. That left me with apple juice and chicken broth. Another 4 weeks of no bread or meat or processed protien. Then 4-5 more weeks before I felt comfortable eating more than a kids portion. My family tried to pump me full of calories day and night but a half an apple felt like a brick in my gut. In 12 weeks I went from 190 to 155 and almost zero body fat. 4 years later I'm still about 180.

In my opinion Brock's recovery really is a medical miracle. And I think it's hugely relevant to this fight. I couldn't even imagine taking a body shot so soon after my illness.

I'm pulling for Carwin but there is no denying that Brock Lezner is a special physical specimen.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I don't know if it's the illness related oe if he's laying of the pork chops and cheese steaks and eating complex carbs (fiber), milkshakes, fish and fruits/veggies till he's full, that's a good thing.

Kind of relevant - Ed Soares said something like Anderson Silva was training hard for Sonnen between 190 and 195 *in March, as opposed to walking around as 230lbs like people think he does.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Eating a lot of meat will gunk up your digestive system. It will literally sit in your gut for hours on end and basically ferment and rot inside your body before it's finally processed and flushed out. Plus, most meats are heavily processed with salt and that will lead one to retain water.

If you are eating more vegetables, this food will be processed more quickly from your body and plus you will retain less water.

I'm guessing Brock will be even quicker and more maneuverable on fight night than he's ever been.

Brock has enough power and size: the leaner weight will make him a bit speedier and more flexible.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
A healthier, slightly smaller Brock Lesnar; does that mean he's going to appear even quicker and even more athletic come fight night? Man I'm excited to see how Lesnar comes out next week. So looking forward to this fight.

·
To the death George
2,306 Posts
I think brock is expecting a gruelling 5 rounder and is working more on his conditioning. I expect him to go GSP style on carwin now with this news and grind carwin for the decision.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Brock Lesnar - I won't have to cut any weight this time. I've had 40 tune up fights in practice since camp started and if I have any ring rust by the time July 3 rolls around it will be a crying shame.
wat

:confused05:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts